GEMB / unauthorized credit check

United States, Ohio, Dayton Review updated:
PO BOX 276
Phone: unknown
This company made a credit inquiry without authorization from myself. This is disturbing and unethical, as these inquiries hurt my credit score. There is no phone number listed to contact them.

A  4th of Apr, 2009 by
I checked my credit report this morning april fourth and found out that this company has also made a credit inquiry on me as well, is there anything we can do about this?
N  10th of Apr, 2009 by
I"am shopping for a home security system, I contacted a local company for some information, and after the conversation, I asked him if a credit check is required, he stated "yes".I told him I was not ready for a credit check.He stated no problem, he asked me for my address and date of birth, I asked him why does he need that, he told me he wanted to verify it was me, and make sure that was my home, come to find out he did an unauthorized credit check...what can I do?
N  22nd of Apr, 2009 by
I was just notified that GEMB ran credit check on me too. Which was unauthorized too... Where did they get my info to run the check in the first place.
N  9th of Oct, 2009 by
1-800-333-1071 This is the number I got for this supposed place that keeps doin this. I just saw they ran a check on me as well last year, and have no idea why