Geisinger Billing Department / Billing money

1 1000 East MOuntain BlvdWilkesBarre, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 570-808-7300

Back in 2007 I was going through a divorce and moved back into my parents home. With my Geisinger health insurance I have a $500 deductible plus copays ect. So I asked to be put on a payment plan about $50 a month until payed off. I would send more if I could. So it took me one year to pay off this account. I have proof from my bank that I paid off this account and everything. So for 2009 I paid off my deductible right away and always had $0 balance. Since I got back on my feet found a great boyfriend and moved out on my own. This year 2010 they tell me I own $75.00 from 2007 it was a balance that I never paid. Now for one this company sends you to collections if you don't pay your bill within 2 months. They are such stingy ### for being non profits. Number 2 I have all the records from monthly payments paying you guys off. So I requested 3 times for the records asking of all my payments for 2007. They refused to send it to me from the billing department. So I still had my bill for 2010 to start paying off. They told me that I was paying on my deductible for this year. But I noticed that my bill was not going down for my $500 deductible when I called them up. Those lying ### took my payments and applied for a phantom bill to 2007 and their is nothing I can to do. I have tried fighting this giant corporation. They are a monopoly in pennsylvania and they are not very nice. They almost killed me during an admission but that is another complaint. Just beware and watch every payment you make to this company. They make up bills that do not exist and will shift money you do give to them to area's you don't want it to go!!!

Comments

5th of Sep, 2018
    Geisinger Health System - Bill
    wilkes barre, pa

took my son to the Geisinger Medical Center in Wilkes Barre, PA for a few stitches on his chin. Total bill was $3, 720.93 and then received a bill for $2, 994.43. This was after my insurance paid and I paid co pay of $171.00. This is outrageous, for a few stitches on chin that took 15 minutes.

19th of Sep, 2018
    Geisinger - emergency room

Was not treated with professional behavior, the e.r. Doctor was rude and failed to listen to me sent me home with chest pain and no relief.nurses were rude, doctor was rude and called me a liar. I will never use Geisinger Bloomsburg ever again!!!

• Hi
      17th of Oct, 2018

I have been requesting an itemized bill for my emergency room visit at Geisinger Wilkes Barre on July 20, 2018 and for some reason I am NOT receiving it. They told me they mailed it twice and then would email it to me, but still haven't received it. I was concerned since I had the SAME thing happen to me in Bridgeport, CT and the SAME treatment and overnight stay there (but, they fed me food in CT and only broth at Geisinger) and the bill was more than double from Geisinger. All of the diagnostics were billed separately, including the "hospitalists" which were not needed or requested by me at all, and then a line item of $23K...for what???? I had blood work and fluid IV's to monitor low sodium overnight in the observation unit, basically check blood and give sodium IV until it is back up again, and as I had said, the labs, radiology, and ekg were all billed SEPARATELY on the invoice. Still waiting for my bill after 3 weeks of requesting, I'll keep you posted folks... Oh by the way, the PA on duty was going to release me after a few hours because she said my tests came back looking good, but NEVER EVEN CHECKED THE SODIUM LEVEL like I told her!!! I could have had seizures or gone into a coma - good thing I checked her work...

• Na
      27th of Oct, 2018
    Geisinger - Mygeisinger
    Danville
    Pennsylvania

570 953 7500 called about my geisinger and it says its scam likely and I wanted to report this to you

• Jr
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Geisinger - Imaging center Scranton Carbondale hey
    Scranton PennsylvaniaScranton

X-ray for lungs, its been two days and films not yet sent to physicians office. They are poorly staffed and the readings should be a smoother faster process. This is poor process and unacceptable. Consider quality service satisfaction the excuses for under staffed is a poorly ran site not focused on customer care.