GearBestscam company

I purchased an item from GearBest before the Chinese New Year. I contacted customer service and asked about the status of my order, and was told that my item was shipped. I couldn't wait to get it! I waited and waited, but nothing arrived. I could not even track my order, because the tracking number they gave me was invalid. It is now February 18th and still nothing! I am very disappointed. Do yourself a favor and don't order anything from these guys. Total scam company with poor customer service.

Do
Feb 18, 2016

Comments

• Me
      Feb 21, 2016

Don't ever risk a purchase from this company you will regret it. I did it cost me £100's and what did I get a faulty mobile phone on arrival (Doogee F3Pro that would not take charge, the USB cable just fell out as soon as inserted), a used pair of headphones (Idea USA that had hair on the headphone pads no cable ties for the leads and instruction sheet clearly opened and refolded to make it fit), long delivery delays (they use a courier consolidation company who collect the products until they have a complete shipping container to save money, whilst you pay Gearbest an expedited shipping fee and the tracking information only relates to when it left the Gearbest packing department), expensive customs admin fees (although I paid for expedited delivery of my total order Gearbest sent in in two parts therefor each attracted a £21 admin fee from the UK courier company for their services, yes I got stung twice and Gearbest insisted they were not at fault) in addition to shipping (if you want the product with insurance and tracking you have to pay) and VAT (they ship from China and Hong Kong so you are charged VAT and import duties unless you buy from their European warehouse which has very few products) and when something goes wrong (you complain through their grand sounding "Support Centre" who tell you your can have a replacement if you buy it again! As to your original not fit for purpose product they offer you a credit against a future purchase in my case US $24.00 on a purchase price of £142.00 excluding shipping and insurance and tracking fees!) what happens you are given a $5.00 credit (on a Ulefone that had a broken screen) on an account that you never want to risk buying from again.
    An awful company who take no account of UK and EU purchase protection laws, have no idea of what constitutes good and fair customer service and whose staff appear to thrive from giving you frustrating and helpless information that reiterates their apologies and the rest says, to sum up and paraphrase "Tough we are not interested" This will get you infuriated as they make ridiculous requests for photos and videos less than 2MB in obscure formats. As the review says a scam YES in my opinion

Sep 02, 2016

One of the items I have purchased from GearBest is this phone. Im really happy with it. Thanks to GearBest it came for 3 weeks as written in the site and in perfect condition. My firs order, in which this phone came, was with number W1603242327422571.
    In the site I can always find what I need for the perfect price. The iste is easy to use, provides good quality and reasonable prices.
    Thanks, Anelia Gancheva,