GE Cash Card / Cheating the customer!

1 India Review updated:

I received GE Cashcard No. [protected]. They are very irregular in sending the statements. Previously, they had a branch office at Chennai where payment can be sent, which they shifted. After this, I used to drop the cheques in the specified drop box. However, they started charging cheque pick-up fee. I don't think any Bank is charging cheque pick-up fee for the cheques dropped in the specified drop box. Fed up with the services, I repaid the due amount during the end 2006, except for a small amount of around Rs.70. I talked to the Bank regarding the wrong charges of cheque pick-up fees and the representative over the phone agreed to waive the same and adjust towards the dues and close and cancel the account. While they canceled the card, to my shock, I received a statement for Rs.70 + Late Fee + Service charge. When I contacted over phone, they assured that they will reverse the same in the next month, I will not receive any statement. However, again the next month, I received the statement for the earlier month due + fresh Late fee + Service charge. Again, I contacted over phone, they again assured that they will reverse the amount, but nothing happened. By the month of May, 2007 I now received a fresh statement specifying a total liability of around Rs.2,500/-. I want to bring this to the notice of all the customers of GE CASH CARD as well as prospective customers, so that they will be careful in the dealings with the Bank. I regret that no official / representative from the Bank bother to contact over phone or take correct action. Continuous phone calls to the Bank are yielding no results. I am at loss as to what to do now.

Comments

• Sp
      6th of Jun, 2007

I blocked my card No 4211903014101663 as the same was lost before 4 months and the customer care of GE informed me that they will send a new card immediately but the same is still not received. Whenever I contacted the customer care it was told that the card is being dispatched and the same will be received within one week. I am having other cards and their services are very good but now I feel that I have never come across with such worst customer care service. Last week when I contacted the customer care and it was told that the card is ready and you will receive within one week but still I have not received the same.

• Ph
      16th of Jul, 2007

This is to bring knowledge to everyone carrying a GE cash card- I have been using this card for about 3months now and like to express my frustration with the service being absolutely pathetic!!! Every time i ring the customer care..and all i hear is the same advice for about 2 weeks and still the same even today. Ex- i have given an ICICI cheque dated on 7/7/07 and been cleared on 12/7 which is late already, and now its 16/7/07 and still not updated with GE cash card system which is ridiculous service to my experience.

• Sb
      1st of Sep, 2007

Hello,

I got a problem too. I paid 2 times in the last 2 months. One time thru check of Rs.20000/- from ICICI bank, then Rs.5000/- thru cash. Both the times they said they didn't receive the payment. I had to call so many times to customer care, they simply say they are investigating. Looks like someone is cheating from GE card side. We need to bring it to public notice.

Beware of GE card!

• Po
      2nd of Sep, 2007

Hi,

I think we live in Hi-tech age and your esteemed organization represents USA, but sorry to learn from your customer care representative, that he was helpless to provide monthly electronic statements at my email id, on my demand for my GE Money Cash Card. If possible, USA chaps, please wake up to listen this genuine Indian demand...

• Sh
      24th of Sep, 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Shyam Sunder Singh Having the GE cash card No.4211 8920 1441 6819 since last two years.
    Please have a look to my case :-

(a). I had deposit HDFC cheque No. 260401 of amount Rs.2000.00 in favor of Ge cash card no. 4211 8920 1441 dated 14/08/2007 as a payment for Aug. 2007.
    (b). I had deposit another HDFC cheque No. 260402 of amount Rs.2500.00 in favor of Ge cash card no. 4211 8920 1441 dated 18/009/2007 as a payment for Sep. 2007

In both the cases the Amount is not been withdrawn from my account, i a spoken to GE customer care they told that both the cheque are not been cleared by my bank
    ( HDFC) when asked for the reason for same they told that HDFC bank has not provided the details for non clearance of cheques to GE and they told me to contact my bank for the
    reason.
    As per your customer care executive advise I spooked to my bank for details of non clearance of both Cheque No.260401 and 260402, as per them they haven't
    received any cheque of these number for clearance and it seam to be right as there is no deduction of any amount for cheque disowned from my bank for last month.

therefore it is requested to you to provide me the reason and hard /soft copy of the statement which is showing dis owner of cheques from my bank,So that i can take it with my bank for further action.ans simultaneously issue you a new cheque for further action.

As you are charging me for both cheques dis owner and interest rate without knowing me the correct reason.it is my humble request to you for not charging of same as my track record is good for last two years.

Waiting for your reply or further action.

Thanks and Regards
    Shyam S Singh
    09819818271
    toshyamss@yahoo.com
    shyam.singh@vodafone.com

• Su
      5th of Dec, 2007

Hi,

I am the using the GE cash card for last one year. I received the monthly statement only in the first month after that till now i didn't get the monthly statement. Every month they are charging Rs 393/- extra as late fee charges. I call to customer care people for more than hundred times to send the statements but every time they used to say the same words. "This time we will send you the statement for sure". But till now i didn't get the statement. Now even we are unable to connect to the customer cars people.

VERY VERY BAD SERVICE WHICH I HAD EVER SEEN IN ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION. ACCORDING TO ME THE GE MONEY AIM IS TO EXTRACT MORE MONEY FROM THE CUSTOMERS BY CHEATING.