Gateway / Stolen credit card number by employee
I contacted online support at http://www.gateway.com for information about upgrading the memory on my laptop. This was done through a "Secure Chat" session. They assured me it was 3des encrypted. The support tech said he would be happy to assist me with purchasing the memory. I provided him with my credit card number and he placed the order. In about 10 minutes I got a confirmation email for the order, however there was a second order email confirmation for the same exact order being sent to someone else.
I contacted customer servive and their party line was "Computer Error" we will contact the other person and have him reorder.
I checked with my credit card company, there was at least 4 orders from Gateway charged to my account.
Today I am unable to contact anybody at Gateway Corporate via phone. They hide really well. Gateway doesn't have a fraud department according to the customer support department.
I would neve trust Gateway. While their connection might be secure, they don't seem to take care of making sure their personnel are trustworthy and secure. My guess they outsource this services and they have a problem.
I will never buy Gateway products again.
More Gateway Complaints & Reviews
- Gateway - Scam and cheating 
- Gateway - How to file an arbitration complaint with Gateway
- Gateway - Boot problem 
- Gateway - Warranty Not Honored 
- Gateway - Fradulent statements
- Gateway - Unauthorized charged on credit card
- Gateway - I would never buy another Gateway product nor would I ever recommend that anyone else do so ever
- Gateway - Unethical business
- Gateway - Avoid
- Gateway - Scam