Gateway / Stolen credit card number by employee
I contacted online support at http://www.gateway.com for information about upgrading the memory on my laptop. This was done through a "Secure Chat" session. They assured me it was 3des encrypted. The support tech said he would be happy to assist me with purchasing the memory. I provided him with my credit card number and he placed the order. In about 10 minutes I got a confirmation email for the order, however there was a second order email confirmation for the same exact order being sent to someone else.
I contacted customer servive and their party line was "Computer Error" we will contact the other person and have him reorder.
I checked with my credit card company, there was at least 4 orders from Gateway charged to my account.
Today I am unable to contact anybody at Gateway Corporate via phone. They hide really well. Gateway doesn't have a fraud department according to the customer support department.
I would neve trust Gateway. While their connection might be secure, they don't seem to take care of making sure their personnel are trustworthy and secure. My guess they outsource this services and they have a problem.
I will never buy Gateway products again.
More Gateway Complaints & Reviews
- Gateway cr Cust 1014104 - wrongfully charging my visa 
- Gateway Computers - Computer Warranty and Repair 
- Gateway / Monitor Lp2207 - Stay far away from Gateway
- Gateway International - Scam and cheating!
- Gateway Computers - Gateway 420GR - what a hunk of junk! 
- Gateway Prestige Cinema - Lack of service
- Gateway - Unauthorized charged on credit card
- Gateway NV77H Laptop - Laptop should be repalced
- Gateway NV55S02u - Hard Drive Crash
- Gateway/ E Machine - emachine is a Bad Computer