Gallagher Bassett / Terrible experience

I was injured on the job working for a large photography studio. Gallagher Bassett refused to pay any bills or pay for health care I needed for a herniated disc in my back. Now after 2 years of no help from the company I settled for next to nothing with the company and now I just had surgery and am partially paralyzed in my leg and tremendous back pain because of lack of cooperation of gallagher bassett and a nationwide large photography company. Do I have recourse with G & B for suffering and permanent damage? I am so very pissed.

Va

Comments

• To
      27th of Oct, 2008

did you get a lawyer, most lawyers work pro-bono. I am going through the same thing right now. I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back and I hired a lawyer right away for this. The employer that I was working for was a little shady, so I could only imagine how the insurance companies that they hire were going to be. My lawyer cant even get an answer out of them, so he filed a hearing claiming "bad faith". most insurance companies dont want to be called to a hearing on bad faith, it doesnt look good for them. what a coincidence, its gallagher basset also.

• Ta
      12th of Nov, 2008

I too have had a bad, a rental van experince with Galligar Bassett, they have such unprofessional adjusters it's a shame. I was hurt on a bus that my company provided for me to ride in only to find out the seat wasn't secure. I was thrown to the back of the van, I suffered a upper/lower back injury. They rushed me to their doctor right away to be looked at that I have no problem with I just wish they felt our pain. This too shall pass.

• Su
      14th of May, 2010

I would be very interesting in knowing if you do have the right to legal action against Gallagher & Bassett for dragging there feet and freezing up your injury by ignoring your medical treatment and causing further damage, I have been done the same way by them, and if you didn't know there claims are there the third party involved in your injury, they are hired to save costs, to your company and are a risk management company, which I currently became aware of. Please keep the forum informed, alot of people have been further injured because of Gallagher & Bassett !!! Thanks!! Susananne

• Lo
      7th of Jan, 2011

they r horrible. i have three herniated discs from a work injury. today i got the run around so i couldnt get my medication so who knows how bad im gonna feel going cold turkey this weekend. i hate this company n i am being forced to get a lawyer. all i wanted is treatment but all i get is [censor] in my face by these [censor]s. latia wallace has screwed me so many times we should have kids. i have been more than polite and patient but they really took me through the ringer this time. all they needed to do was fax one paper yesterday, or at least today, but now im out of meds and have no doctor to see. im so lost, scared, and confused. if anyone can give me some pointers and help on how i should b working this out please tell me. everything was not great but going ok til now. who should i call at this company to go above my case worker? is there any easier way to get things done?

• Ga
      12th of Sep, 2013

You can take them to department of workers compensation your self, and it doesn't cost you a dime .The judge has an obligation to make sure you don't get screwed by GB. Their attourney costs them about 300 an hour and a half a day in court (1200). You will love it when their lawyer beggs you not to go to trial... labor code CA 5814 is intentional delay and will cost them thousands in fines if you push the issue to trial. It becomes very easy to win when you have your doctors request and a fax confirmation. They have no legal excuse for not granting your doctors request for your treatment. Their lawyer will try to intimidate, bully, and manipulate you. This is normal . The day of the trial their lawyer will catch you in the hallway and purpose a buy out instead of going to trial . You will then ask for ten thousand dollars. The judge will fine them much more, don't forget your are dealing with a multibillion dollar company. These guys are ### and need to pay...[protected]@yahoo.com