Frontier Communications / poor service

United States Review updated:
Frontier Communications
I'd like to tell you a story about a work at home professional who lost a contract because of: 1) Poor billing practices, 2) Ineffective customer service reps, and 3) Incapable programmers/technicians.

Three months ago, I chose Frontier because I work at home and needed a reliable land line. After weeks of rescheduling appointments, their technical group was finally able to port my existing number and activate my phone line. At the time, customer service reps blamed my existing provider for the issues, and I believed them.

After using the phone for about two months, I noticed that I hadn't received a bill. Once again, I contacted customer service. The rep told me that my account was past due because their records showed an incorrect address. I contacted my bank immediately and authorized payment.

The same day I authorized payment, my phone stopped allowing long distance calls. At first, I thought it was a temporary outage. Then, a day or two later, I noticed that my long distance service was still not working and that my caller ID didn't work. I was outraged: I contacted the company and fixed its mistake and the company cut my service? I couldn't believe that I'd been treated in such an unprofessional and shoddy manner.

Before this fiasco started, I accepted a job to prospect for an IT firm. But, days after authorizing payment, I still had no long distance service. So, I pushed back the job's start date, relying on Frontier to fulfill its promise to restore service.

After staving off the start date as long as possible, I contacted customer service once again. Without being prompted, I provided a check number and verified that the funds had been removed from my account. During this conversation, the rep assured me that my phone would have full service the next day. I contacted my new employer and agreed to start the next day.

The next morning, I sat down at my desk to start work, and (no suprise!) my phone didn't allow long distance calls. So, ONCE AGAIN, I contacted customer service. And, ONCE AGAIN, the rep assured me that I will have full service - within the next thirty minutes.

I wait thirty minutes and then some, but my long distance still did not work. Then I called customer service again to no avail. I tell my story to another wonderful, polite customer service rep who is completely unable to solve my problem.

My issue is still not resolved. Because I have no long distance service, I will probably lose my job. And how could I blame my employers? They have every right to expect a productive, capable, reliable business relationship.

Evidently, this rule doesn't apply to phone service.

A  30th of Sep, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Don't feel too bad. I just got Frontier service and someone here may end up in jail because the service is not working right, and you must have a local land-line for home-detention instead. If the phone doesn't work, the officers monitors won't work, home-detention will get denied, and this sweet, wonderful person, (who just had driving offense and went to report a robbery in progress, and got arrested in the process) may have to do jail time instead!!! 99% of the time all we get is static. All the phones are new and have been tested in other places, so we know it's the company!!!
N  7th of Apr, 2016 by
Do not get Frontier service it had been a nightmare for me even since they took over for ATT 2 years ago. They are lazy and don't want to deal with customer. Several times I call to have issue resolve and all they do is transfer you without saying anything, when you get transfer it all over the country and everyone tells you something else. The over charge you and it hell to get your money back and the equipment does not work right. I got the service over a year ago and every month since they I have to call them about my home phone stop working... They are a horrible company and should not bein business.
A  17th of May, 2016 by
We were switched from Verizon to frontier about a month ago. Since then we have had nothing but problems. No ""On Demand" movies work, and as of today we have had no internet for 5 days. I have called at least 8 times. They just don't show up to fix it. They don't even call. And when I call I get shuffled around to different departments. It is maddening!! We run a business out of our house and we cannot send or receive email. Today they said they are trying to fix it internally; but, I won't hold my breath!!

Frontier Communications Logo Frontier Communications