From You Flowers / fees and service changes excessive - buy local instead

I was attempting to make a purchase via the website, which was overall a good web experience. When it came to the final steps of selecting shipping charges and then payment, I was also pleased to see PayPal offered.

My complaint was that I did not see any mention of the $12.99 "service charge" until the absolute last step in the process, which caused me to abandon the ordering process and order locally instead (free florist lookup via Google) and a quick inexpensive call.

Funny thing, though, the company sent out this followup email:

Dear Customer,

We were so sorry to see you leave our site a few minutes ago. If you come back now
we will be waiving the $12.99 Service Fee on any order that you place*! From You
Flowers offers Same Day Delivery anywhere in the US when your order is placed
before 3pm in the recipient's time zone!

I was not really surprised that they knew the reason I abandoned the order-- maybe they should stop and think about fixing that issue instead.

Te

Comments

• Bi
      17th of Apr, 2010

THIS IS NOT a floral company. They are nothing more than an order gatherer or phone bank that is going to pass your order to a real florist in the neighborhood. For the priviledge of doing so they keep 20 percent of the order total. You will be paying 100 dollars for a 65 dollar arrangement after all is done and everyone getting their cut.

Order online only if the company provides a physical adress on the home page of their site. And even then you will probably be going through one of the wire service hosted sites that the florist uses and they will keep about 10 percent or more. Use the phone if you can

• Bl
      19th of Jan, 2011

I have received no delivery of flowers.
    Several attempts at receiving a refund from From You Flowers have been to no avail.
    I ordered them to be delivered one day prior to my mother's birthday.
    I was notified hours later that the delivery could not be made that day though their website and ordering said I could and took an extra fee for that Same Day delivery.
    I was told they could be delivered on Monday, one day after the birthday with a note of apology and an upgrade to the bouquet.
    Flowers did not come. I called again and was told that they would have to investigate and call me back, the same thing I was told the day before but received no call as I was promised.
    Recommended by CNBC according to their site, if they only knew.

6th of May, 2011

DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM FROMYOUFLOWERS.COM. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! I HAD AN ORDER THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE DELIVERED ON THURSDAY MORNING BEFORE 12PM AND I PAID EXTRA. CALLED THEM THAT DAY AT 10A AND WAS TOLD THAT MY FLOWERS WOULD BE DELIVERED BEFORE 12PM. CALLED THEM AGAIN AT 12:15PM, FLOWERS HAD NOT BEEN DELIVERED, NOR DID THEY EVEN HAD A FLORIST LINED UP TO SEND THE FLOWERS OUT. THEY SAID THE FLOWERS WOULD BE DELIVERED BY 5PM AT THE END OF THE DAY AND I TOLD THEM TO CHANGE THE ORDER TO BE SENT OUT ON FRIDAY MORNING BEFORE 12PM. CALLED AGAIN ON FRIDAY AT 11AM, NO ONE KNEW THE STATUS OF THE ORDER. I CALLED BACK AT 12PM, ORDER STILL HADN'T BEEN DELIVERED. NOW IT'S 3PM AND NO ONE KNOWS WHEN THE ORDER IS GOING TO BE DELIVERED. LOTS OF TIME WAS WASTED CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE. I SPOKE TO OVER 10 DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH 10 DIFFERENT ANSWERS. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AND GO THRU ALL THE STRESS THAT I DID. BETTER OFF WITH 1-800-FLOWERS OR A NATIONAL NAME BRAND COMPANY.

• Un
      9th of May, 2011

I ordered flowers for Mother's day. They were not delivered and wehn I called thye told me local florist regjected delivery and they would be delivered 3 days later. I told them forget it and to credit my card. They did not even apologize.

• Jh
      11th of Feb, 2013

One employee Rachel L. was a very irrogant employee. Definately not ok and I will never come here again. Why get a jib if you dont know how to do it. it is because of her that i will never buy flowers there again. I will also be telling everyone to never come here if she is not fired. She is a bad employee and makes the comaapny look bad.

• Al
      24th of Dec, 2013

Horrible company. They promised same day delivery if placed by 3 PM and i placed orders at 9 AM. Only to get a call in the afternoon that neither order will arrive on time for Christmas and now it is too late to find a reputable florist in either town.

• Fr
      7th of Feb, 2015

After 800Flowers.com began getting more expensive - and their website harder to maneuver - I discovered that FromYouFlowers.com was a breath of fresh air...however; they eventually began a devious routine that is explained by 17th of Apr, 2010 by Bill650 in the complaint at the top of this page. I ran into the same problem with them; the shipping and/or handling charges were transparent for months and then they just disappeared - only to suddenly appear after you arranged for payment with PayPal and just before your final OK of the purchase. The is very poor/devious practice and I for one will not accept it and will not buy from them until I know the shipping/handling charges well ahead of PayPal... I hope a Facebook user will post this problem - eventually they may change there website.

• Gr
      7th of Mar, 2015

I, too had a extremely bad experience with FYF. I ordered birthday flowers for my daughter at work. Her sift ended at 2:00pm, so I paid the extra fee to have them delivered by noon. At 2:30 they hadn't been delivered. I called and was advised that they needed to contact the florist. They emailed back and said the flowers had been delivered. My daughter did not get a phone call from her company. I called customer service. to inquire where the flowers were. They indicated they had been delivered. I told them how unhappy I was and they refunded the expedited fee. I called my daughter's place of employment and was told that the flowers were not delivered because she wasn't there to received them. The delivery guy stormed out when learning she wasn't there.. (I wonder why she had to be there to have them delivered???) I called customer service and asked if I could pick the flowers up, but they wouldn't tell me who the florist was. After negotiation they called the florist. They were putting "extra flowers" in the arrangement to make up for the lack of service. They were in another city and would have taken me 45 mins both ways to get them. I asked that the order be canceled. They said they would deliver them the next day. I advised it was too late. I have yet to see the refund, though I was sent a 15.00 gift card. I let them know that I didn't want the card, and that they should use the cash to shore up their business practice/processes. Absolutely, hands down the worst customer experience I have had in a long while. I have not yet seen the refund on my account.

• Di
      12th of Feb, 2016

Never ever order from this company!!! More than likely the flowers you order will not be received and you will probably not be refunded the money you paid by credit card. So sad that honest people can be cheated and treated this way. Just remember: what goes around, comes around. Thiws is a horrible, dishonest business!!