Fresh Chocodiles / Horrible Company

My girlfriend purchased 4 boxes of Chocodiles from Fresh Chocodiles back in Mid August. Shipping was almost double what it really costs but that is not the problem. The problem is that the Chocodiles that arrived were Expired and STALE! I know sometimes you can eat something after the expiration date but I tried them and they were certainly stale. And to be honest is it really fresh if it is expired?

So anyway my girlfriend emailed them the day she received them and was told she would receive a refund. That was the last we heard of the company. We have sent several emails since and they just ignore us. We filed a Paypal claim against them and they replied via Paypal that they shipped the product and provided tracking information. They also stated they do not guarantee freshness!

Paypal favored on their side because they state the product was delivered.

This company is a complete rip-off.

And if you dont believe me, there is an entire website dedicated to their horrible company:

Comments

• Fr
      2nd of Apr, 2009
    Fresh Chocodiles - NO Product, NO Responses
    Massachusetts

Paid $49.98 for an order placed on 2/14/09. Never received the product, and this company does not respond to inquiries. They essentially took my money and dissapeared!
    Filed with Better Buseinsss Bureau, Filed Claim with PayPal and I'll continue to make people aware of these ripoffs at every complain site I can locate until these scam artists are shut down and brought to justice!!

• Ta
      17th of Apr, 2009

Same thing I am going through now, I really wish i searched the internet with all these complaints out before i made a purchase from this sorry website wanna be buisness! People be aware this buisness is a RIP OFF!

• Us
      1st of Sep, 2009
    Fresh Chocodiles - paid for product, never received and no response from the co. from e-mail and this is the only way you can contact them
    Fresh Chocodiles
    California
    freshchocodiles.com

As with the other comments on this site, I placed an order, never received my product, and the company did not respond to multiple emails asking for help.

• La
      1st of Oct, 2009
    Colorado
    freshchocodiles.com

I placed an order for 3 items from Fresh Chocodiles and I only received 1 of the items. When I tried to dispute it through Pay Pal, Fresh Chocodiles claimed to have shipped all the items when I only received 1. This company is a fraud and I'm looking into taking legal action against them.

• Mk
    fresh chocodiles
    freshchocodiles.com

I placed an order for 10 packs of hostess snoballs on 9/27/09 and it was charged to my credit card and I have not received the product and have been charged for the product and unable to contact the co. as I have e-mailed them twice with no reply and there is no other way to contact them. What do I do and who should I contact as I believe they are fraudulent?

• Va
      12th of Oct, 2009

Since it was charged to your credit card or bank card you generally have about six weeks to notify the bank. They will collect the purchase amount back from the company and deposit the funds into your account!

• De
      12th of Oct, 2009

ask your bank/ credit card company for a chargeback. easy.

• Fr
      30th of Nov, 2009

I didn't get my order either until I opened a grievance with paypal. After about 2 days they
    emailed me and sent me my order.

31st of Jan, 2011

While I should not comment on anyone's experience with this company. After not having any of these treats for 25 plus years when they were about 30 cents each, I will say is I ordered 10 boxes of Chocodiles for $75 with free (or discounted) Fed Ex Ground on Dec 3, 2007. They arrived in less 2 weeks and were kept cool my CT garage. They were a great Christmas stocking stuffer for my daughters and a great college flashback for my wife & I. The last sale date on all of then was in early January of '08. I put them in the freezer and at the pace of a one or two a week, they lasted until October. We would just sit them on the counter for about an hour or two and then enjoy. The last one was almost as good the first on Christmas day.

I was about to do order again for Valentine's Day. I guess I should have a backup plane in case this or another company does not provide quality service.