Freightquote.com / Use at your own risk!

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I have used Freightquote twice..they came highly recommended by two companies I do business with. First transaction...flawless, this last one however, an absolute nightmare.

What was supposed to be a 1 day transit and delivery time turned into over a week! They blamed everyone they could except for themselves! It was nothing but run arounds, excuses and false information! They were extremely unhelpful and offered little assistance in resolving the matter with my delivery...even told me there was nothing they could do.

I even paid for guaranteed delivery, which did not happen. The dishonesty from them was appalling. I also filed a complaint with them because the first rep that I dealt with used profanity with me!

As a medium sized company that ships via ups on a daily basis, the need for a freight delivery does come up for us. However, I can say, I will never use their service again. This is definitely a company to use at your own risk!

They even had the nerve to send me an invoice for the service...service I did not receive!

Comments

5th of Nov, 2009
    Freight Quote - Not licensed to do ocean shipping
    Freight Quote

I was given a ocean freight rate without proper licensing from FMC and the rates were astronomical. If you go to the www.fmc.gov website they are not listed as a licensed NVOCC or Freight Forwarder. The FMC is adamant about companies being fully licensed in order to perform ocean shipping to and from USA ports. If in fact they operate as brokers then they should be presenting rates on behalf of the carrier with full disclosure and payment should be made to the carrier. They said they work with many shipping companies but would not disclose with which ones and they did not realize that their procedure for shipping is deficient to say the least.

• E1
      11th of Mar, 2010

Try the service offered by Express 1, www.mytruckingcost.com

15th of Jun, 2010

Freightquote.com is the worst company we have ever dealt with. We have been in business for years and are used to dealing with reputable companies that stand behind their word. Not Freightquote. They charged us $600.00 for a guaranteed 2 day shipment which took 6 days to deliver and then expected us to pay. Last time I checked, guaranteed meant just that. We wouldn't pay them but now are having to pay our Admin staff to fight the collection agency they turned us over to. We will win concerning the billing, because most companies know what the word guaranteed means but the headache and hassle of having to fight this is unbelievable. DON'T USE FREIGHQUOTE.COM You'll end up being sorry like we are.

• Dh
      23rd of Dec, 2010

Im sorry to hear that well my name is Desiree with Bluegrace Logistics and unlike Freightquote we take care of our customers. But you can vistit our website at www.mybluegrace.com you can also contact me directly at 813-658-2088 or e-mail me at dhoward@mybluegrace.com.

• Ge
      17th of Mar, 2011

I think my nightmare out weighs all the other ones with Freightquote.com. We have a furniture store in N.C and sold a sectional sofa on Ebay. It took two boxes and total weight was 287lbs. The 1st bill we got had said that we shipped 4 boxes and was 500lbs more than agreed upon and the bill reflected that.I had to send them a copy of the signed invoice from the driver showing there was only 2 boxes picked up. They did correct the number of boxes but still insisted I was 500lbs over weight. I explained to them that if the number of boxes went down then the weight should as well but for some reason they could not grasp that. Long story short, I now have to deal with collections and phone calls for money I do not owe and refuse to pay.What a company!!! We now use a diffrent company and do about 14, 000.00 a month with them and have never had one problem. All these shipments could have been theres every month but instead they are hounding me over a few hundred dollars I do not owe, someone there needs to be fired. Harold Jones with Get N Go Furniture, Hope Mills N.C

3rd of Jun, 2011

Guess what? You and most of the complainers here need to learn the rules of shipping. And you need to realize that Freightquote (or any other broker) does not cause the adjustments--the carriers do! So this would have happened if you had called the carrier directly to ship this product. And *ALL* claims and disputes require documentation, which you failed to provide. Stop blaming the innocent with your ignorance!

15th of Jun, 2011

If you had *actually* paid for a guaranteed shipment, then you would have either gotten fully reimbursed, or reimbursed down to the amount of a normal shipment without the guarantee. Guaranteed shipments only guarantee the *transit time*--never the pickup date or delivery date (in case they pick up late), and all guarantees can be voided for delays due to weather/Acts of God. These are the rules made BY THE CARRIERS, not Freightquote! There is no manager at Freightquote that would deny your refund if it falls within those guidelines, so you should speak with your rep's manager.

• Ac
      14th of Jul, 2011

We had a similar problem. Got a quote from FreightQuote and shipped through them. Two weeks later, we got a bill from them for almost as much as the original quote (in other words, they wanted us to pay almost twice as much), based upon a "re-weigh" of our shipment.

Here's the sort of funny part... When I got the quote, and the FreightQuote rep asked me how much it weighed, I said, "about 250 lbs.". He said, "Let's say 244, because a round number like that sends up a red flag.".
    Okay.
    Now, according to the re-weigh, the weight was a ROUND NUMBER of 400 lbs.
    In checking the shipment again, I set up a spread sheet and weighed EVERYTHING individually, including an identical pallet and identical lumber used to do the crate, as well as the contents. Actual result: 275 lbs.
    When I informed FreightQuote of what I did and the result, they relayed it to Old Dominion and O.D. replied that we'd need to supply pre- printed literature for them to consider. But that's not possible, because we are the manufacturer of the item and it was part of an item. In other words, no literature on it as it was shipped.
    I offered to weigh everything again and shoot a video of it, but to no avail.
    So, we're refusing to pay this bill.

• Lk
      28th of May, 2015

Got a call from a guy at FreightQuote saying that our freight handlers gave them our information for them to contact us for our freight needs...first of all they didn't even realize that we didn't use freight regularly (only around once every two -three years) which if they had actually received that information from our regular handlers they would have realized and second when we contacted our regular handlers they said they did no such thing, why would they send our business to someone else?

• In
      1st of Mar, 2018

One of the worst companies we've dealt with ever. We used them several times over the years. Most shipments were okay and others had relatively minor problems. Most problems were related to unreliable pick-ups. BUT 4 months ago we had our nightmare shipment with them. We were quoted around $300 for a shipment. However, when we were billed out the total came to nearly $640! We filed a complaint through their dispute process. We (the shipper) were considered guilty until proven innocent. We were asked to provide documentation, which we did. We were informed that the documentation was not satisfactory and we needed to provide additional documentation... which we did (exactly what documentation they requested). After 4 months in the dispute cycle we were informed that our dispute was denied. Why? We were sent the carriers response which basically only stated that they measured our package. BOTTOM LINE... their dispute process is a JOKE!!! As you can read from others, the carrier will often unjustly bump up the weight and/or freight class and you get the bill that is 140% more than what you were quoted.
    DON'T USE FREIGHTQUOTE... save yourself the headache & the money by going elsewhere!!!

4th of Mar, 2018

@Innovative Metal Specialties Yet again, someone is ignorantly blaming the broker, in this case Freightquote. The adjustments come directly from the carriers, NOT the broker, but Freightquote tries their best to fight it for you. If you are not satisfied with the resolution, you simply need to take your fight and your complaint to the carrier. Educate yourself to realize how the process works and stop blaming the wrong party. Stop badmouthing the wrong party—so unfair and wrong of you!