Freelancer.com

Posted:

account closed, stole my money

3.75
Freelacer.com
Sydney, New South Wales
Australia
freelancer.com
Hello !

I just wanted to tell you my brief story so that other people now about these scammers. They suspended my account having 2000$ in milestone payments. The reason they did this was because I logged in some months ago using somebody else's computer. He also had a Freelancer.com account but they did not suspend his account because he had no money in it !!!

They are probably interested in stealing your money because that mistake I was talking about happened almost 6 months before my account got closed.

I hope I can get the money back so I can stay away from them in the future...
Complaint comments Comments (29) Complaint country Australia Complaint category Job & Career

Comments

N  17th of Jan, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Hi cosmingh,

Account suspension and holding milestone payments are a part of our security measures. It is not equivalent to being banned from the website. For more information about User Profiles, please visit our FAQ page: http://www.freelancer.com/faq/view.php.

In order to help create a safe environment for the freelancers and employers, Freelancer.com has several measures in place. We do not usually respond to particular issues published publicly so please issue a support ticket through http://www.freelancer.com/report/contact.php or send us an email to customer-support@freelancer.com. One of our support managers will help you with your concerns.

If your complaint is regarding a legal or compliance issue you can send an email to legal@freelancer.com or write to us at

PO Box 1121,
Double Bay NSW 1360,
AUSTRALIA

Sincerely,
Freelancer.com
N  13th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Freelancer.com Hello, Freelancer also closed my account a successfully complete my first project and got five star review but they closed my account I have contacted with support team but they did not give me response.
A  18th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
Hi,
My Account has been suspended since one month after my client paid me 370 dollar. I have emailed them many time to solve the issue but they suspended my account and block my money telling that suspicious transaction. My employer also emailed them to verify this and also told to reverse the money back so that he can pay in other way, but they are giving weird mail that they have not received any email when my client emailed them kept me on CC. I just wonder I told them to reverse the money to the account where it comes from and release my account, but are not doing this still now...!! Whats their problem!!! Is this any way to suspend one's account with money since 1 month!!!
Enamul
N  2nd of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
This has happened to me too. I'm an employer, and freelancer is demanding I upload a copy of my passport or driver's license to them. I am very uneasy about this since this has ALL my personal information on it. I also know that they do NOT do this to all accounts so why are picking some and not all. I am still waiting for paypal and my attorney to get back to me. I a few good reviews that I pay my developers on time so I do not know why they are targeting me and a few others. Additionally, if I have money in their account and they can access my freelance account there is nothing to hide. Why do they need my very private information. Even my paypal is linked to them. I don't even upload my private information to paypal why would I do that with freelancer.com. I just want access to my freelance account so I can send my money back to paypal where it belongs. This happened to me once before, but it was so little for me to care. Now I'm pissed. Oh yes, I contacted customer-support@freelancer.com. I am also contacting paypal dispute. I am going to research and see if I can file a complaint to a few others. People need to be warned. Imagine how many other people has their account suspended even if it is only $5 or $10 per account those add up.. to millions of dollars of stolen money 'cause most folks just walk away from a few dollars here and there. I would have it it wasn't my second time being suspended.
N  7th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
freelancer.com i think u r scammer and eat money .. u always suspend or limited account when account has money
my username is socialpluto.
we have 500 feedback and got in 2-3 month we are company ..
but when i have 3000$ in account, scammer freelancer suspended and closed account and i never violated any terms .. why i will violate ?? i am working good and earning .. so this is not possible that i kick off my earning
pease dont scam people
A  7th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
Hi Tazeem,

Is your account reinstated now?

A  17th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
Account Closed

Account of socialpluto has been closed.

not yet
A  17th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
Bunch of scammers. I got paid my first payment, the milestone was released to me. $1350 in my account, i was waiting for the money to withdraw to my skrill account when i try to log in to Freelancer the next day the account is closed and they did not even tell me that they had done it. I have sent numerous emails but all they respond with is 'the account is closed and irreversible, contact your employer if you want your money back'.

Well this employer has now ran off with the money thanks to you, Freelancer. Bunch of scammers. NOBODY use this company because even when your milestone is paid they close your account and send the money back to employer (supposedly). It is a website facilitating scam artists. So if you want to be scammed then please go sign up.

And all of this happens without any contact from freelancer, i only got a response when i emailed them and even then they gave me no information other than it is closed.
N  22nd of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
I was one Freelancer and I immediately stopped receiving money for the first time.
D  24th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
Freelancer.com These idiots are my 2500$ in my profile today and my account was closed. i dont know why the hell this happened. Earlier they changed my password also and when i reset it back they closed my account..whatthe hell is this, what legal steps shoould be taken for this website, , i am goinf to clain to lawyer billion dollars clain on freelancer for making my account closed in which my project was about to be finish...
A  11th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Freelancer.com closed our account with 500+ reviews, including some of milestone, they don't respond from the support or customer support emails
A  14th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Freelancer is just a scam, they closed my account with no reason and to top it off they ripped off my payments that I waiting to withdraw, move to upwork or 99designs or elance, they are better than this scam company.
N  24th of Jun, 2015 by    -1 Votes
Hello Everyone,

My name is Steven from Freelancer.com.

We may discuss all your concern by sending us an Email.

If you are experiencing difficulties, or need of our help, you may always shoot an email to stevene@freelancer.com.

We are always ready to address all your concerns.

Thanks.
N  24th of Jun, 2015 by    -1 Votes
Hello Everyone,

My name is Steven from Freelancer.com.

We understand how and where you stand regarding this issue.

Furthermore, we always make sure that we exhaust all avenues in investigating every issue; hence, for an impartial and unbiased conclusion.

We may discuss your concern regarding this issue by sending an email to us.

If you are experiencing difficulties, or in need of our help, you may always shoot an email to stevene@freelancer.com.

We are always ready to address all your concerns.
N  12th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
Just today I made a similar experience. Freelancer.com seems to be a scam. They have closed my account while I was running a project. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE CHEATING YOU!!! After I have paid the necessary fee, they just took off my account.
A  24th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I had around $500+ in my account and monday night (IST) was suppose to me my withdrawal, and these people just closed my account like that. First of all, no warnings were issues, obviously why would they do it, they want to eat the money!
Bloody losers have just closed the account and as always they say" we offer no recourse for this" i mean really? What the hell. Atleast let the person know. and If i am earning good, why in the world would I do anything which would lead into such circumstances.
N  24th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
My account also has been closed with 1900 USD worth of milestones from our clients. Plus $500 worth of withdrawable funds... they closed our account without notifying us the reasons why. this happened twice already. at first they froze $300 worth or funds from us, their reason is that, we are not verified. after we verified the account still our money was frozen... now the second time, they scammed us again... For all freelancers out there. Be careful with your money... Don't use freelancer.com.. they are scammers.
A  13th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
My Account also closed, I dont Know why, I pay for upgrade Member ship also, Freelancer.com is scam, Dont waste money & Time for This kind of website .

Tharanga
A  7th of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
this site is BIG fraud, i think they steam people money, i am a bit scared,
N  7th of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
they stole my 1000 USD, client released money, they blocked my account and my client too, after that my client runaway saying i am scammer, i dont know what they did, but yes i know they are bigfckng robbers, i wish to reach matt and sue him.

this site is just SCAM SCAM SCAM, STAY AWAY
A  16th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
Same here, 60 USD are stolen.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.com Logo Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.com
Customer Care Service