Free Credit Report / Unauthorized credit card charge

1 301 East ParkwayIndianola, MS, United States Review updated:

I did not receive a credit report of any sort. I did go their web site and started to fill out a request. Then discovered they wanted too much personal information, so I left the site without even requesting a free report. Today I received my credit card statement which revealed a $14.95 charge (CreditReport.com [protected] CA. I did not order a credit report, and even I had, it was supposed to be FREE. Please advise them that I will NOT pay this charge and to notify my credit card company. Thank you.

Comments

• Ed
      28th of Apr, 2008

I went to free credit report .com to retrieve my husbands credit report. It ask me for my credit card#. After the billing was done it was a 0 balance. 30 Days later i was billed 12.95 from mini credit report for some monitoring services I didn't ask for. I called them to cancel the man was trying to convince me to keep the services. He said to call back before the 30 days is up, that's the catch. I know for myself that it is hard to remember things from one day to the next now your talking about 30 days. I got upset and hung up. Don't make the same mistake I did get your cancellation # from them before you hang up. Well I need to say that I was billed again this time I cussed them out and I did get my cancellation #. I wouldn't recommend anyone to curse someone out but it was a quick satisfaction for me. When you are retrieving your free credit report make sure it is that free

• Da
      1st of May, 2008
    Free Credit report - Un-authorized credit card charges
    CI*CE Credit Report
    Phone: 800-388-8725
    freecreditreport.com

Charged my credit card $14.95 for a membership. they stated that when you log onto their website it is consider an automatic membership and they bill you later.

They store your payment information after a free annual credit report is provided. This is the membership.

• Br
      5th of May, 2008
    Free Credit report - taking money out of my account
    CIC*CE
    Hawaii

i requested to have my credit report done at freecreditreport.com and now they are taking 14.95 out of my bank account with out my knowing. i would like to have this problem fixed!! its really making me mad!!

• As
      5th of May, 2008

This site is not free. They may give you one month free, but after that you pay. Did you read all the terms?

1st of Jul, 2008

I applied for what i thought was my free annual credit report and have received a charge on my credit card that i did not authorize. I would like to know why i was charged and would like the charged removed.

2nd of Jul, 2008
    Free Credit report - Unauthorized charge to account
    Free Credit Report
    Kentucky
    www.freecreditreport.com

I printed off my free credit report. I did not give out any personal info. Somehow they acquired my checking account number and charged my account without my permission. I called them and they refused to refund my money. These people need to be shut down. They are scamming people. Please stop them from doing this to anyone else.

• Ph
      23rd of Aug, 2008

Has anyone had success with getting this charge removed from their credit card. I was billed $14.95, however I did not realize that I needed to cancel within seven days of obtaining the free report. No email was sent to me to that effect. They have since cancelled however will not reimburse me the $14.95. Any luck, let me know. Thank you.

• Ju
      24th of Sep, 2008

FREECREDITREPORT.COM SCAMS YOU INTO A MEMBERSHIP WITHOUT KNOWING!! DO NOT GO ONTO THIS SIGHT FOR CREDIT INFORMATION!

• Ar
      12th of Nov, 2008

Please cancel account they take $12.95 per mo. please stop this

• La
      9th of Dec, 2008
    Free Credit report - Unauthorized charge
    MNICreditReport.com
    Illinois

This company got through to my email with a "free" credit report offer. You sign up using your credit card number, but they assure you that there will be no charge, that it's only for security purposes. There are a lot of pages to the sign-up process, and they assure you all the way through. Sure enough, no charge to my account...the first month. Here it is a month later, and bingo--$12.95 to MNICreditReport.com ! Not cool!

23rd of Aug, 2009
    Free Credit report - failure to cancel
    freecreditrport.com

I called freecreditreport.com six months ago to cancel my account as of right now they are still charging my credit card for a monthly bill of 14.95. I have also been calling every month sence then to cancel and they still have not done it yet to this day.

27th of Oct, 2009

VERY DISHONEST and UNDERHANDED BUSINESS PRACTICE!!!

I'd had the same experience. I called was able to cancel my membership, but they would not refund my money. They instead try to tell how great their service was and convince me to stay.

I hope they experience a class action lawsuit.

• Do
      7th of Nov, 2009
    Free Credit report - being charged

i was $14.95 for a FREE credit report. i had to put in my card information for the report but NEVER agreed to pay for any report.

7th of Nov, 2009

When you entered your card info, you automatically agreed to their terms, even if you change your mind about ordering, they have the info and they WILL charge you, ANYWAY!

Why do these people continually fall for these scams? Are they dumb or what?

These people order this ### without even Google searching their name for complaints.

It's really sad just how STUPID people are these days!

• He
      25th of Nov, 2009
    Free Credit report - Charging my credit card
    Info.FreeCreditReport. InfoFCR.com CA
    Phone: Info.FreeCreditReport. InfoFCR.com CA

They charged my credit card $14.95 for the last three months. When I call them about it they tell me they will refund my money and stop, however they don't.

• Cd
      28th of Nov, 2009

The problem is simple and should be illegal: The only way for you to cancel your membership is to phone them. Not by email, not in person, not by sending them a letter...only by phone. When you call to cancel, they tell you that you will receive an email confirming your cancellation. But if they don't send the email, which they did not in my case and I assume yours too, there is no evidence of your attempt to cancel. Which means they will continue charging until you try and cancel again. I think this qualifies as a scam.

28th of Nov, 2009
    Free Credit report - said it was free
    free credit report.com
    1417 Norman Rd
    Havertown
    Pennsylvania

I did the credit report at least a month ago and now I'm being charged $30.90 for something they said was free.

• Al
      30th of Nov, 2009

I received my bank statement and on there are three charges, I Had cancelled this
    and noted that zI have been charged on several statements $16.28 & $27.16 what are
    these charges all I received one Credit Report in June. What are thses charges?
    I am requesting that this be cancelled as I don't know what I am being charged for.
    Looking for a reply at your earliest. Thank you. What do you call a Free Credit Report Alice Garay

• Me
      28th of Dec, 2009
    Free Credit report - Unauthirized charges to my bank account
    Free Credit Report.com
    College Station
    Texas
    Phone: 979-492-0736

I have never recieved a free credit report from this company or even entered my information to this company, yet I am being charged from my bank account. I never approved ANY transactions for this. II know that I never approved it because, for one I have no money in my account and two I already know that my credit is bad. This casused ny account to overdraw, so how can I get this amount refunded to me and stop the charges?

• Gi
      21st of Jan, 2010
    Free Credit report - Free Credit Report that wasn't!!
    Free Credit Report Irvine
    California

My words mirror the words on the first page of this website! I went to this website to get a FREE CREDIT REPORT! I got anything but! I did receive a report, but I found a $14.95 charge on my credit card statement! I want it remove immediately! This is fraud!

Gina Anson