Fred Loya Insurance / horrible customer service

1 AvePlano, TX, United States Review updated:

To whom it may concern: This email is an attempt to notify someone at Fred Loya Insurance of how your customers were treated by your employees at one of your locations.Something needs to be done about this situation immediately. I have never in my 40 years on earth been in the presence of such poor customer service. As an American, I felt disgusted by the treatment our fellow customers had received by one of your employees.The location is off of Ave. K and West Parker St. in Plano Tx.We had earlier that day called the number provided on the liability card that the fellow customer had in their possession. We spoke to a lady named "Candy" who was very pleasant over the phone. Explained to her that the fellow customers (Mr.&Mrs.S) are purchasing another vehicle adding to the policy and need full coverage insurance. I gave her the VIN, year, make, model of their latest vehicle. She had told me that all she needed was to speak to the customers and have the vehicle brought to a location so that someone can take photos of the van.After speaking with the customers she gave them a reference number. She then said that any location could do it, and Fred Loya was open until 6pm (central time). We arrive at the mentioned above location at 6:04pm and were told by 2 female employees inside thru a locked door that they were closed. We told them we spoke with Candy earlier and all someone needed to do at this point was to look up reference number and take photos. We were again told thru a locked closed door that they were closed. For the next 25 minutes we were given the excuse of their computers are down for the night and there was no way to get them back up. It wouldn't count for that days business. All of this being said thru a locked closed door! Finally after Mrs. S couldn't hear everything the employee was saying. She did open the door and stood in front shutting it behind her. Granted, I cannot speak Spanish. But I did get the impression by body language, gestures and tone your employee spoke down to the Ss'. I kept hearing the fact that they could not do anything tonight and it was out of her hands. Here is a fact that I have not told yet. Another female customer was inside doing her paperwork at the desk in front of the door! If the computers were down for the night why was she inside doing business? Whether or not the computers were actually down or not is at this point irrelevant. The fact is that we were not 10-15 minutes late, we were 4 minutes late! The stoplight in front of your location helped make us that 4 minutes late.Something needs to be done about this situation immediately. I have never in my 40 years on earth been in the presence of such poor customer service. I as an American felt disgusted by the treatment our fellow customers received. They are newly Americanized citizens, immigrants from South America and to have someone who is half their age talk down to them is degrading and insulting.The fellow customers do not know that I am writing to you about this situation. I deal with the public as well. I sell cars for the largest automotive dealer in the U.S. and they are #138 on the Fortune 500 (their ticker symbol is AN). If I did what your employees did to one of my customers, I would be hung out to dry.I will be submitting copies of this email to others in the automotive as well as the insurance business communities. I will also send a copy to the TDI as well. Something needs to be done about this matter immediately.

Sb

Comments

• Ta
      26th of Mar, 2009

I have worked all types of sales retail, wholesale, photography, door to door, at&t, alarm systems and currently insurance. 1, i do agree with you that the customer service provided to said Mr. & Mrs. S is inexcusable. If excrusiatingly bad customer service is one of my biggest pet peeves, that's not something that i'm going to exude to my own customers. So Mr. & Mrs. S did not deserve the treatment they were given. Especially when it's in a language they don't understand which is my secondary pet peeve. Spanish is my first language but this is America. The national language is english and that's the language you need to use if you're going to say anything of any type of nature. In part, i do have to agree with the employees that that the customer's tardiness is inexcusable as well. When you are told "we close at 6" that doesn't mean show up at 6. i've encountered this so much with my customers and when i say i'm closed, i mean i'm closed for the night. that means extra paper work and an extra 2 hours of work that i don't need to do, just because they didn't use common sense. it's not the insurance agents fault that Mr. & Mrs. S didn't listen and came in 30 min or so to be able to finalize their insurance transaction. But it is their fault in the way they handled that situation. Plus, they were finishing a transaction that they probably started about 30 min ago with the other customer you speak of. I'm glad that you simpathized with Mr. & Mrs. S but also try to see it from the two insurance agents perspective, even though they might not deserve it. Natalia.

• Bi
      24th of May, 2010

If you"re late, you're late, no excuses. It's like showing- up for a concert or movie late and expecting them to wait for you to get a refreshment, find a seat, and expecting them to wait to start until you do. If you don't want to pay for the employee's overtime, then get there on time. That is not poor customer service, that is someone expecting too much for too little - very petty complaint if you ask me... RF

• Lu
      2nd of Dec, 2010

S. Baker, excuse me, you are a flipping idiot. What is up with this "...as an American" crap? As an American, you feel entitled to show up whenever you please (even if it's ONE minute late) and expect people to do your bidding? If you pumped $30 worth of gas into your gas tank and only had $26 in your wallet, you would expect them to just let you slide because you were only $4 short and not $10-$15 short? Another thing: are you positive that it would just been a "quick thing?" Do you work for the company? How do you know that it would not have taken 20-30 mins - or over that? You have a sense of entitlement that sickens me - seriously, blaming the stoplight in front of the company?

Perhaps if you are some immigrant's first introduction to our country, perhaps you should set a better example for them and let them know to show up at ANY business within the appropriate time frame. Don't blame a company for your own idiocy.

3rd of Oct, 2012

I use to work there and honestly if you go on a Saturday AFTER 6 of course we don't want to deal wih your ### ###!!! Cuz we don't get paid OVERTIME so f*** off and go elsewhere!!

• Pi
      31st of Aug, 2013

There insurance sucks. I pay full price for full coverage and was informed it didn't have a rental clause for renting cars. I say WTF kind of insurance company are YOU////