TotalProtect Home Warranty Logo

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Having problems with TotalProtect Home Warranty?

TotalProtect Home Warranty Customer Service Contacts

1866 607 9674 (Get a Quote)
+1 800 474 4047 (Customer Service)
+1 800 778 8000 (Corporate Office)
1625 NW 136th Avenue, Suite 200
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
United States - 33323-2842

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TotalProtect Home Warranty Customer Service. Initial TotalProtect Home Warranty complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TotalProtect Home Warranty above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TotalProtect Home Warranty. Discuss the issues you have had with TotalProtect Home Warranty and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

TotalProtect Home Warrantyappliance repairs

I have had to call them 7 times for repairs on my refrigerator. The last time I was told the parts are no longer available for my fridge (over 20 years old). I have to wait 2-3 weeks for Sears A&E appliance repair to notify them if they are able to locate the part or that the parts are no longer available. Yet, Total Protect is not doing anything to replace my refrigerator. I told them my husband is diabetic and we have insulin (which is very expensive) in there and need it working right. Total Protect response: "Well don't put his insulin in there". Like where else am I supposed to put it! How many times before they replace the appliance???

I have had to call them 4 times for dryer repair. My dryer is less than 20 years old. It keeps making very loud noise when running. The repair man happened to have one of the rollers in his truck stating they cannot get those parts anymore. He replaced the one but said the other will be going soon as well.

Total Protect / Cross Country / Homesure of America — warranty, repairs

I contracted with Cross Country Total Protect, PO Box 550607, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33355, a couple of month...

Totalprotect HomeownersThe rep arrived and took the main part of the heater. He didn't come back

I called to the customer services of Totalprotect Homeowners. I told that there were problems with my heater and the rep arrived on the next day. He took the main part and didn’t fix the heater. He didn’t tell me when he wanted to come back. I called them again, but at this time, the rep told me that I would need to wait longer. They didn’t connect me with the rep, who would reply to all my questions. Don’t use their services.

Total Protect Home Service — This company should close its doors

I have been waiting since Jun for a refund check after of course they lost the first reciept wanted to...

TotalProtect Home Warranty — Claim denied wrongfully

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I will be sharing my experiences with multiple websites. I was supposed to get the...

TotalProtectdoes not pay claims

Do not use TotalProtect Home Warranty! My AC broke down and they rejected my claim saying that it was "pre-existing." Oddly, my AC technician, did not agree, and said there is no way to say for certain it was pre-existing and that it could easily be a very recent problem. Becaues of a slight ambiguity, TotalProtect rejected the claim and refused to pay for the repair. It seems to me that they could easily claim "pre-existing" for any number of situations because, I as a consumer, am not able to say 100% that it was not pre-existing. I'm sure they've used this many times before and will use it many times again. As expected, I searched this company online afterwards, and indeed there are many, MANY complaints on this company not paying claims. This is how companies like this make money. They do not make money by paying for your repairs. The more claims they can get out of paying, the more money they make. I immediately concelled my contract after this. I will never pay this company another cent. Do not throw your money away in this company. TotalProtect also goes under the names of Home Warranty Service, and HMS. I'm sure that they have multiple company names so that all the complaints cannot easily be compiled together. Do your research, this company is plagued by huge amounds of bad reviews!

• Wi
          william bowsher Jul 21, 2012

yes we agree and now we learn these clowns are feeding the animals local home owners have reported them to the FWC as they have witnessed them feeding racoons with dead fish they hide on the boats, all this after captain dougs bad press for feeding aligators and having his hand bitten off..what does it take to get these hillbillies to obey the law?

• Wi
          william bowsher May 16, 2012

stay away from american airboat tours goodland fl your credit card will be double charged and they will pretend it was an accident it will take weeks and many phone call to get your refund..and quite frankly the tour is BORING and you will see nothing but seagulls and water and the only wildlife you will see it the dumbo trying to drive the boat, check on line this so called company has many many negative complaints.

Total Protect Gold Home Warranty — AC replacement

I recently filed my first claim with Total Protect. My A/C unit stopped working in the middle of July in...

Total Protect Home Service Planincompetent services

It is now June 17th, I have been trying to get my central air conditioning repaired since May 2nd. The Heatint & Air Conditioning Service Total Protect uses, is not only incompetent they are also dishonest. I have called Total Protect several times to complain, and there response was they can only go by what the US Heating & Air tells them. We have been without air conditioning in 96 to 100 degree weather for over a month now. We have had to purchase window units for the bedrooms so we can sleep at nights. Three units at $150. each, the technitions at US Heating & Air do not have tools, and are clueless about simple repairs.I went online and was able to find the cause and solution for our air conditioning problem. Total Protect & US Heating & Air have no interest in solving the problem.

• De
            Debbie Reitz Jun 19, 2016

THIS IS A SCAM. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. I have been a member of Total Protect for approximately 2 years and haven't needed their services until 6/14/16. My refrigerator is leaking from the bottom and I called to get it repaired. My first call was easy enough. I was given a name and phone number of an appliance repair service in my general area. (1 hour away). After 3 calls I finally got in touch with the company. 2 days later a repair person arrived 1-1/2 hours late and 2 phone calls later. He looked at the problem and said it was a maintenance issue, and that Total Protect will not authorize him to fix it. He would though fix it for me for $180.00, but not today. Too late in the day. and he needed 2 hours. I called Total Protection and got nothing but a run around. I have had an easier time of getting a medical insurance problem resolved. I am going to cancel my warranty plan tell anybody who is looking for this kind of insurance to forget it. You are just wasting your money.

Totalprotect Gold Home Service Plan — Took money out of my account without my permission

Total protect gold is a good product very well mannered and came when i needed them and fix my dishwasher and...

Total Protectlack of Service

on 5/1/10 we called Total Protect to file a claim that our upstairs air conditioner wasnt working, not cooling any longer. they sent out a team to work on it, it worked for about an hour. we called back and to let them know, about 2 weeks later a crew came out and worked on it, it worked for about an hour, this was 5-17-10. It was decided that the compressor was out and a new one needed to be ordered. it is now july 6th, 2010, we still have now air. Two supervisor from total protect were supposed to call and let me know the status of the part that they've ordered now three times. No one has called yet. when I called back today 7/6/10 to find out why the supervison who was to call me the evening of 6/30/10 never did, he said he would find out what is going on and call me back today, he hasnt called me back. i know complaining here wont help my situation any, but maybe it will help some one looking for a home warrenty company not make the same mistake we have.

• Ni
              Nichele Nov 26, 2014

I have had a similar experience with them. My heat went out over 2 weeks ago and after getting the runaround and not receiving a phone call from them regarding the claim status I had to call them on a daily basis and got put on hold and transferred and then told the claim was denied due to something that did not have to do with the claim at all. Same thing won't let me to cancel the contract saying that they paid out more in claims then I paid how is that when my claim was denied?

• Up
              upsetinLA Jul 10, 2012

worst home warranty company EVER!!!...unprofessional, and uncooperative, and down right ignorant...have been a customer for 11 years, finally call in a claim for a a/c unit, and claim denied, due to NOt normal wear and tear...unbelievelable, not to mention we had to wait almost a week to get it replaced, then called to speak to a supervisor, they said they would call back within 24 hours...well that was a week ago...so mad!!...to top it off i have been trying to cancel membership for over a week and have been placed on hold for more than 0 min each time, so i hang up...now they have debited my account for this months payment...finally got thru...and they said they cant refund me because i have been covered up till now...eeekkkk!!!...asked for a supervisor...oh they will call you back within 24 hours...yeah right...well live and learn...

Total Protectservice to a/c

its has been over 8 weeks since I started the claim to fix my a/c unit . They never call me to let me know what is going on. I just called again 05/25/2010 to find out that the equipment they ordered is no longer
            availible. but they were working on getting it replaced. I just finished reading 12 complaints from other home owners with simular problems with this company. How can a company like this one stay be alowed to rip off so many people and not get shut down ??? tell everyone, post it everywhere DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY HOMESURE OF AMERICA, INC / TOTAL PROTECT HOME SERVICE PLAN...

Total Protect Home Service — denied claim & poor customer service

Filed claim for three appliances in the same category as instructed by customer service represenative at one...

Total ProtectA great company

This company has come through for me time and time again. Well worth the $37.95 a month payment. I was delighted that they paid me $325.00 for a 14 year old Amana washing machine that cost $1, 400 new. They offered a new $500.00 washer, but I took the $325 and bought a front load top of the line Kenmore washer/dryer...$2, 500 on sale for $1, 595...less the $325 from home protect cost me $1, 270. What a deal. My 20 year old hot water boiler heating system has failed three times and Total Protect paid for repairs each time...total of $1, 600. Three days ago the exhaust motor on this system boiler went out which burned out the ignitor switch to the gas burner. Total repair cost will be around $1, 200. Thank you TOTAL PROTECT. I wrote this because unrealistic bashing should not be made against this fine company.

• Dw
                  DWJW Dec 19, 2010

Total Protect eases your mind. All of my appliances are protected. I have the total protection of every thing I could get. My water heater started leaking just before Christmas a few years ago and they came out and replaced it with the same size, brand new. I have a very large tank. All it cost me was the $60.00 service charge. I love this company. I even convinced my stepson he needed it. Now I am going to try to convince my daughter. Oh, and by the way, I do not work for them!

• Po
                  Pokey42 Jul 29, 2010

It is a great compnay. I have had three claims with them and each one was handled without any issues. Would recommend this company to anyone, and I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.

• Un
                  Unhappy Consumer-2010 Jul 06, 2010

probably because he works there

• Un
                  Unhappy Consumer-2010 Jul 06, 2010

probably because this person works there

TotalProtect Home Services PlanTotalProtect Home Services Plan Delayed Reimbursement

I have submitted my reimbursement bill on 10/06/2008 and was informed on November 9, 2008 that a check was mailed to me on 10/31/08. As of this day 11/14/2008 I have not received that check. A normal mail in USA is delivered in 3-5 days.

• El
                    Elaine Nov 29, 2008

I had an excellent experience. Problem with the toilet, called and established that the problem was in the unit itself. My appointment was prompt, they sent a very nice guy, and the toilet was fixed. A neighbor had a similar experience.