Fox TV / the cool kids

5 Saint Louis, MO, United States Review updated:

I recently saw a clip for a new series called The cool kids. I think it is very insensitive the line that they use when being pulled over by the police. The line was " just act like we have Alzheimer's ". I personally do not think that is funny and I am sure several of your viewers who have a love one with this disease will not find it funny either. This is such a devastating disease that it affects friends and families. My husband was diagnosed three years ago and is slowly losing his memories, had to bathe himself, to shave, and most of his family. Thank God he still knows me. I don't know if you are aware of it or not but one out of three people Will be diagnosed with Alzheimer's. And you probably don't know that there is still no cure for this disease.

Jp
Jul 13, 2018

Comments

• Go
      23rd of Sep, 2018

You are absolutely right. Debilitating illnesses including cancer, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, diabetes, stroke, heart disease, the blind, and so many more when joked about objectify the individuals afflicted with these horrible illnesses. People who find humor in these jokes, in a warped way feel reassured that it's someone else's problem and will never happen to them or a loved one. However, these diseases are so rampant that just about everyone knows someone afflicted. As you mentioned, Alzheimer's has no cure. For every article that I read stating here's how you can protect yourself from Alzheimer's, there is some person you can easily find that did all those things and still got the disease. It is shameful in 2018 that Fox and the writers of The Cool Kids feel it is acceptable to make fun of chronically ill people. It's not cool at all. I will not watch the program and will not support its sponsors.