Forest River / customer service

1 United States

I purchased our Cedar Creek Hathaway in October 2017 from RV World of Virginia. As soon as I got the camper parked and set up, I did not have any hot water...the heater was defective. They came and replaced the hot water heater after a long discussion with them and the job they did was very sloppy. The silicone on the heater looks like a 5 year old did the job. That was my first bad experience with a Forest River dealer.

I have had the need to request my warranty be extended since we are at a point where we cannot take the camper into a service center, and was granted a 30 day extension through November 2018. I have given the list of items which need addressing when I take it in for service to Shawn Short, which I was told would be honored. However, the extension is not long enough as the service center cannot get to the unit until December. I was advised to have the service center contact the warranty department and speak with them directly, but the service center feels this is not their responsibility and will not contact them. I, the CUSTOMER who purchased a very expensive camper, do not have the right to talk to the warranty division, which is absurd. I have been going around about this issue for several months and I would deeply appreciate someone contact me to explain why I have to lose my extended warranty because you cannot give me time to get the camper into the service center.

Debra Bost