Fitness Blowout.com / deceptive advertising

Fitness Warehouse
2210 South Sepulveda Blvd
Los Angeles
Phone: (800) 348-4537
Beware!!! Guarantee?? Jim rosen has trained his staff in a slick deceptive sales pitch. Then uses a 5 page "policy" that creates the vehicle for his company to take your money on day one with no accountability for bad service, no service, faulty merchandise or forget... Change your mind. Delivery? Damaged merchandise? Wrong merchandise? Money back forget it!!! He will wear you down with double talk and no remedy... He relies on your being too busy to read the policy and later too weary to jump the considerable hurdles he manages to place in the path of recovering your money.
Here is a sample from the better business bureau complaints on this company. Check out the rest...

Complaint description - posted 8/4/2006
Summary - they sold me defected treadmill for 1537 us$ and are not giving me full refund as promised. I have been trying to return it for a year.

Initial complaint
They sold me a model other than the one I ordered (I ordered keys 8800 they sent me cardiozone club max hrt) and it was bad equipment it did not work. I ordered it on 7/31/05, the day I recieved it on 8/10/05 and assembled it on 8/13/05 it was in non working condition. They promised me full refund without any questions asked. And they did not keep their promise. I have correspondence to prove it.

Resolution sought
I would like a refund.

Additional information

Date problem first occurred: 8/13/2005
Product or service: extremely poor. Ive spent several fruitless hour on phone with them.
Model name or number: cardiozone max hrt
Date purchased: 7/31/2005
Order number: 30897
Amount in dispute: $1, 800.00

Company's response
Initial response - posted 8/15/2006
Summary - cusotmer is past her "free in home trial" as allowed on our website for a full refund. A replacemnet unit ican be sent for her order. No refunds are allowed at this time.

Customer orderd a unit over a year ago. She requested service several months after her purchase was delviered. There are no notations of service requests of her machine from the manufacturer as they are by contract designated to service. She was provided documentation (Manual) for any service requests and returns. It is noted that on january 13, 2006 she requested a confirmation for a refund, however that was past the promotional time allowed for her refund. We are willing and able to replace her machine if it is not working properly as it is published on our website. No refunds are allowed at this time as this order is over a year old.

Consumer's rebuttal
Rebuttal - posted 9/20/2006

Consumer is not satisfied with company's response. She states the treadmill was not in working condition. When she said she wanted to return it she was told that she had to get it fixed and till she does that and tries it for few weeks, she is not eligible for return because it was against company policy. And that her 30 day money back guarantee period would not start till she tried it for a few weeks after the treadmill was fixed. So she put all efforts in getting the treadmill fixed. Which she had called you multiple times but to no avail. So therefore, she was advised by the arizona's attorney general to take your company to small claims court if you did not reimburse her monies.

Company's final response
Final response - posted 9/21/2006

The complainant is responsible for the shipping costs involved in her order this is clearly published on our webiste and on her invoice. Even if she called during her free trial period of the first 30 days she is still responsible for the shipping costs. This is to only be aplied to her treadmill and no other equipment. She has been sent a return authorization form, once completed item will be retrieved and she will be properly refunded.

A  13th of Nov, 2009 by
I completely agree with the lack of promise this site tries to convey. There is NO GUARANTEE with any of their products or services. Of course when you call they are quick to refer you to the policies because they've been doing it for years, taking your money and showing you the "policy" that states they can.

I'd usually say, read the policy before you buy but in this case I just say DON'T BUY FROM FITNESSBLOWOUT.COM!

Here is an excerpt from their policies page:
Our Guarantee

If you don't feel it is the VERY BEST fitness equipment you have ever experienced in your entire life, including the most expensive equipment in the Health Clubs selling for up to $6, 000 per machine, or if you don't feel you received the most incredible bargain on your new equipment, or most importantly, if you do not stand in front of the mirror or step on the scale and see dramatic improvements in the way that you look and feel, then please call us toll free on our 1-800-FIT-4-LESS hotline and we will be happy to issue a 100% refund of the purchase price of equipment and UNLIKE any other company in the entire fitness industry, THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO RESTOCKING FEES WHATSOEVER. That's how confident we are in the quality of our Fitness Equipment and that it will exceed your expectations.

All of our quality fitness products have been discounted to guarantee you the lowest price in the entire country.

If you find a lower advertised price for the identical product and package within one year from the date of purchase, we will beat it. Closeout or discontinued products do not qualify for this offer. Customer must submit price guarantee request in writing via e-mail or US mail including the web link and contact info of authorized reseller. Item(s) must be identical products and/or packages.

Returns and Refunds

To return a product that qualifies for our 60 day trial offer, customer should call service department and receive a RA # before shipping unit back. To qualify for our "trial offer, " customer must try unit for a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 60 days to qualify for return. Product must be in perfect working "like new" condition and shipped back in its original shipping carton and packing materials or it will not be accepted. Customer is responsible for making the return shipping arrangements and must cover the cost of shipping both ways and insurance. We can not accept any returns that have not been assigned a RA # prior to shipment. Upon satisfactory completion of these terms, we will issue a refund of the purchase price, less the actual cost of original shipping, within approximately 10-14 business days.

We process most orders to ship immediately within 10 minutes of ordering. Since it is costly to reverse our expeditious shipping process, customer is required to receive product to qualify for a refund of the purchase price of the product under our generous in-home "trial offer." The return policy is designed to enable customers to try our products with the understanding that it can be returned for a refund of the purchase price if the product doesn’t meet or exceed their expectations. Refusal of shipments will cause the customer to be responsible for the greater of shipping to and from their location or a 20% cancellation fee if order is not canceled during business hours of the same business day (Pacific Standard Time) that the order was placed.

For all returns to qualify for our generous return policies, customer must call during normal business hours within 60 days of receiving product for a return authorization form, prior to returning any merchandise. If a return request is submitted and the product happens to require service, all products must be serviced under factory warranty at no charge to the customer prior to return. Customer must obtain return authorization prior to returning unit. Customer must contact customer service to obtain a return authorization form, sign the form and return signed form to customer service to obtain return authorization approval. If a unit is returned without a return authorization number it will not be accepted.

For all customers within a 150 mile radius, we cordially invite you to visit us at our Warehouse Complex to view our Award Winning products. Any product that is ordered by a customer residing within a 150 mile radius of our Showroom Complex shall be entitled to take advantage of our 6 month satisfaction guarantee to exchange or trade for any other product of equivalent value and receive a 100% trade credit of their original purchase. If a more costly product is desired, customer is responsible for the additional costs of such exchange.

Refunds are not available to customers living within a 150 mile radius of our Warehouse-Direct Showroom Complex. Customer by virtue of ordering from us must understand the aforementioned policies. These policies have been deemed extremely fair and reasonable and have been submitted to Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Optima for their approval and acceptance.

A  25th of Jul, 2010 by
Fitness blowout is a shady business. I would definetly advise anyone to read the better business bureau complains and the attorney general of California complaints before you even consider buying here. Ironically is you do your research you will have nothing to do with this firm. Buy from them at your own risk. I can assure you, you will regret your decision if your purchased from them...

A  20th of Nov, 2010 by
I bought a treadmill from this company. I was suppose to receive a shipment tracking number within a couple of days according to Nico Taylor, but nothing came. I called customer service and todate have received nothing. I filed a complaint with the BBB of L.A. and plan on filing with the states attorney general. The one holding card is I also plan on filing a class action lawsuit against this company and from the complaints I have read, I doubt I will have a lot of trouble finding dissatisfied customers. Beware of the rip off company, they are crooks from the start.
A  20th of Nov, 2010 by
This company FitnessBlowOut, is not reputable. I purchased a treadmill from this company, with a statement from their salesman, Nico Taylor, that in a few days I would receive a tracking number and the treadmill within 15 business days of the date of order. I have not received a tracking number as of today 11/20/10. I was told on November 17th, 2010 that I would receive an email with details of shipping and a tracking number, nothing so far, not even a call. To date I have filed with my Credit Card company and plan on filing with the Attorney General for the State of California. I would bet that if I were to start a class action lawsuit, there would be many participants, we will see if I have to go that far.
A  18th of Apr, 2014 by
I have had nothing but problems with FitnessBlowout since i bought a treadmill from them in 2013 fitnessblowout sent me a piece of junk. if anyone is filing a class action lawsuit you can reac me at jerry jacks at 740-367-7574

Fitness Blowout Logo Fitness Blowout