Having problems with Fitness Blowout?

10780 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 320

Cateye
+1 (800) 872 1105
Diamondback
+1 (800) 222 5527
First Degree (Fluid Rowers)
+1 (662) 767 9550; ext 205
Star Trac
+1 (800) 503 1221

Complaints & Reviews

buyer beware

If you are thinking of buying something from this website - beware - do your homework. Make sure you read the...

never fixed $3750 product per warranty

If I were you I would not order from this site. From my experience the fitness blow out site is misleading and so are the sales people - watch out!

I ordered a $3750 precor crosstrainer elliptical from fitnessblowout.com in jan. Brad keys told me the "certified remanufactured" precor 576i would be just like new - "all parts inside the motor are replaced with precor only parts" he told me they had 3 left on the floor so order quick. So I paid in full cash almost $4k. Weeks later I still did not have machine. After calling in several times I learned they don't stock machines so there were no 4 left. Brad then told me the machine was coming straight from precor. And he promised it would be a 2010 model. I thought great! At least they will ensure its working great as they build them.

Couple weeks later the wrong machine was sent. They sent some old piece of crap 7 or 8 year old precor. And it was badily damaged from long use (I have pictures to prove). I refused delivery. Then the nightmare really started. All the way to jim the president. And he acted like they were doing me a "favor" to "absorb" costs shipping back. What? It wasn't my fault it was the wrong machine and even worse in terrible shape! It took weeks for them to send the precor I ordered...

When I finally got my almost 4 thousand dollar precor the heart rate monitor did not work. When I called in they actually tried to tell me its due to my wireless network. Do you believe that bs. Also in my opinion the resistence wasn't good compared to the exact one I use at the gym. After lots of fighting as they wanted me to take apart machine, etc. They sent a guy out that didn't know how to pronoun "precor" and admitted he had never worked on my model and needed to go home and study the specs download. Fine he still said hr monitor did not work.

No since I need a new hr monitor card the customer service director martin is saying I have to send in card first then wait for his remanufacturer to send it back to me even though their warranty says a part will be sent to you and then you send back. There entire mantra now is "the remanufacturer calls the shots as we are a middle man - we are not responsiable for customer service as they..." blah blah blah. They act like there did not sell it to me now someone else did. Which is redicilous. I bought it from their site through their sales. I was lied to from the beginning about how the machine was remanufactured (By the way they changed wording on site next to precor 5761 to refrbished now - but I have screenshot when I bought it). They lied were machine was shipped from. They sent wrong machine first. They still have not sent new part to fix a nearly 4 thousand dollar machine I have here that doesn't work correctly. You have to have hr monitoring to stay in zone and make sure hr doesn't get to dangerous levels. And some of the programs on the machine that change resistence and incline automatically per hr results do not work at all. So the machine I have from fitnessblowout.com is worth I guess 50% of what I paid for it - maybe.

There bbb rating is a b. Not an a like the site said.

In my opinion I would go somewhere else to buy your exercise equipment.

My issue went all the way to the president and still did not get fixed per warranty. And they try to say I signed something saying it was a special purchase... And that is why they don't have to live up to warranty that was written right next to product I bought?!?! Talking out both sides of their mouth. I signed nothing saying it was a special order and warranty doesn't apply. I never actually signed anything. So what the hell are they talking about. They act like its someone else's problem and they cannot fix it - like they don't have the power to make things right.

I will upload pictures later.

Stay far away. I might have just saved you thousands and months of complaining on the phone to make things right based on their own promises — all based on sharing my personal dealing with fitnessblowout.com

• Ca
    CADraDO17 Apr 21, 2012

I came across your complaint as I was searching the internet for information about the malfunctioning heart rate monitor on the Precor 576i that I recently purchased from fitnessblowout.com. I was surprised to read about your experience with fitnessblowout.com as it is so similar to my own. I purchased a Precor 576i and was told it was one of the last one's the company had at their warehouse so the salesman told me that the Precor would likely be delivered within 10 days to three weeks at the latest. Four weeks after making our purchase, we still had not received the Precor 576i that we had ordered and only after calling fitnessblowout.com multiple times over a week did the company respond to our inquiries. The salesman informed us that our machine would be delivered the next week, however the day before it was to be delivered he called to cancel as the machine that was being sent to us was the wrong model. After further delay and apparent miscommunication within the company, we finally received our Precor 576i two days ago. The unit was delivered out of the back of a pick-up (seemingly insecure), the mat that came with the unit was the wrong size so the unit doesn't fit onto the mat, the unit was dirty, but the most frustrating problems were with the unit itself. Upon the first use of the machine, I quickly realized there were serious problems with it: firstly, the Heart Rate Monitor does not work, the Heart Rate Program on the machine also is not available, upon using the machine at a medium pace the machine makes an odd whirring noise that I've never before heard when using a Precor previously, and lastly the machine's casing around the fly wheel intermittently moves and makes loud creaking noises.

After reading about your experience with this company I am now very nervous about whether or not the company will make right the problems I've had with my machine. I'll update after I inform the company of the problems with my machine. Hopefully, my experience won't mirror yours; I am very sorry for your misfortune with this company.

keep away!!!

These people are crooks, thieves, con artists!!! Orderd a treadmill 3 1/2 months ago. Have not received anything yet and my credit card was charged. Refuse to issue a refund. One lie after another. Run!!! Do not buy anything from these people. You will regret it!!!

• Pl
    Play hard ball May 25, 2011

I too was taken in by Steve Barzilai with Fitness Blowout .com on 4-6-2011, he was very helpful through the ordering process. I financed the $4000.00 dollar elptical through their credit card for O% interest for 6 months. I was told at the time of purchase that I would receive my eliptical in 28 days. I realized I had made an impulse purchase and regret it. I called back with in 48 hours and asked to have the order canceled, Steve told me I had to pay the same fees as you hear everyone else talk about, I realized that I was careless and should have done my homework before I called them. So I agreed to go through with the purchase. After the initial 28 days I still had no e-mails regarding delivery so I called and spoke with Jeffery, who said it was actually 28 business days. After 28 business days, and still no e-mail I called again and spoke with Martin, he said jeff was no longer with the company (some young man has a conscience) and promised me the same thing, that I would get a copy of my agreement and an e-mail regarding delivery. I have not yet heard from anyone regarding my eliptical and it is 5-24-2011. Today I took things into my own hands, I emailed Steve Barzilai and told him to not bother sending the eliptical I no longer want anything to do with this company. I let Steve know we will not except it and because I financed through their credit card, They will not get another penny out of me. ( I made one minimum payment of $140.00) I planed on just making the minimum payment until it arrived and if everything checked out I was going to pay it off in full. I feel so bad for all the people who have been taken by this company.
    I hope Mr. Big Jim Rosen is enjoying himself now because in a few years he might be roommates with Bernie Madoff.

scam

When I ordered my treadmill my credit card was charged the day I placed my order. It has now been nearly four weeks since I ordered my treadmill and after many calls and emails the company still does not know where it is. My calls and my emails go unanswered. Only when I said I was canceling my order did I get an email reply. I was told they were sorry but if I refused shipment when it did arrive I would be charged a 20% restocking fee and the freight charges. There is no where on their website where I can leave public feedback.. I will never do business with this company again.

• Mf
    m fritz Jul 29, 2012

i seem to have had the same problem only its been 2 1/2 MONTHS!!! i was finally told the order could be cancelled because they couldn't find the proper part to refurbish the elliptical I ordered. Today however, I received an email it was on its way to me after I was allowed to cancel it WTF????

• Ba
    bananagirl Dec 30, 2012

This company is the devil the same thing happened to me they made me wait a long time and then UPS told me that they don't have a truck that will fit on my street and that I needed to get a truck and meet them which didn't make any sense as I paid hundreds of dollars. I have tried to contact fitness and let them know I want to cancel and they kept telling me that I am going to be charged the restocking fee and shipping. I told them I don't care as long as I don't have to pay them 1500dollars; they refused to give me a refund so now I am having to dispute the charge with credit card. It is impossible to reach anyone live except for when they are going to take your money. They need to be put out of business!!!

• Ta
    T.Aliln Jul 01, 2013

This is the worst I have ever seen. After waiting four plus weeks for the treadmill delivery, they sent a hundred pound man approximately seventy years old to deliver a two hundred eighty pound treadmill. I took the day off work for the delivery. He asked if I had anybody that can help him carry it. Of course I didn't so he took off with the treadmill. Im steaming mad.

• Ao
    Aoifa234 Dec 09, 2014

I'm reading same complaints I wrote to BBB about scam fitness blowout, once they charged my card with $3, 000., they won't answer your questions where was your order goes even after 2 months, they will tell you they answered callers who are ordering only ( which they will scam them again). DO NOT ORDER From them. Got my money back, my credit card disputed it.

• Do
    doctor parrot head Feb 24, 2017

I too have been scammed for 1300$. I ordered a Boflex maxtrainer but this was "lost in transit". When I finally reached someone I was told they would ship out another, better machine but strangely that was "lost in transit. Either these people are very incompetent or they are lying out their ####. I am going with the 2nd choice. Six weeks ago I talked with "Heather" in accounting who told me I would be sent my refund but I had assure them I had not disputed the charge through my bank. I was threatened that if I did they would report me to the credit bureaus. For what I don't know but if they do I will sue them. Monday I am meeting with an attorney to see what my options are & now that I know there are so many people that have had their money stolen by this company I am going to ask about a class action suit.

• Mi
    Mike Momb Mar 16, 2017

I ordered a Boston Marathon 4.0 treadmill February 6 for $2795 and was told I would get tracking information in 14-21 business days. On business day 22, still no tracking info, so I called and was told I would get info as soon as it shipped. Called today - was told it was going to be shipped and should arrive next week. Got a call a few hours later and was told the shipping company damaged my treadmill and it was the only one they had! Supposedly they will credit my card.

never recievied equipment order

all the complants others have posted are totally true i placed an order for an fm seated ab cruncher over 3 weeks ago called several times to customer service told me they would get back to me on the tracking and never did fed up i then called to cancel and they said they would charge me a restocking fee haha restock something i never recieved? poor service the president of the company should b fired the company required to shut down im a military vet and it saddens me to think i served my country so places like this could rip people off what a shame im currently talking to my lawyer to see what steps can b taken to prevent this from happening to another honest hard worken customer from a con artist

terrible, terrible, terrible

I placed my order with Michael on Dec. 29th. The ordering process went smoothly. I was told to expect delivery in 3 weeks. I called 3 weeks later and was told the item was actually on back order from the manufacturer. I wished to cancel my order, and Michael said he'd take care of it. I get a call back stating they would offer an additional $100 off if I would keep the order and wait 3-4 more weeks. I refused and asked for the order to be canceled.

I then received a a series of emails stating my order was now being handled by Augustine, Joanne, Sandy, Nick. After 3-4 days of receiving all these emails, I still had no order cancellation number. I emailed and called again. This time I received an email both from Joanne and Michael that my order has been canceled.

After 7 days I contact the credit card and the charges are still not reversed. I send an email to Michael, Joanne again. This time I receive an email from Steve (Manage) asking Joanne "to process the order ASAP with full refund." 2.5 weeks later and there is still no refund issued.

I have now disputed the charges with the credit card company, and purchased the equipment locally. Stay away from this company, while they appear to be attentive to resolve your issues. It is a bunch of smoke and mirrors to give the customer the run around.

• Ca
    Carol Marino Jul 27, 2007

Purchased a recumbent bike and a deluxe upgrade warranty. Several requests failed to secure a copy of the latter. They have a very detailed return policy (make sure to read the fine print carefully. Their delivery policy is also very detailed — inspect, sign for, etc. I was supposed to be notified by e-mail as to the delivery date. That did not happen and they left a $600.00 piece of equipment on my front porch. The box is filled with holes. No one signed for it since no one was home. I requested that they pick it up and they told me I would be charged delivery and pickup charges to the tune of $180.00, which I refused. This is a shyster operation and the customer is never right. Waiting on hold for customer support results in talking to an arrogant, unresponsive person. Don't buy anything at this store. They are totally unreliable and are out to cheat the public.

• Da
    David Howdy May 15, 2008

Do NOT buy a product from this company. Sales practices are very deceptive, service after the sale is nearly impossible. The attitude of the service people was very negative. I purchaced a brand new recumbant bike. Parts were defective and the service dept. would not help me at all. No one would return my phone calls. I now have a new bike that doesn't work. Return policy is a joke!!!

• Un
    Unhappy customer Aug 11, 2008

Fitness Club Warhouse is NOT to be trusted. We purchased an elliptical that broke within a week of purchase. This was a $2, 2oo piece of equipment. Customer service is non existant. We have fought tooth & nail to get this machine repaired and after three times - the problem is still there. We are fighting to get a full refund and will take them to court if we need to. Please do not do business with this company - they are crooks and have ZERO customer service.

• Ok
    okelleys Apr 25, 2011

I ordered a $3750 precor crosstrainer elliptical from fitnessblowout.com in jan. Brad keys told me the "certified remanufactured" precor 576i would be just like new - "all parts inside the motor are replaced with precor only parts" he told me they had 3 left on the floor so order quick. So I paid in full cash almost $4k. Weeks later I still did not have machine. After calling in several times I learned they don't stock machines so there were no 4 left. Brad then told me the machine was coming straight from precor. And he promised it would be a 2017 model. I thought great! At least they will ensure its working great as they build them.

There bbb rating is a b. Not an a like the site said.

In my opinion I would go somewhere else to buy your exercise equipment.

I will upload pictures later. Below are the pictures of the first piece of crap machine they sent and I refused delivery. It was the wrong model and beat up to hell.

• Re
    Reviewer27720 Dec 10, 2015

Investagate jim rosen /fitnessblowout.com multiple internet complaints (see /link removed/ 1) ordered a stairmaster 4400pt, received a 4600pt, 4600 pt returned, then recieved a 4400cl (not pt). I want a full refund and they will not give it. I am just writing you a short email because to much of my time has been wasted already; but I feel I the need to voice my concern to you. I ordered a stairmaster 4400pt from you company on sept 30th 2017. 21 days later I recieved the wrong product. at first you distributor was trying to make me keep the wrong product until I put my foot down; but for the next 28th days I had to wait again for my product to arrive (which I was told this 2nd time would be a rush order); during this time I was never given a straight story. finally, my product arrived and the order was wrong again; the wrong product was sent for a second time. again, your people tried to get me to keep it. it was not until I became indignant that I began to recieve help from your customer service people (it took me 8 hours to get help on this day from your people!). now, I am told you guys will get it right but I must wait up to 45 days for my product. at this point I just want a refund. I have contacted my credit card to help me handel this dispute. the product was a stairmaster 4400pt cost $1895.00. but they have sent the wrong product twice. I believe they are trying to make it over 90 days so I can not not get a credit card refund. if the product was in stock why do I keep getting the wrong product. now they say they do not know if it is in stock but they will get it to me. all I want now is a refund. this company and owner are is all over [redacted] worked with company recieved a $200.00 credit and decided to keep the wrong product because they said that they would drag my complaint out at least six months. 3) began to use product and parts were found under the machine after the first use; contacted company again for full refund but they will not give it to me. I am trying to get a full refund. all they do is hang up on me. now, they claim they want the equipment 1st so once they get it they can hit me with multiple fees for returning it. this company needs to be put out of business.

scam

Scam scam scam. Placed order with this web site - was told would recieve shipping info and details in email, only recieved an email that they billed my debit/credit card the same day, they recieved payment same day - waited 3 days called about shipping info, they told me would be in my email end of business day-didnt happen - waited 2 more days called again - same responce info would be sent to me in email end of day — didnt happen. Called 2 days later same responce and added I wouldnt get any details until there shipping day - the person on phone didnt know there shipping day though... (Sounds fishy). Waited another 7 days — still no responce or email. I figured out there scam - there waiting for me to cancel the order so they can charge me restocking charge of 20% on my order they would receive 80$... Hmm beware

• So
    Southerngal Mar 18, 2010

I thought my awful experience with this company was just a fluke, but obviously it is the norm. I would not advise ANYONE to make a purchase from them. "Nick" was supposed to have been "let go" because of the mishandling of my (and others, I'm sure) order, but I doubt that it really happened since he was so good at what he did. I bought a recumbent bike for a Christmas present that I finally got the last of Jan. The knob to adjust the pressure on the pedals never worked, the lights on the info panel stopped working soon after I got it and now one of the pedals has fallen off. I haven't called them to use my "Lifetime Guarantee" because I have absolutely no faith that they will honor it. However, I have decided to call this week. I will keep you posted on how that goes!

horrible return policy

Paid for treadmill at the store and decided after 3 hours to cancel order, i was told that i could not cancel but could take a $1400 credit for store, bearing in mind it had not even been 24 hours and they had not even placed the shipment order, their policy states they will refund deposit within 24hours so why would they do this and not refund the full amount you had paid.I really wish i had read this complaint board before making purchase i have never in all my years of buying products come across such bad customer service and appalling return policy.I was told this policy was posted in store behind the counter no doubt in very small print, when i asked the sales rep Jerod Lutz about returns he told me refund after 24 hours never mentioned anything about it only being if you made a deposit and nothing about if you paid the entire amount.
I am truly disgusted with this business actually shouldnt be called that its a scam operation, buyers please beware make sure you read the fine print on their website.I have filed complaint with the better business bureau and also have spoken to my credit card company and will be filing dispute with them also, and all for a product i dont even have yet

deceptive advertising

Beware!!! Guarantee?? Jim rosen has trained his staff in a slick deceptive sales pitch. Then uses a 5 page "policy" that creates the vehicle for his company to take your money on day one with no accountability for bad service, no service, faulty merchandise or forget... Change your mind. Delivery? Damaged merchandise? Wrong merchandise? Money back forget it!!! He will wear you down with double talk and no remedy... He relies on your being too busy to read the policy and later too weary to jump the considerable hurdles he manages to place in the path of recovering your money.
Here is a sample from the better business bureau complaints on this company. Check out the rest...

Complaint
Complaint description - posted 8/4/2006
Summary - they sold me defected treadmill for 1537 us$ and are not giving me full refund as promised. I have been trying to return it for a year.

Initial complaint
They sold me a model other than the one I ordered (I ordered keys 8800 they sent me cardiozone club max hrt) and it was bad equipment it did not work. I ordered it on 7/31/05, the day I recieved it on 8/10/05 and assembled it on 8/13/05 it was in non working condition. They promised me full refund without any questions asked. And they did not keep their promise. I have correspondence to prove it.

Resolution sought
I would like a refund.

Additional information

Date problem first occurred: 8/13/2005
Product or service: extremely poor. Ive spent several fruitless hour on phone with them.
Model name or number: cardiozone max hrt
Date purchased: 7/31/2005
Order number: 30897
Amount in dispute: $1, 800.00

Company's response
Initial response - posted 8/15/2006
Summary - cusotmer is past her "free in home trial" as allowed on our website for a full refund. A replacemnet unit ican be sent for her order. No refunds are allowed at this time.

Response
Customer orderd a unit over a year ago. She requested service several months after her purchase was delviered. There are no notations of service requests of her machine from the manufacturer as they are by contract designated to service. She was provided documentation (Manual) for any service requests and returns. It is noted that on january 13, 2006 she requested a confirmation for a refund, however that was past the promotional time allowed for her refund. We are willing and able to replace her machine if it is not working properly as it is published on our website. No refunds are allowed at this time as this order is over a year old.

Consumer's rebuttal
Rebuttal - posted 9/20/2006

Consumer is not satisfied with company's response. She states the treadmill was not in working condition. When she said she wanted to return it she was told that she had to get it fixed and till she does that and tries it for few weeks, she is not eligible for return because it was against company policy. And that her 30 day money back guarantee period would not start till she tried it for a few weeks after the treadmill was fixed. So she put all efforts in getting the treadmill fixed. Which she had called you multiple times but to no avail. So therefore, she was advised by the arizona's attorney general to take your company to small claims court if you did not reimburse her monies.

Company's final response
Final response - posted 9/21/2006

The complainant is responsible for the shipping costs involved in her order this is clearly published on our webiste and on her invoice. Even if she called during her free trial period of the first 30 days she is still responsible for the shipping costs. This is to only be aplied to her treadmill and no other equipment. She has been sent a return authorization form, once completed item will be retrieved and she will be properly refunded.

• Tt
    TTN Nov 13, 2009

I completely agree with the lack of promise this site tries to convey. There is NO GUARANTEE with any of their products or services. Of course when you call they are quick to refer you to the policies because they've been doing it for years, taking your money and showing you the "policy" that states they can.

I'd usually say, read the policy before you buy but in this case I just say DON'T BUY FROM FITNESSBLOWOUT.COM!

Here is an excerpt from their policies page:
    Our Guarantee

If you don't feel it is the VERY BEST fitness equipment you have ever experienced in your entire life, including the most expensive equipment in the Health Clubs selling for up to $6, 000 per machine, or if you don't feel you received the most incredible bargain on your new equipment, or most importantly, if you do not stand in front of the mirror or step on the scale and see dramatic improvements in the way that you look and feel, then please call us toll free on our 1-800-FIT-4-LESS hotline and we will be happy to issue a 100% refund of the purchase price of equipment and UNLIKE any other company in the entire fitness industry, THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO RESTOCKING FEES WHATSOEVER. That's how confident we are in the quality of our Fitness Equipment and that it will exceed your expectations.

All of our quality fitness products have been discounted to guarantee you the lowest price in the entire country.

If you find a lower advertised price for the identical product and package within one year from the date of purchase, we will beat it. Closeout or discontinued products do not qualify for this offer. Customer must submit price guarantee request in writing via e-mail or US mail including the web link and contact info of authorized reseller. Item(s) must be identical products and/or packages.

THEN READ THE BELOW...

Returns and Refunds

To return a product that qualifies for our 60 day trial offer, customer should call service department and receive a RA # before shipping unit back. To qualify for our "trial offer, " customer must try unit for a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 60 days to qualify for return. Product must be in perfect working "like new" condition and shipped back in its original shipping carton and packing materials or it will not be accepted. Customer is responsible for making the return shipping arrangements and must cover the cost of shipping both ways and insurance. We can not accept any returns that have not been assigned a RA # prior to shipment. Upon satisfactory completion of these terms, we will issue a refund of the purchase price, less the actual cost of original shipping, within approximately 10-14 business days.

We process most orders to ship immediately within 10 minutes of ordering. Since it is costly to reverse our expeditious shipping process, customer is required to receive product to qualify for a refund of the purchase price of the product under our generous in-home "trial offer." The return policy is designed to enable customers to try our products with the understanding that it can be returned for a refund of the purchase price if the product doesn’t meet or exceed their expectations. Refusal of shipments will cause the customer to be responsible for the greater of shipping to and from their location or a 20% cancellation fee if order is not canceled during business hours of the same business day (Pacific Standard Time) that the order was placed.

For all returns to qualify for our generous return policies, customer must call during normal business hours within 60 days of receiving product for a return authorization form, prior to returning any merchandise. If a return request is submitted and the product happens to require service, all products must be serviced under factory warranty at no charge to the customer prior to return. Customer must obtain return authorization prior to returning unit. Customer must contact customer service to obtain a return authorization form, sign the form and return signed form to customer service to obtain return authorization approval. If a unit is returned without a return authorization number it will not be accepted.

For all customers within a 150 mile radius, we cordially invite you to visit us at our Warehouse Complex to view our Award Winning products. Any product that is ordered by a customer residing within a 150 mile radius of our Showroom Complex shall be entitled to take advantage of our 6 month satisfaction guarantee to exchange or trade for any other product of equivalent value and receive a 100% trade credit of their original purchase. If a more costly product is desired, customer is responsible for the additional costs of such exchange.

Refunds are not available to customers living within a 150 mile radius of our Warehouse-Direct Showroom Complex. Customer by virtue of ordering from us must understand the aforementioned policies. These policies have been deemed extremely fair and reasonable and have been submitted to Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Optima for their approval and acceptance.

A LITTLE CONTRADICTORY DON'T YOU THINK? "WE GUARANTEE OUR PRODUCT"... "OH, ONLY IF IT'S OUTSIDE OF LOS ANGELES" AND MANY OTHER REASONS.

THIS SITE IS A CROCK. DON'T BUY!

• De
    desert scorpion Jul 25, 2010

Fitness blowout is a shady business. I would definetly advise anyone to read the better business bureau complains and the attorney general of California complaints before you even consider buying here. Ironically is you do your research you will have nothing to do with this firm. Buy from them at your own risk. I can assure you, you will regret your decision if your purchased from them...

BUY HER AT YOUR OWN RISK, BELIEVE ME, I DID.

• Di
    DisSatisfied Treadmill Purchase Nov 20, 2010

I bought a treadmill from this company. I was suppose to receive a shipment tracking number within a couple of days according to Nico Taylor, but nothing came. I called customer service and todate have received nothing. I filed a complaint with the BBB of L.A. and plan on filing with the states attorney general. The one holding card is I also plan on filing a class action lawsuit against this company and from the complaints I have read, I doubt I will have a lot of trouble finding dissatisfied customers. Beware of the rip off company, they are crooks from the start.

• Di
    DisSatisfied Treadmill Purchase Nov 20, 2010

This company FitnessBlowOut, is not reputable. I purchased a treadmill from this company, with a statement from their salesman, Nico Taylor, that in a few days I would receive a tracking number and the treadmill within 15 business days of the date of order. I have not received a tracking number as of today 11/20/10. I was told on November 17th, 2010 that I would receive an email with details of shipping and a tracking number, nothing so far, not even a call. To date I have filed with my Credit Card company and plan on filing with the Attorney General for the State of California. I would bet that if I were to start a class action lawsuit, there would be many participants, we will see if I have to go that far.

• Je
    jerry jacks Apr 18, 2014

I have had nothing but problems with FitnessBlowout since i bought a treadmill from them in 2013 fitnessblowout sent me a piece of junk. if anyone is filing a class action lawsuit you can reac me at jerry jacks at 740-367-7574

terrible experience

I purchased a treadmill from fitnessblowout with a lifetime warranty on the deck, elevation motor and speed motors. Recently the treadmill stopped abruptly almost causing serious injury.

A repair person was sent out who stated that the walking deck was warped. After 2 months the new deck arrived and I proceeded to use the treadmill. The repairman had not been gone 5 minutes when the treadmill stopped again. I called Fitnessblowout and they told me that the motors were not covered on my warranty even though I have an invoice that says otherwise. In fact they emailed a 'copy' of my original invoice which conveniently had that part of the warranty taken out.

I can not get anyone to take my calls(steve Barzilai or jim rosen included) or return my emails. I have been trying to get this treadmill working for over six months.

This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with!!! Do not purchase anything from them.

• Jd
    jduybugtb Aug 23, 2009

they suck

• Jd
    jduybugtb Aug 23, 2009

I went through a similar experience with Fitnessblowout.com. In my situation they never sent the treadmill I ordered and then tried to send me something different than what I had originally ordered. It went on for two months. I canceled the entire order and they still tried to charge me a $540.oo restocking fee. Here's the funny part, I never received it, they never had it to sell so what exactly are they restocking? This company borders on criminal behavior and I strongly encourage consumers to NOT do business with them or you will find yourself taking the time to write complaints such as these on the internet.

763 days ago by Ivy [send email] +1 Votes

I just bought an elliptical from fitnessblowout.com as well. These guys are really tricky! First time seeing the site, everythings knocked down 50%: but only after purchasing did I notice that the SAME models sold elsewhere were retailed at even cheaper than the price they're saying they already knocked down by 50%.

They also rename many items so that you can't compare prices around. I wondered why this "Caridozone Center D" elliptical could only be sold at one place that's not even the manufacturer, until it arrived and saw the machine's name was actually "Ironman CDT". I read an article about companies who do that in order to have the ability to mark up prices without the buyers knowing the true value. Very sneaky.

They claim to have a 110% price protection guarantee, and when I called in having found the same model going for $231 cheaper than I got it for, the sales rep "Arun Dev" gives me attitude and belittles me by saying "So what? You're gonna return this great machine over a couple o' bucks?" when he said all he could do was refund me $120 because otherwise, it'd be "coming out of his own pocket". Arun, you aren't even the owner of the store - you're the salesman. I highly doubt you'd be paying out of your own pocket - and $231 couldn't be a couple o' bucks to you either, considering you're an equipment salesman.

Well, on the first day of using the elliptical, the wheels on the bottom are different sizes, making one side higher than the other and the plug for the AC adapter broke already. Only ONE day of usage, people. I don't recommend this place - you can buy elsewhere for free shipping, no tax, warranties and 110% price protection guarantees where they don't have their little minions jerking you around over the phone and giving you attitude for not sticking with them even though they're asking you to pay $231 more.

618 days ago by Marsha Kovach-deaton [send email] +1 Votes

Ordered a Treadmill online from the above website on Au 15th, 2007. On Sept 4, 2007, we received an Elliptical Trainer instead. The Trainer was picked-up on Sept 20th, 2007, by Old Dominion Freight (who screwed up the paperwork.) However the distributor Keys Fitness, for the above company DID recieve the Ellpitical back. However, Fitness Club Warehouse-FitnessBlowout.com-Super Gyms Fitness Warehouse, has refused to credit our Discover Card for the $1567.00. We own NO equipment from this place, but they have our monies. I call that theft! Be VERY aware of this place!! The have 182 complaint at the LA BBB, who has rated them an "F".

546 days ago by Andrew [send email] +1 Votes

I may be a luckier on. I attempted to place an order, and the guy at fitnessblowout was taking my order. At the end, he tried to charge me a shipping fee of $89. I told him the ads says free shipping. He said free shipping only goes to the airport. I hesitated and was going to back out. He agreed not to charge the extra shipping.

Fortunately, my credit card company did not approve the charge (the company may have been flagged for fraud). I informed my credit card company and charges has not been made yet. But I am still concerned that I have already provided information to this company.

432 days ago by Dutch [send email] +1 Votes

WARNING:

The worst customer service I've ever encountered. Shipped wrong treadmill. I paid for the white glove service and the two guys showed up never having put together a treadmill before. They read the manual which I could have done. There's a pile of black dust under the treadmill and a grinding noise. I've called several times and the company returns no phone calls.

Here are some other names they sell under. There are more but here are some of them:

Fitness Blowout
    Super Gym's Warehouse
    Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse
    Fitness Club Warehouse
    Super Gym Rosen
    1800Fit4Less.com

Look them up in the Better Business Bureau. Also google their name with "complaints" in the search. I sure wish I had done that before this nightmare started.

287 days ago by Ricky [send email] +1 Votes

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, ESPECIALLY THEIR CARDIOZONE TREADMILLS! THIS COMPANY HAS AN F RATING WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND THEY LIE COMPLETELY ABOUT THE SPECS ON THEIR TREADMILLS!! THEY ARE RUNNING A BUNCH OF CROOKS!

I PURCHASED A CARDIOZONE SUPERSPORT TREADMILL THAT WAS ADVERTISED TO HAVE A HUGE 4.0 HP MOTOR BUILT WITH A MASSIVE STEEL FRAME. THE SALESMAN STEVE BARZILAI TOLD ME THE TREADMILL WAS BETTER THAN THE LIFE FITNESS TREADMILL I HAD ORIGINALLY CALLED ABOUT.

WHEN I GOT THE THING, IT WAS A COMPLETE HUNK OF GARBAGE THAT I PAID $2600 FOR! THE TREADMILL WASN'T MADE OF STEEL, IT WAS MADE OF ALUMINUM!! FURTHERMORE, THE MOTOR WENT OUT AFTER TWO WEEKS AND I HAD TO HAVE A TECH COME IN MY HOME AND CHANGE IT. GUESS WHAT, THE TECH SAID THAT THE MOTOR WAS A 1.0 MOTOR, NOT A 4.0 MOTOR LIKE ADVERTISED!! IT APPEARED SOMEONE HAD PUT A 4.0 STICKER ON THE MOTOR INTENTIONALLY!! THAT IS FRAUD!!

WHEN I CALLED TO COMPLAIN I GOT SOME RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP NAME AUGGIE THAT SAID HE WOULD LOOK INTO THE MATTER AND CALL ME BACK. AFTER TRYING FOR SEVERAL WEEKS TO REACH MY ORIGINAL SALES REP STEVE OR A MANAGER I JUST GAVE [email protected]

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL BE GETTING RIPPED OFF!! THIS WAS BY FAR THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH ANY COMPANY

182 days ago by D*R +1 Votes

FEBRUARY 2009: THEY DO NOT HAVE 45 DAY MONEY BACK GUARATEE ONLY EXCHANGES ! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 4 MONTHS FOR MY EQUIPMENT TO BE SERVICED ON A "LIFETIME GUARANTEE". THEY DO NOT HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE AVAILABLE ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ONLY SALES REPS, BUT THE MACHINE WILL MAKE YOU THINK THEY WILL ANSWER YOUR PHONE CALL.

174 days ago by rowingmaam +1 Votes

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! THEY CHANGED THE NAME OF A BIKE I FOUND ON AMAZON FOR CHEAPER WHEN I CALLED BACK FOR THE PRICE MATCH, THEY SAID IT WASN'T THE SAME BIKE. ONLY IT WAS, THEY APPRARENTLY CHANGE THE NAME OF THEIR PRODUCTS SO YOU CAN'T GOOGLE THEM AND FIND THE REAL PRODUCT CHEAPER SOMEWHRE ELSE, COMPLETE SCAM!!

132 days ago by Sad And Worried 0 Votes

Well… I have waited over 45 "business days" for my elliptical to arrive and still no machine. I called them before I went on vacation last week to let FitnessBlowout.com know that I still haven't received the EFX-556 Precor I spent $2700.00 for. I am worried that they may be trying to scam me. They haven't even tried to contact my 2 phone numbers or email (that's 3 options) since I contacted Kevin in the customer service department over a week ago.
    I would strongly suggest not purchasing anything from this company. The customer service is horrible when it comes to follow-through. You would think that if you spent $2999.00 (I bought a floor mat to go with my nonexistent machine) with a company they would give you the time of day at the very least.
    Another thing, the sales person lied to me as well as someone from there company named Sandy told me the elliptical would be arriving “next week” 2 months ago. After 3 voice mails on Sandy’s voice mail box I just gave up. You may find that FitnessBlowout.com is always busy, too busy to understand what they are even doing it seems.

Classic example of Buyer Beware!

On a positive note, FitnessBlowout.com / Super Gym's Warehouse is only 5 minutes from the L.A. County small claims court. You can go after them for up to $7500 which should cover all the expenses incurred with setting up the meeting. I'm going to be asking for all travel expenses and full refund and I'll be bringing the mat back to them. I hope it doesn't come to this.

Sincerely,
    Still Waiting and Concerned

124 days ago by Matt M +1 Votes

I bought a CG3 Elliptical trainer at Fitness Warehouse/Fitness Blowout and in six months all the electronics just stopped. I called the # on the back of the Keys Fitness manual and got a company in Texas called Treadmill Doctor. Sean at Treadmill Doctor told me to Google "Fitness Blowout Scam." I was totally freaked because some of the details of the complaints I found were similar to my experience, i.e., it was hard getting delivery after I paid, they weren't super responsive to emails, etc. Me and the Mrs went back to Fitness Blowout and demanded our money back. We spoke to Steve Barzilai and we meant business!!! He sent out Pete(?) who replaced the AC adaptor and it started right up, no fuss.

Here's my general take on all this based on what Steve said, what I've personally seen, and what I can get from these message boards, [redacted], etc. Fitness Blowout is probably pretty schlocky and I suspect they've got a lot of turnover in sales personnel. I've done some commission sales before, I know the drill. But schlocky doesn't mean they're thieves. They apparently used to buy from Keys Fitness who I learned is bankrupt. To my surprise, Keys was never the manufacturer, but another distributor who Fitness Blowout bought from. Now FB is going directly to the manufacturer (Taiwan), and according to Steve, is exclusive for this line. I bought a CG3 because I don't want to spend 6k for Life Fitness, but I don't want junk either. I like the way the CG3 feels, the action, the build. The programs are decent, but could be a lot better.

All and all however, I feel like I got a fair shake with them. Big fitness gear is like cars, pianos, boats--it's draw versus commission and buyers are probably smart to kick the tires a lot before signing. Remember this is commissioned sales, so there's some latitude in price. Make sure someone will be there to fix things and go over the details a lot. Once you buy, I wouldn't entertain any illusions about a full refund, so be certain. There are a lot of complaints about FB, but if you look around, there are a lot of complaints about all this stuff...all the big sporting gear retailers, Dick's, Sports Authority, etc. So I wouldn't say FB is necessarily any different. We've belonged to gyms and even Life Fitness breaks down a lot, so I'm not convinced buying something good means you don't have repair issues.

So I'm giving Steve Barzilai a thumbs up, Fitness Blowout a thumbs sideways. The BBB rates them a B- and I think that's in the ballpark. If my opinion changes you will hear from me!!!

106 days ago by Zowie 0 Votes

I ordered a CardioZone Center Drive IMF Super V Compact “Total Body” Elliptical from the Fitness Blowout/Fitness Club Warehouse’s site, but received an IronMan Adventure instead. I thought it was mistake contact Fitness Blowout the very same day. It was a mistake I was sent an IronMan Adventure on purpose. In other words Fitness Blowout pulled a bait and switch scam they advertise the CardioZone but switched it with IronMan Adventure.

The IronMan adventure is rate poorly and cost half the price of the CardioZone. I requested that they take the machine back and clear my account since I received 100% financing with them. They refused saying the two machines are manufactured by the same company. Which doesn't make a difference I did not order an IronMan and Fitness blowout broke our sales agreement by not sending me what I order after several emails.

I learned the financing was really through TD Bank. I filed a dispute with TD Bank regarding the fraudulent charges but TD Bank pushed my dispute aside and continued to send me bills for a machine I never received.

I filed a compliment with the Better Business Bureau but that did not go anywhere they just continued to argue with me about the machines being manufactured at the same plant. Their B- is misleading I fell for it. The BBB in LA only keeps complaints for 36 months and responding to complaints helps them to keep their score high.

The company has had 242 complaints in 36 months. So lets say fitness blowout averages 80 complaints a year. They've been with the BBB for 15 years so that would be 1200 over 15 years. It is said that only 1 in 7 people will file a formal compliant so that would result in about 8400 dissatisifed customers.

94 days ago by loso 0 Votes

I was in the market for a Life Fitness 9500 HR Treadmill and got a quote from Fitness Blowout.

This company sucks...THEY ADVERTISE A FAKE 'LIFETIME WARRANTY', go in and read the "Policies' page which is 7 pages long!! It basically says that the warranty only covers the 'Frame and Welds. The real warranty on their remanufactured equipment is only 90 days parts and labor!!

FALSE ADVERTISING AND DECEPTIVE!! STAY AWAY!!

13 hrs 36 mins ago by Marcus 1234 0 Votes

This is the most dishonest company you will EVER deal with. All the specs on the CardioZone treadmills are lies. Buy one and measure the belt then test the motor...you will see. Or you can go to www.bladezfitness.com and see the same treadmill at a cheaper price. All the Cardiozone treadmills are made by Bladez. Fitnessblowout.com just LIES about the specs. After all read all the negative reviews!

9 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

CZ treadmill motor specs are fake and they say 1.5 hp motors are 3.0 hp motors. If you have purchased 1 before and think this is nt the truth then have it isnpected and its guaranteed you were ripped off.

8 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

6 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

Google the name of Jim Rosen who is the company owner

6 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

check BBB complaints

1 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

It is simple. THEY FALSE ADVERTISE AND LIE. PERIOD. CALL SOMEONE WHO HAS PURCHASED A CARDIOZONE AND HAVE THEM TAKE IT TO A LOCAL MECHANIC OR TREADMILL TECHNICIAN FOR ANALYSIS. THEY LIE ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE CARDIOZONE MOTOR SPECS.

1 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

0 mins ago by jduybugtb 0 Votes

The company has had 242 bbb complaints in 36 months.

falsh advertising

Do not buy from this company, especially their cardiozone treadmills! This company has an f rating with the better business bureau and they lie completely about the specs on their treadmills!! They are running a bunch of crooks!

I purchased a cardiozone supersport treadmill that was advertised to have a huge 4.0 hp motor built with a massive steel frame. The salesman steve barzilai told me the treadmill was better than the life fitness treadmill I had originally called about.

When I got the thing, it was a complete hunk of garbage that I paid $2600 for! The treadmill wasn't made of steel, it was made of aluminum!! Furthermore, the motor went out after two weeks and I had to have a tech come in my home and change it. Guess what, the tech said that the motor was a 1.0 motor, not a 4.0 motor like advertised!! It appeared someone had put a 4.0 sticker on the motor intentionally!! That is fraud!!

When I called to complain I got some rude customer service rep name auggie that said he would look into the matter and call me back. After trying for several weeks to reach my original sales rep steve or a manager I just gave [protected]@

Do not purchase anything from this company or you will be getting ripped off!! This was by far the worst experience I have ever had with any company!

• Er
    Erik Jan 23, 2009

I totally agree. The company is a complete sham. I ordered a piece of equipment that I was told would break down to fit into a specific area. When it arrived, I quickly realized that the stem and frame was welded and could not be broken down at all. There customer service is on of the worst I have ever encountered. Practically non existent. Be very careful when ordering from this company.

• Ro
    rowingmaam Mar 01, 2009

I agree as well, they offer a 45 money back trial, but they don't tell you its less shipping, scammers.

• Dr
    drw Mar 12, 2009

Here's a new one - I paid in full for a product and they still reported me to a collection agency and I cannot get them to call of the pond ### who call me every day.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE ###.

Matt M Apr 20, 2009

• Ga
    gac Mar 16, 2010

Steve Barzili does not return calls emails often But when he does its with further lies, deception and rounds of delay.
    DON"T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

• Gl
    Glen Jul 31, 2010

First of all their shipping was free to the doorstep. Had to tear apart huge package to get it inside building. Bottom part of machine was in one piece weighing about 300 lbs. Machine started to make loud thunking noise after very little use. I can see why they guarantee low price on Ironman eqipment, it's junk. Their warranty promise is garbage too. Anyone thinking of buying fitness equipment should avoid FitnessBlowout. Buy local! It will save you wasting your money!

• Re
    Revinronny Jan 25, 2011

We have had the same experiences as mentioned above! My wife has called them and emailed them non stop the last two months and the people screening the call for the worthless human Steve Barzilai is just as guilty as anyone...Not one single response in two months! Steve Barzilai is by far one of the biggest chicken sh!ts to ever walk the face of the earth. Do yourself a big favor and stay away from this Fitness blowout company.. Huge Scam.

refusal to send refund on defective merchandise

In March of this year, I ordered a recumbent rowing machine that arrived in April. After assembling the...

sounds too good to be true!

This company is an online fitness equipment store. They offer what seems to be this great money back...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices