First Class Vacations / unethical practices

1 Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:

My friend Olidia Thomas called me to tell me about her conversation with Steve Bradley, salesperson with First Class Vacations.She gave me Mr. Bradley's telephone number and she told me she had given him mine.When Mr. Bradley and I connected I informed him I had questions about an Alaskan cruise. He started off telling me about the trip, limousine to my home and from the airport, transfer to the cruise ship. Five star resort for three days and two nights, credits we would receive on the ship, seven day cruise to Alaska and he mentioned some of the stops. He said we would have to pay for our excursions, and then he began to talk about the insurance. He said I would have to purchase the insurance immediately. I explain to him I was driving on the beltway and he wanted me to pull over and give him my credit card information. When I informed him I was not pulling over on the beltway he said he had to leave the office in twenty minutes. I believe he said that to force me into getting the insurance.

The next day I informed Olidia that he was rude and her brother had the same impression. August 9, 2018 I paid for the insurance $299. I asked for written documentation of our conversation and information about the 2019 Alaskan trip on the Princess Cruise line he said he would mail it to me. I never received any documentation on the trip, I called on August 17 and August 22, 2018 requesting documentation. Steve never returned my calls or sent any documentation. I received the documentation for the insurance, which I have not signed because he has not sent any information on the trip. The next time Mr. Bradley spoke to us was on August 28, 2018. He was rude and insulting. He continued to call us "you people and saying "what else do I have to do for you people." Even on the call Mr. Bradley continued to say we could have everything for the $1999 we just needed to let Elisse Gaines He said she was his assistant. Mr. Bradley's tone was unacceptable, he lied and finally sent the e-mail with the $1999 price to Olidia but did not put any details of his conversation in writing that he committed himself to. I mentioned it on the call. I did not like his tone and did not know what he meant by "you people." Not sure if he was referring to the fact that we are African Americans but money has the same color. I have paid $299 for insurance and $450 deposit. When Elisse talked to us and we expressed our concern she immediately stated, "I am not going to lie." She said she was not going to ruined her reputation.

Mr. Bradley rushed us into getting the insurance he said he had a good deal that was ending and we had to get the insurance ASAP. He said it originally cost $599 but he had a special offer for $299. I believe he only did that to lock us in. There is nothing first class about the way we were treated. Mr. Bradley told Olidia she was being hostile. Well, he took our money under false pretenses. This trip is on our bucket list. I have wanted to go to Alaska for many years. The last experience I expected was to get a salesperson with no integrity. After talking to Elisse a balcony is $2, 500, hotel $400 etc. Mr. Bradley said it was included in the $1, 999. During my first conversation with Mr. Bradley I asked him if the total trip was $2, 300 and he said yes.

On Friday, September 14, 2018 we were told by Elisse the total package is $7, 000 to $8, 000, it has tripled the amount we were quoted by Mr. Bradley. We made our decision based on what Mr. Bradley said. After taking our money he has continued to give us the run around and would not put anything in writing. Olidia has tried on many occasions to contact the owner Jeffrey Nahom. He has never responded to our concerns. Olidia was able to speak to his secretary but currently she has not responded to any of our calls. We requested a response within 5 days. It has passed the 5 days and no resolution. The owner has not called or his secretary. Olidia has left several messages. Her brother, Kelford Francis was lied to as well. There is nothing first class about the way we have been treated and lied to by Mr. Bradley.We do not want to deal with Steve Bradley under no circumstances.We want a refund of our money.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I am filing a complaint with you. I have read other reviews of this company and this seems to be their practice. Their license needs to be revoked. Their practices are unethical. Their sales people misrepresent the company, take your money and then double or triple the cost. They do not communicate with you and trap you into the sale. No one should have to go through this. Please investigate this company.

My contact information is:

Dorothy Walker
11409 Brandywine Road
Clinton, MD 20735
[protected]

Wa
Sep 19, 2018

Comments

• Ka
      20th of Nov, 2018

Good Luck on the return of your money. First Class ripped me off of $1542.40 last Nov.2017. I booked a cruise with Princess Cruise lines then it was cancelled soon after as First Class Vacations did not pay them the money I had sent! Needless to say we did not go on any cruise this past summer nor did I receive my money or an explanation!After many promises in writing and on the phone I have yet to receive it as of today Nov.20th 2018! I am at wits end as I have contacted BBB in Florida to no avail. on many occasions. Still don't know what to do just want the return of my money!