Fireside Bank / They Don't Abide by their own Arrangements

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18008251862

Although I have had many payment arrangements over the 5 years I paid on this high interest, over priced vehicle, they have always worked with me. Until I am at the last $750, and they have called and demanded the total amount (after I paid $17, 000) or relinquish the van. They said that my previous written agreements is more valid then their verbal phone agreement. Guess all the bad loans this company and others made is finally crashing down around them. Has them a little edgy and finally working on getting some money back. Hu? Bad company. Big ripoff

Comments

Ma
  26th of Aug, 2009

I just spoke with a Charles...but first I spoke with a lady, don't know her name. I am approximately 14 days late. Having a legitimate reason for being late, was told I could not mail them a check because it is their policy not to receive late checks in the mail. Lost my job due to the company closing, husband was out of work for 4 months. Went from combined income of 35 an hour to 0 is no joke. This has been a financial horrific nightmare. And for me to only be behind by 14 days is miraculous. In this economy a bank should not tell a customer that they cannot take a check. STUPID BUSINESS PRACTICE. If Fireside would join the internet age I would make it online as soon as I got my check. They make you go to a kiosk in 7/11 or use Western Union. Why they don't let people pay online is really something in this day and age. After Charles and his coworker lady got done with me this 43 year old of 3 grown children, felt like I was 9 and going to the principals office for trying to be good.
Well I mailed it...I bet they cash it!
I am really anxious to get my truck paid off!

Gu
  3rd of Mar, 2010

They say they will not accept late payments by mail. I have sent them my late payments through the mail and everything has been fine but I read a review on a website from someone saying that they let him pay off his vehicle. He went to register the vehicle and the finance company had sold it back to the car lot. So the vehicle he just paid off was no longer his! I sure hope they have not done this to me! I am so close to paying off my truck and they just keep messing with me! I requested a payment history it took them forever to get it to me. When I got it I noticed that they want me to pay $4, 000 over the loan amount and I am paying it off a year early. It also shows on the payment history sheet that my interest is 29.9% when it was 15% when I bought it!
I hate fireside and I am glad they went under!

Fi
  3rd of Sep, 2010

Has got to be the worst company I have ever dealt with in life. Bought a 2002 ford (yes found on the road dead) taurs as is in 2004 (was in college needed a vehicle bad) for 10, 000. Was a five year loan due to be paid off in november of 2009. I got into medical debt and had to file for bankruptcy in 2007 however i reaffirmed the vechile which was the biggest mistake i could of made in life. But to back up..within 2 years had to invest 3500 in fixing up the vehicle because transmission went out after a year and half of having, alternator, starter and breaks needed to be replaced. Couldn't trade it in because i owed more for what the car was worth and at that time no one was taking a taurus as a trade in. Upon doing my affirmation agreement and upon my bankruptcy being discharged fireside tacked on 3800 to the price of the vehicle. It's now 2010 and I'm still paying on a car thats worth 1, 900. Not to mention because they are saying I am behind they have put it on my credit as well as my dads credit that the vehicle has been written off as a loss. By the time its paid off I would of paid 19, 893 dollars for a 1, 900 vehicle. They are saying that I am 664 dollars behind and that I owe 2, 381 dollars which is absolutely absurd. Don't ever deal with this company.