Fidelity Investments / responsiveness to theft of info
I received a letter from bank of new york mellon dated aug 27 stating that my personal information was "lost" (Long story). I don't do any business with them, but they are a stock transfer agent. Fidelity is my brokerage, and I simply needed fidelity to answer some questions about what info they would provide a stock transfer agent for my different accounts. I was told that the "risk department" would need to call me. I have been promised a call-back 3 times now over the course of a week, all within 24 hours, and have never received any call-back. They will happily take money and trade, but if anything is needed on their part, I have received no response. I have escalated to a "supervisor" with the same result. It is impossible for me to understand the extent of my vulnerability without the cooperation of my broker, since bnym is unresponsive and has no interest in me as a direct customer. Other brokers that I am now looking to transfer my assets to have provided the exact same information without me being a customer within 24 hours without issue.
More Fidelity Investments Complaints & Reviews
- Fidelity Investments - retaliation, fraud and malicious acts of bad faith 
- Fidelity Investments - refuses to release funds 
- Fidelity Investments - poor service 
- Fidelity Investments - excessive fees 
- Fidelity Investments - tax fraud
- Fidelity Brokerage Services - dead mothers stolen retirement account
- Fidelity Investments - targeting and abuse of ex-employee
- Fidelity Brokerage Services - potential security and compliance risk.
- Fidelity Brokerage Services - bank accounts 
- Fidelity Brokerage Services - canceled accounts