Fiat

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 by

navigation maps

I purchased my new Fiat 500x on new year's day 2017. Since then I have complained that locations and mapping are incorrect. Locations that were there for 8+ years were wrong or a mile off. I also just took a drive up North and went through Atlanta and wow the maps were so incorrect I had to use my phone and not rely on my 7 month old navigation system in my new car. I seem to have found a competent service department and they told me that my maps are up to date for (2013). What? yes, 2013 is the last time Navteq released a set of maps to the public. So this means every vehicle since 2013 still has the same maps as a 2017 vehicle.
I complained to Chrysler / Fiat and they responded - see below
" I can definitely understand why you wanted to bring attention to this! I have documented your concerns in our system however, we do rely on
Navteq to provide updates for our navigation systems. There is a map
reporting program that would allow you to provide feedback on areas that
need attention. If you would like to take advantage of this feature, you
can do so at mapreporter.navteq.com."
So I spend thousands on a vehicle with navigation to find out the navigation is very outdated with no update on the horizon. I am also told to update the maps for Navteq that never releases updates?? Chrysler / Fiat should provide up to date maps for customers for free. They should also change map providers if we depend on them to provide us with up to date mapping. This is absolutely ridiculous and a waste of money for a consumer.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree