FIAT India / Car stalled after 375 km!

1 India Review updated:

I want to file a complaint against FIAT India ( Now taken over by TATA Motors) . I bought a Fiat Palio on July 2 ,2006 and I have just done 375 Km on it and the car has been giving problems. It has stalled in the middle of the road once and right now it refuses to start. I got it checked when the problem occured for the first time on July16,2006. I went to Vivek Automobiles, Mathura Road, New Delhi where I bought the car from and I was told by the guys there that there are some errors in the MPFI system which caused the stall and now they have deleted those errors (I seriously dont know what he was trying to tell me). I went home feeling relieved and after two days my car has stalled again. I told them that they have sold me a defective piece and they should take responsibility. They can't figure out what the problem is nor are they ready to change my car. I am totally helpless and feel that i have been cheated.

Ri

Comments

13th of Sep, 2009

`Hello,

It been just a year so far since I purchased the Fiat Palio Stile Multijet SD car and it has spend more time in the workshops than on the road with a series of issues which were worked by the Malik car dealers in Hyderabad India.

It all started with issues with ECU component linked to faulty fuel injection system which stalled the car and locked the steering completely.This persistent issue was taken care temporarily when a new ECU unit was procurred from Italy as they did not have spare parts in their Pune production facility(a shame!). The problem then did not reoccur for 4-5 months, however due to the basic fault in the fuel injection system again the stalling and locking started recently.

In fact at this time as well my vehicle is in the workshop and I am totally fed up with the unsecurity of the vehicle as i can't take it out for long drives outside city withthe hear of stalling!!

I have asked the dealer to replace the car completly as I just can't this this issue no further and have been patient all this while.

If I don't get any positive responses from fiat dealer Malik in Hyderabad, I will file a case in consumer court on grounds of manufacturing defects.

• Sh
      10th of Mar, 2010

To,
    The GM
    FIAT LINEA
    PUNE

Respected Sir,

This is to inform you that my car Black FIAT LINEA no. UP 32 CS 3672 bought abought a year back has been showing the following problems
    (1) Its suspension is not working properly resulting in the wearing out of all 4 tyres

(2)Its AC is very slow and does not cool the car even to a comfortable temprature

(3)Its electronic milometer has stopped working after the car has travelled 26000 km, even though the distance travelled by it is above 45000
    (4) Its stereo is not working and after being given to GOLDRUSH LUCKNOW for repair, the electronic meter has stopped working altogather.

Kindly replace my Tyres, AC, Electronic meter and stereo.
    Also please reply why I should no file a case against your company at the consumer court.

Thanking you

Yours Sincerly

SHAHID AHMAD KHAN
    LUCKNOW
    m. 9415930000
    DATE : 8th March 2010

Get your new Email address!
    Grab the Email