Fasthosts / &Debt recovery& fee

1 Leeds, United Kingdom Review updated:

They decided to change all login details due to a security breach, they changed it while I was on holiday.

When I came back I could no longer log into my acccount or e-mail accounts. During this time my credit card expirory date had changed.

When I could finally access my account and update my details they issued a "debt recovery" admin charge of £20 plus VAT for not updating my details within a week.

When I asked for this to be refunded, they rudely said no chance.

Comments

Ni
  16th of Feb, 2009
Fasthosts - tech support
England, Greater London
United Kingdom

What a mistake using fasthosts and recommending to any of my clients.. Come back 1and1.. All is forgiven. Never again. Simply trying to cancel service was a mammoth task.

Dh
  13th of Apr, 2009

Same problem - unacceptable to me and am pursuing further.

St
  14th of Apr, 2009
Fasthosts - Dedicated Server Support
Callisti
Scotland, Dumfries and Galloway
callisti.co.uk

Dedicated server with fasthosts - supposedly 99.9% uptime guaranteed.

Suddenly powered down on 11th April with no way for me to access it.

Issue first reported to FastHosts 11 April 2009 at 15:22 BST
Issue still unresolved for 3 days, 3 hours and 33 minutes.

From the numerous phone calls and emails I have made over the past 3
days I still have no answer as to what is wrong and how long it will
take to fix - this is not typical of a reasonable, let alone high,
standard of service.

I have been informed that the server may be powered up but that the MAC address is not being recognised by the network, or is being blocked -
or perhaps a firewall needs reconfigured. I have also been informed that
the network card was tested and that it is not the cause of the fault
(i.e. hardware failure).

I have also been told that this is a very unusual issue and has been referred to Networks Team who normally deal with fasthosts infrastructure (and who arrived back from holiday today) and can't be solved by first and second line support.

None of the support staff are able to tell me when my issue is scheduled to be fixed as they have no access to the Network Team's job sheet. They just advised that I contact escalations@fasthosts.co.uk to lodge a complaint.

Theme - when something goes wrong, hope that it's not a public holiday and don't expect a real problem to get fixed quickly, no matter what you've been sold.

Ed
  26th of Aug, 2009
Fasthosts - ustomer Service
genesis
England, Merseyside
United Kingdom

Recently relocated technical support to Phillapines; workforce out there appear clueless! You will be place in a queue for half an hour (making them a tidy sum in call fees!) and will then be told that the operator has escalated the issue (because they themselves have no idea how to resolve anything) and it will take up to 48 hours to be sorted!!

God help you if you go the email enquiry route - you will receive an email to confirm receipt of your enquiry within seconds. Hours later they will email you claiming you havent told them your account number / support pin / relevant domain names etc. even though all of this information is clearly in your orginal email!

They have done this twice to me now in two weeks and it appears to be ploy to make it look like they are dealing with your complaint and waiting for the customer to respond when all they are doing is batting off your enquiry.

Be vary wary of buying domains through them for business customers with generic names - I parked a domain with them for a haulage firm whilst I completed the client's website only to find that without my permission they had placed a holding page under that name advertising my client's rival haulage firms for several weeks! Result is a nice income stream for Fasthosts and a furious and embarrassed client of mine who terminated our agreement, quite understandably. Fasthosts have cost me thousands.

Having complained, I was told in effect 'tough ###.'

They have gone massively downhill recently in my opinion. Host your sites and names elsewhere - their corporate arrogance and incompetence are a nightmare nobody in business needs.

Vi
  20th of Jan, 2010
Fasthosts - tech support
Tilsonart
United Kingdom

I have been using fasthosts Ltd to host my web site for the last 6 years. Tech support was (I say "WAS") good but yesterday I had a problem updating my web site and had to call them. After 4 calls to tech support nobody managed to resolve my problem, they expected me to download a bit of software to re upload it to their server.
First I had no idea how to do that and secondly I thought the idea of tech support was to resolve such problems for the customer i.e. me.

None of the support staff spoke clear english and the phone lines each time were terrible and very difficult to hear what was being said. (VOIP). I found out fasthosts out sourced their tech support to the Philippines about 6 months ago, as a result the standard of tech support has taken a nose dive in my experience.

By the way, all sales staff are based in the UK (of course) but god help you if you need to call support. I am still waiting for them to resolve my problem, meantime I have an old out of date version of my web site stuck on the net and it seems nobody can upload the correct version. I am looking for a new host right now, one based in the UK with UK support staff.

Er
  22nd of Feb, 2011
Fasthosts - Extra charges
Fasthosts

I wished to buy a website address from Fasthosts, but it was only buried in the terms and conditions that I was in fact signing a one year contract, I thought I was only paying for a month's service. I wanted to terminate early and I incurred extra charges.

Fa
  21st of Apr, 2011

We're sorry you feel that way. Our contract terms and prices are shown at the point of checkout for each product which allows you to choose your term, monthly pay-&-go, Monthly Annual and Annual contract options for web hosting. We realise at times consumers make mistakes and we do adhere to a 30 day cooling off period should you wish to change your mind, after this time we do assume as would most companies that you wish to continue with the service. Businesses are not subject to a similar cooling off period as we expect them to have completed an amount of due diligence before signing up. We'd urge you to complain to us either in writing, in email or over our local rate phone number 0844 583 0777

Si
  23rd of Apr, 2011
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I STRONGLY suggest EVERYONE takes a look at these other hosting reviews websites re FASTHOSTS:

Fa
  24th of Apr, 2011

Thanks for posting these review sites, its always good to get feedback good and bad so we can improve in the future. We've listened and acted on a lot of the issues described on these sites, if you want to see what we've done please visit our blog http://blogs.fasthosts.co.uk/2011/04/customer-service-improvements

Si
  25th of Apr, 2011
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Utter ### / OPEN your eyes people and DO NOT TRUST COWBOYS FASTHOSTS!

Follow @FasthostsShit on Twitter and read all his Tweets, Retweets and related links. Plenty of comments from unhappy, rippedoff and pissed off customers that had a CRAP service and their credit debit/credit card debited after they attempted to cancel the 1 year renewal TRAP. PLENTY OF EVIDENCE THAT CONTRADICTS FASTHOSTS UTTER PILE OF ###!

SPREAD THE WORD - AVOID FASTHOSTS !