Fandango / no refund or exchange

Cape Coral Fl, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-540-3995

Long story short...gave blood and received two Fandango passes with a promo code. Went online to redeem my codes and schedule my movie(6/30/15). Due to having to work, had to cancel my tickets, which I did so well in advance of movie start time. Got an email after cancellation to choose either a refund or exchange, but could not submit either one, due to an "issue" with an order! Waited the 24 hours for a response, which never came. Finally contacted customer service who advised because they were "promo'' codes, I couldn't even get an exchange!! So after giving blood and receiving two passes, then having to cancel my movie due to having to work, I am penalized??? And when I informed the customer service person, Kimberly, that I would tell people about this Fandango practice, she acted like she could care less! Never will I ever buy a Fandango gift card for anyone as a gift ever again, nor will I ever utilize their service!

Sp
Jul 1, 2015

Comments

27th of Jul, 2015

I had a similar experience using Fandango to purchase tickets to a movie 30 minutes prior to the movie started. Missed the movie. In most cases companies give your a refund with no problem or at the very least credit/voucher. They did not even respond to my email request for a refund until a weeks after I filed a report on the Better Business Bureau. Still no refund :(
    I have found many different website complaints about them. I'm spreading the news and will not stop till I've reached a few that change their minds about them.

Sincerely,