Family Readers Club / Fraudulent Collection Practices

1 2104 Gusmus AvenueMuscle Shoals, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2563835298

Called today, May 1, 2009, by Ryan, and was yelled at because my credit card company refused to pay the bill because the credit card company thought that the collector worked for a fradulent company. Was told that may name had been taken off the do not call list and that I was going to be taken to court. I tried to remain calm but Ryan was so obnoxious I finally hung up on him. I do not take threats well. expecially when there had been a previous caller whom I told to catch up the account and resume taking the monthly payments. The credit card number had been changed because of identity theft. Ryan called back and told me I was a liar, a d I had stolen the money from his company. He was rude and uncontrollable. I remained calm even though when I tried to explain, he cut me off and did not let me explain. He was very rude and obnoxious when I did not tell the credit card company to not pay his company.

Comments

• Sh
      21st of Dec, 2010

I have asked several times for them to give me a hard copy of the contract I made with them. They keep telling me that they have sent one. I have not recieve one with my signature on it. I had to change accounts cause they were taking money twice a month. Right now they have sent me a letter saying that I am violation of an agreement they won't tell me about. And tell me this is a legitimate bill. I am currently writing them a letter to cancel any agreement we had and I no longer want whatever they are selling. This is getting pathetic. This is the second company doing this to me.

• Gr
      29th of Nov, 2011

Same has happened to me by same guy ryan. What did u do about them threatening taking court action?