EZPass NY / fraudulent charges

1 PO Box 149001, Staten Island, NY, US Review updated:
Phone: 1800 333 8566

For the past year I would receive a violation notice that a toll was not paid and at the same time there would in fact be a charge on my account for that toll and they refuse to reimburs me. Also, I have a truck which is class 3 however the toll picks it up as a class 5 and a class 6 which results in an over charge to my account in which ezpass refuses to refund my money, They claim toll is valid but offer no proof. This is a clear case of fraud and it needs to stop as well as refund my money.

More EZPass NY Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      Jan 24, 2019

I have been going back and forward with EZ Pass customer service & their office in Albany regarding fraudulent charging on my EZ Pass. I have not taken the pass out of the pouch, nor been out of the state of NY since 2016 and charges have been racking up on my license plate which are on my car.
    I purchase the pass in Oct 2017 and charges have been adding up since February 2018. I have sent numerous of letters to Albany and have called the 800.333.8655 and each time I have been told something different. I was informed they don't go by the EZ Pass when going through the tolls but scan your plates which is a lie because my plates are on my car that I use everyday going back & forward to work.
    They don't want to correct this problem although I have request them to investigate. I sent my vehicle registration and everything else they have asked for including the button back. I spoke with a supervisor yesterday (1/23/19) and she was not helpful at all. I am due $75.00 & I am going to seek legal advice against MTA Bridges & Tunnels Authority. Thank God I took my card of the account before they hit it again for more money.