Express Oil / Ruined my vehicle

United States Review updated:
In March 2008, I took my 1997 Chevy truck into Express Oil in Leeds, Al for a simple oil change. Upon completion, the truck would not start. The mechanic without using a diagnostic machine said it was a fuel pump. They tried to charge an outrageous price so I went across the street & purchased the part at Auto Zonefor less than half the price. Express Oil agreed to install the fuel pump. The mechanic on duty improperly installed the fuel pump resulting in a power surge to the truck which caused severe damage to the entire electrical system. In the beginning, the manager, Tony, verbally admitted to the mistake & proceeded to keep our truck for a total of 5 weeks while they repaired all the electrical parts they seemed to believe they damaged. I have copies of the receipts as to what they repaired. Since then, we have continued to have electrical problems & this truck has had to be towed back to them countless times for repair.

They are now tired of dealing with us & the problem they created. They have become very non compliant & have told us to hire a lawyer. Prior to Express Oil working on our vehicle, we had a vehicle we could count on to get our employees from one job to another. Now we have a vehicle we can't count on at all.

We are hiring a lawyer & plan to sue Express Oil for damages & loss of use of a company vehicle. They have been rude to say the least.

My personal recommendation to anyone dealing with this company is to run away as fast as possible. They will ruin your vehicle!!
Va

Comments

Mo
  25th of Oct, 2012
We have 3 vehicles that we have been taking to Bruce for 3 years. My husband has a 1990 Oldsmobile 98 that he had struts and shocks put on this year. Its leaking air and sagging in rear. I his wife drive a 2007 toyota Avalon they did my struts. And brakes. I drove all the way to NC with s loose strut and loose brake after they assurred me that me and my 3 kids would be safe.. And thankgod the tire didn't come off. My husband also has a 1995 Chevy caprice. They replaced the water filter one week to turn around a week later to find oil all in my garage because the distributor housing unit had went out. I don't understand what the hell. We find all this out when I take it to Goodyear. Oh and did I mention the water pump and thermostats they put on was defective as well. We are waiting for Bill the GM TO CALL AND HE HASNT CALLED YET. MY HUSBAND HAD TO COME ALL THE WAY HOME FROM AFGHANISTAN TO DEAL WITH THIS!!!
Br
  29th of Sep, 2014
on 09/11/2014 i took my car on my lunch break to have the oil changed...7 days later the oil light was on in my car. took it back and was told we can't see where the leak is coming from so we will just put more oil in it and spray some stuff on it to see where the oil leak is coming from. two days later the oil light is now back on. took it back was then told it was leaking from the gasket above the starter. baloney these people are rip off artist and i plan on taking them to small claims court or wherever i need to to get my money for taking my car to another mechanic and the 50.00 i paid for the oil change...

Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers Logo Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers