[Resolved] Experteer / Stay away from Experteer

United States Review updated:

I purchased one month subscription for Experteer website and I expected for it to be one off payment. Unexpectedly in next month bank statement I’ve noticed same charge from Experteer. I thought it was mistake but one month later same thing happened. Stay away from Experteer.

• Resolution statement

• Experteer Customer Care's Response, Sep 12, 2018

Dear SwissRoni,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry if you experienced problems unsubscribing. This is easy to do: at the end of each newsletter or in your account in the area "My Account". Alternatively you can always simply contact our helpful customer service team and they can do this for you.

Please also feel free to write to me directly - at [protected]@experteer.com.

Thank you!

Axel Holl
    Experteer Customer Service Manager

Comments

• Aa
      28th of Oct, 2014

This platform is a complete organize scam. This German based company is the ideal organize crime conning the hard working men and women that need help to find dignifying jobs. They scam you into signing up for a month or a six months membership and then keep dipping into your account or charging your credit cards over and over again. They should be ashamed of themselves. All the jobs are phantom jobs and some are copy cats from other websites. This practice has to stop and it has to stop NOW.

• Ez
      29th of Nov, 2014

Experteer is a waste of time and money. avoid at all costs. read internet reviews about exporter, they are correct.

• La
      18th of Apr, 2015

i call my credit card company to stop all those charges but the soonest they removed it is back again charging!! PLEASE LISTEN TO ALL PREVIOUS COMPLAINS "STAY AWAY" FROM EXPERTEER.COM

• Qp
      8th of Jun, 2015

I asked Experteer.com to cancel a year ago and didn't realize they had been charging my account 4 times a year since 2012! Looked again at this one credit card I have and they did it again two times so far! What career company automatically charges you 4 times a year when they do nothing for you? No emails, no updates, just take your money. Looks like I've been ripped off for about $700! Stay away from them and their website!

• Js
      15th of Sep, 2015

Experteer keeps charging you even when you reset your account back to basic. This is what they said when I had my credit card company file a complaint and I sent them a complaint via their website (they don't provide a phone number or anything on their website). Thank you very much for your enquiry.
    "The Premium Membership is renewed automatically so as to offer you uninterrupted access to all the services offered by Experteer. It has been conveyed to you during the subscription process that unless you inform us before the expiration of your subscription, it will be renewed automatically. This information is displayed and always visible on the Premium sign-up page - right under the button "Confirm Upgrade". The automatic prolongation is also part of our terms and conditions.
    We have not received a cancellation request from you. We therefore regret that a refund is unfortunately not possible."
    After I complained they reset my account BACK to PREMIUM and said it was never cancelled. STAY AWAY from these people. THEY ROB YOU.

3rd of Dec, 2015

I was robbed too. They refused to return my money they withdraw from my bank account by reusing my paypal information I used in initial payment and renewed Premium subscription for another 3 months! I tried to remove the paypal details from my profile, however they hide it after I asked them for refund!!!
    Enough is enough! Tens of thousands of victims = lots of money!
    We created a dedicated e-mail account for reporting the deceit cases to us.
    Please e-mail us the amount of the money they owe you to deceived.by.Experteer at google mail and we will look what we can do about it!

Also see here. It's more of us: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.experteer.de

• La
      25th of Jul, 2018

@DeceivedByExperteer They keep charging my account too. I cannot find a phone number to call them to stop. Please email me at [protected]@comcast.net. They charged me 190.00

• Ex
      12th of Sep, 2018

@Larryz Dear Ms. or Mr. Brown,

Thank you for your feedback.
    I am sorry if our service did not meet your expectations.

Experteer is a highly-personalized career service for senior-level executives worldwide. Each year thousands of candidates confirm finding jobs via Experteer - here a few examples:

We do clearly state the prolongation of a premium membership when you sign up for premium and of course also in the terms and conditions. Cancelling a premium membership is easy to do - by email, fax, letter or in your account. You can do this even 1 day before prolongation and we confirm every cancellation by email. We are sorry - it is never possible to cancel backwards in time.

Please feel free to write to me directly with any further questions - at [protected]@experteer.com.

Kind regards,

Axel Holl
    Experteer Customer Service Manager

More reports here: /link removed/

3rd of Dec, 2015

Enough is enough! Tens of thousands of victims = lots of money!
    We created a dedicated e-mail account for reporting the deceit cases to us.

• Cy
      19th of Dec, 2015

I too signed up for one month and now have been charged 4 times. when you go on the site to contact them about canceling, it just sends you to their web page with no way to change membership or cancel. RIP OFF.

• Ba
      9th of Feb, 2016

Same problems as everyone else. If it weren't for the fact that the credit card they were charging was reissued and they could no longer auto charge it, I would STILL be being charged for their so called services. Next step is to call my credit card company and make sure they can't get around the fact that its a new card/number.

• Do
      7th of Oct, 2016

Do not sign up for this service. They pray on the unemployed and steal their money! Promised unique leads in my area and received the same listings I could find on Glassdoor and LinkedIn for less money. Missed the cancellation day by 1 day due to the time difference from Germany/US so was charged for another year. When I contacted Customer Service, received the customary canned rejection that they will not take care of their customers. Tried to dispute with my credit card and they too decided to side with this disreputable company. My advice is stay away unless you want to pay a fortune (that you really can't afford while unemployed!) for something that you can find for free!

• Nu
      18th of Nov, 2016

Same thing on my side. Subscribed a one month trial but they kept sending invoices, and they do it one month in advance. Since I use a virtual VISA card for each transaction, they weren´t able to charge me the following months. Sent an email requesting for the cancelation, they said they would cancel, but no such thing happened. I canceled the account and deleted all data. Now they are just sending annoying emails saying they are going to collect the debt via a debt collect company.

• Ol
      16th of Dec, 2016

It is exactly the same for me
    I have cancelled through their website and they continue to charge me
    it is not possible to get through with any body
    I will not pay !

• Sh
      25th of Jan, 2017

I saw a job posting that was said to have been recently posted. I attempted to apply for the job, but it required you to become a Premium Member, before you can see the entire posting and apply. After becoming a Premium Member, I attempted to apply for the job, and it now said, "job unavailable or job has been removed". This is a bait and switch tactic, and I have requested my money back. On their website, it states it will take at least 30 days for a refund. The membership, I purchased was a month membership. I just purchased the premium membership less than 10 minutes ago. They don't offer any phone contact number on their website, to cancel the order. This is a scam!

• To
      6th of Feb, 2017

Experteer are theives the are con artists BE WARNED DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS SCAM

• Ei
      1st of Mar, 2017

I've just been scammed too, bu a lot of money :(
    Didn't expect this from a job search engine

• Te
      7th of Aug, 2017

I just realized I have been charged too and I had no idea what it was. Since I am retired I definitely have not registered with any job agency. How did they get my account number. I reported them.

• St
      26th of Sep, 2017

Stay Away - Never Give Them Your Email!

They are purely a telemarketing company only. You can't unsubscribe. You can't delete your account. Forced to use them by ZipRecruiter, another dubious company. They send you multiple emails a day, unsolicited. I can't stop it. VERY ANNOYING!!! They are professional scammers!!!

• Mi
      23rd of Oct, 2017

The company and service is a scam. They automatically add you to the yearly subscription and charge you for service. To make sure that they do not get in trouble, they are located in Europe and show you jobs in the United States.

• Sw
      12th of Aug, 2018

I registered myself for a Basic Account. I was continuosely recieving their no-use emails, so thought of unsubscribing this. But that was a challenge. They hide this possibility. It took me an hour to get to that I unsubscribe. Only I hope it work ...
    This is not a serious company. It would be quiet a SCAM!!!

• Mr
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Experteer - Job Search
    Germany
    experteer.com

I purchased premium membership but canceled in Oct 2016. They continued to charge my credit card after cancellation and are saying I didn't cancel when I have the email stating otherwise. Getting them to refund it is impossible.

• Fr
      5th of Jan, 2019
    Experteer - Auto-renewal
    Albuquerque
    New Mexico

Auto-renewed without required 30-day notice and refused reimbursement.

Of course, this website is a scam, and not a single view in 180 for the paid period I authorized. Avoid MORE than the plague!