Experian Direct / Scam!

Aug 11, 2015
Experian Direct
192B Harris Hill Rd
I joined Experian Direct Direct several yrs ago opting to view my monthly report for $9.95/mo. During the sign up process the site was taking exceptionally long to process information I was entering and in navigating from page to page making me think my computer had frozen. I clicked around on the page a bit & somehow wound up being redirected to a page where I was signed up for Skype international. I thought I was still signing up for Experian. I wound up having to dispute charges for that with my credit card company but chalked it up to my own impetuous nature & not having waited long enough for pages to load. After a year I was looking at my credit card bill and noticed I was no longer being charged the original rate I had agreed to. That rate had doubled with no notification from Experian Direct. I called them to cancel my account and was made an offer to stay with them that was just below the original rate. I agreed. Everything went well for the next year or so. Then I got an email from them telling me that my credit card was about to expire and to please log in to update it. I was able to successfully log in, but was unable to navigate to any page. I kept getting a hijack page telling me my credit card needed to be updated & to click here to update. Each time I clicked I would get a box telling me something went wrong & to contact Experian Direct. I tried to call them but they are only open during times when I am sleeping or working (I work nights.) I logged out & logged back in several times, each time clicking on a different option at the top of the page that came up before the message telling me something went wrong. The only option I was able to navigate to was one to "Get your 3-Bureau-Report" and Fico Score. There were no options on that page to navigate to the page where I could update my credit card info. My only option was to click here to view report. I did not have to enter any credit card info. I did not have to check a box agreeing to terms and conditions or agree to any additional charges. The report did come up and there at the top of the page was an option, finally, to view my account information. I updated my credit card and was about to log out when I noticed that, once again, my monthly rate had doubled. I logged into my credit card account and, indeed, my monthly rate had doubled 2 months ago without any notification...and I also had a charge of $39.95 for a 3-Bureau-Credit-Report. I immediately sent an email to cancel my account and dispute the 3-Bureau Report charge. My response came several days later. It stated that because the 3-Bureau Report was a one time report that I had viewed they would not refund the charge for it but they would be happy to cancel my account for me. Dissatisfied? You bet.

Experian Information Solutions Logo Experian Information Solutions