Experian Credit Bureau / Access to live help

Experian Credit Bureau
P O Box 2002
Phone: 888-397-3742
Experian Credit Bureau has an automated phone system that seems impossible to use effectively--there is no way to reach a live operator to describe a problem related to incorrect information on a credit report.

Repeated calls to the same number, with different code selections, still never lead to a live person. The online access is no more helpful--everything seems contrived to provide automated assistance only. If you have a question that doesn't fit into the automated menu, then you're out of luck.

Leaving detailed personal information via the automated system still may result in a failure of the system to properly identify the caller. There is no automatic transfer to a live operator to handle the situation.

Experian needs to address these issues or go out of business completely. I hope the Federal Trade Commission and other regulatory bodies are aware of Experian's incompetence. In fact, I'm going to make certain they are aware.

I almost hope I get the chance to sue Experian for failure to correct the erroneous information on my credit report. I suspect that the threat of legal action is the only thing that will get a live person on the phone.

Thank you.

A  27th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Experian SUCKS! I'm going through hell with them right now, trying to correct a damaged credit report as a result of identity theft. Other cards which i've had for over 20 years in excellent standing have been CANCELLED because Experian is dragging its ###. If anyone knows a secret way to get a human being on the phone, we'd all appreciate it. I only hope the lawyer I've retained has better luck...
A  22nd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am going thru HELL getting a live person at Experian to resolve my problem. I am applying for loan and they keep on reporting the potential lenders that I do not have a credit history on me. Mean while they keep on sending me a 24 page credit report on me in detail of my accounts. This action from them lead to 20 inquires on my report by 3 agencies because they cannot any info. from Experia.
Can anyone reading this know how I can get HELP.
A  14th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I, too, am seeking legal help to go after Experian. All 3 credit bureaus had listed me as "deceased" due to screwup by a creditor in which I cancelled an account. Creditor notified all 3 credit bureaus, acknowledging its error, INCLUDING EXPERIAN. Two of the credit bureaus corrected the error, and my lender was able to get credit scores from them. EXPERIAN, however, ignored the notification, so I disputed my credit report, demanding that "desceased" be removed from creditor information on my credit report. 30 days later, Experian reissued my account information for the errant creditor in response to my dispute...said account information had been "updated." Not a g_ddamn thing had changed!! Was still shown as "deceased!!!"

Sent a letter to Experian by Fed Ex, demanding that correction be made. Fed Ex was signed for, but ignored...time for an attorney.

Physical address for Experian disputes:

Experian Credit Disputes
701 Experian Parkway
Allen, Texas 75013
A  17th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Today I asked for a free credit report from Experian; in order to obtain the "free" report I signed up for a seven day trial of the "Triple Advantage" product. After trial expires I will be charged $24.95. The site said 24 hr toll free support.
I have tried this same day to cancel this product. The automated call service on the toll free number requires a credit report number which is not on my report. The "contact us" button is of no use; I can only find the toll free number. It appears that they have hidden the cancel process or there is none available. This is a scam and not something I expected to encounter on a site from this company.
I also do not know exactly what charges are involved in this so-called product. Tomorrow I am changing my debit card in hope of preventing these charges. I went to annualcreditreport.com and clicked on the Experian icon. A web site that was given to me by an attorney as a source of a free report should NOT contain a link to a site that follows this type of business practice: I would imagine at the least they are paid "per click" if not also a fee from money made from this link. I have seen others online that have had the same problem; they also can not find a way to contact Experian customer support without a report number.
N  21st of Mar, 2010 by
Experian is run and mismanaged by a bunch of incompetents. My credit line was frozen on a credit card because of erroneous information obtained and not verified by Experian. They should be held accountable for this action. I can't understand why Congress or a regulatory agency has'nt taken action against the credit reporting industry. I have my credit report number from my credit report and can get only to the first page on disputes-then get bounced to make a phone call where no live voice exists. I followed their directions only to be advised (mechanically) that assistance is not available.. I will follow up via registered letter and the dispute form with a copy to my Congressman. Election season is not to far away! TIME FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT!!!

John O.
A  25th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
experian is awful there was a judgement on my file on all 3 credit Bureaus I knew nothing about so I disputed it equafax and transunion sent me a letter saying it was removed experian says its mine I dont even think they checked and you cannot dispute it again they need to be removed from the credit system I know this is not mine if class action is done Please contact me Ill join in
N  29th of Mar, 2010 by
I tried to call Experian today and got the infamous automated machine. Couldn't get a person and got sick of waiting and listening to all their 'options'. Tried to get my Free credit reports and got all but Experian. Was told online that it was unable to do it over the internet, that maybe I had a Security Freeze on my account and I needed to send them a copy of my SS card and drivers license, showing current address. OR I could call the 800# for assistance...Well, that didn't get me anywhere. I've been trying to clear up my credit, doing the right thing and my credit is worse now than it was before! I got high interest loans for a car only to find out later that they only report to 2 of the bureaus. Got high interest financing for furniture (its the only credit I could get because of credit scores) only to find out that they are only reporting to Experian! What's the point? Who regulates this stuff?! If your credit score determines whether or not you can buy a house, or pay cheaper car insurance, then it should be mandatory that EVERY place has to report!
A  14th of Jul, 2010 by
I have had excellent credit all my adult life. We own our home outright, have ample savings, still have a decent income, credit cards; revolving and gas, respected in our community, but ever since EXPERIAN came into my life with ITS FREE CREDIT REPORTS I have been refused credit twice. This is because I declined subscribing to THEIR service? I did so because I have credit and fraud protection elsewhere.

This is the second time (at least) that I have had problems with them. None of my making

The only reason I asked for the report was to determine how on earth my credit could be declined by anyone.

Experian is a three company consortium, so designed so that all three can avoid damages for their mistakes. Two (EQUIFAX and TRANSUNION) of those companies investigated our credit and found the amount was adequate and all merchants reported "As Agreed" expieriance. When asked for a report, EXPERIAN ignored the two good reports and reported that we had insufficient credit experience. EXPERIAN HAD NO INFO ON ME BECAUSE THEY HAD OBVIOUSLY MADE NO INQUIRIES.

I told them in a letter. It is impossible to reach them by phone

"1. You did not use due diligence in gathering information on my credit experience.

2. You were negligent in not reviewing and reporting the other two credit companies results.

a. Equifax

b. TransUnion.

Through your negligence, you, Experian, have been recommending that we be refused credit in BAD FAITH which has caused us financial distress, embarrassment in the business community, and pain and suffering purely as a result of your sloppy, negligent business practices."

Anyone who accepts their FREE TRIAL will only cause themselves endless undeserved grief
John Brewer
N  8th of Aug, 2010 by
can anyone pls advise how they finally got Experian to cancel the monthly nuisance fee?
A  5th of Jan, 2011 by
Wow, shocking how many of you all have had the same experience as I. I cannot believe they can stay in business!

I was sent an email from Experian stating that I had requested a credit report & they were simply verifying the request. I had NOT made that request & was concerned as to who had. After calling several #'s I finally was able to speak to a human being. I spoke to a supervisor, Nicole employee#25712, she stated there was nothing she could do and told me I could only have an automated # & that noone else in the company could help me! This is after another supervisor by the name of 'Robert' stated to my initial contact that he 'refused to talk to me'. I had been very professional and had asked to speak to a supervisor because I didn't want to get stuck in an automated loop again and wanted an individual who could help me figure this out. In today's age of indentity theft I am shocked that that was the extent of customer service! Appalling
A  21st of Jan, 2011 by
Experian has got to be the WORST run business in America! I have been trying to resolve a disputer for two months. I have followed their instructions to email my dipsutes 3 times now with no response. I have called the 800 number a dozen times to speak with a live person but no luck. I get the recording "no operator is available now." It seems they don't actually have live people to assist with correcting inaccurate information. In the meantime their information affects my entire life! How can a company with so much power not be required to adquatley staff their departments to be able to service their customers?
N  21st of Dec, 2011 by

Experian Credit Bureau - refuses to remove inaccurate/inccorect accounts
experian credit bureau
p.o. box 1240

my complaint is with experian credit bureau. experian refuses to verify incorrect items in my credit file. i have tried disputing the accounts for different reasons but experian refuses by saying that they have already investigated the account and that it is accurate. please help.

Experian Information Solutions Logo Experian Information Solutions