Europcar / fraud and rip off!
Having booked through Travelocity, we picked up our rental car from Copenhagen and dropped it off at Frankfurt airport 3 days later. Europcar helped themselves to 2 extra days rental fee and insurance charges, which amounted to nearly $400 U.S. They sent us an invoice claiming that we had returned the car 2 days after we flew out of Europe! We tried to resolve through Travelocity first and then American Express, and to our disappointment, neither company seemed to try too hard when faced with Europcar stonewalling with explanations that didn't even add up. I don't understand how a company like this could be Europe's largest rental car company. Do not use Europcar and if you use an intermediary insist that they do not use Europcar.
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar International - car hire dublin airport - baby car seats
- Europcar International - 5 waiting hours to deliver car reservation on time
- Europcar International - rental car
- Europcar International - not full tank!
- Europcar International - lack of damage report and repair estimate