Europcar / worthless insurance cdw

1 Germany

Europcar rented a car to me in Germany so I could drive to Poland, and rather than using my creditcard insurance coverage, I thought I would buy insurance protection from europcar for complete coverage. While in Poland a motorcyclist ran in to the car while is was stopped at an intersection as the motorcyclist was illegally trying to weave through the stopped cars. Anyway, the motorcyclist lied to the police saying we drove into him and as he and his girlfriend riding on the back of the motorcycle told the same lie, the police gave my wife who was driving a ticket. When I returned the car to Europcar in Frankfurt the attendant noted the minor damage, and since he saw that I had purchased the insurance he told me everything was okay, and that I could go. Then back in the U.S., Europcar started sending me bills for 774 euros inspite of my purchase of their insurance. Apparently, had I only used my credit card insurance I would have been completely covered, but by electing to use their insurance, my creditcard insurance is voided, and their insurance sucks. I might have been able to figure this out, if their agent had a clue, or if I read German as that is what the policy was in.

Ja