Eueyewear.com / Advanier / Opticalinstitute.com / Keeps Money.....does not send contact lenses

1 Portugal Review updated:

I ordered contact lenses from Optical Institute, and paid with Paypal. They took my money...never sent the contact lenses. I sent them four e-mails...they never respond! I will have to file a complaint with Paypal to get my money back. BEWARE...don't do business here!!!

Comments

• Je
      5th of Mar, 2010

Yes it also happend to myself ...I order contacts from them about a month ago and also email them and they havent respond...they took my money...what can we do?

• Li
      15th of Mar, 2010

Did you try calling?

I initially had the same problem. A month after ordering and them taking my money, I still hadn't received my lenses. I emailed them once, and then waited a week and called them. The number is on the website. The guy seemed very apologetic, and explained it was a problem with getting the lenses from the manufacturer and that they only had one box when I had ordered four. I suggested it might have been a good idea to have contacted me to let me know which they also acknowledged.

I put lack of contact and the length of time taken down to cultural differences. The company is in Portugal. Having lived there for a while, I can confirm that time does indeed operate in a way very different from Northern Europe.

Pick up the phone.

• Ra
      23rd of Mar, 2010

I order from them all the time! Love them! They do take a while to ship my contacts, but hey saving money by not paying for an exam is well worth my wait!

• Pa
      28th of May, 2010

I live in the usa and I received my contacts in less than a weeek for only 8$ shipping!faster than a US company

• Pa
      28th of May, 2010

I live in the usa and I rceived my contacts in less than a weeek for only 8$ shipping!faster than a US company.

best service ever

• So
      24th of Aug, 2010

I had the exact opposite expirence. I order my contacts and recieved them 3 weeks later no problem. Also i recently order more and had a qustion about them and emailed them and they did respond in a resonable amout of time. Still sorry to here about your bad expierince. But I would definately do business with them again. Whats also nice is that if you haven't been to the eye doctor in a while, you don't have to send them a recent prescription, or a prescription at all. I really liked this company.

• Qu
      10th of Dec, 2010

I just received the contacts on Dec. 8th, that I ordered days ago-to be exact, I ordered them on Nov. 21st which was a Sunday, I got an email saying they were shipped Nov. 24. Since processing/shipping time only include business days, technically, it took less than two weeks to get to me! I actually stumbled on this website after I placed my order, and on reading the first complaint, told myself to just wait and see. Needless to say, I am way more than happy with my purchase. I work in retail, and to us, anything that takes less than two weeks to come from abroad is quick service. I felt I didn't need to see my eye doctor again-nothing has changed in the ten years that I've been getting my once a year check up, so I will do business with them again.

• Sl
      4th of Feb, 2011

Ordered contacts on Jan 18th received today Feb 4th. Not bad! they were cheaper than 1800contacts. Have had same script for 42 years

• Le
      24th of Feb, 2011

There is nothing wrong with this company. The lenses come from Europe and it takes around 1-3 weeks depending on the brand. I've ordered acouple of times already, with less price and less hassle. I refuse to pay 'big brother' for yearly examination which I dont' need. These days the lenses protect the eyes and are only good for you. You'd have to be a complete [censor] to infect your eyes with today's lenses. Americans just want to control everything and suck the money off of people - including optometrists. Typical American greed and control. In Europe people use products like this with common sence and care and thus no need for prescription every single year.

Wonder who _really_ has problems with this company? American competitor sites?

• Zx
      26th of Aug, 2011

I have ordered from this company about once a year for the past 3 years. I almost thought I was getting ripped off this last time. Ordered lenses on Aug 9th, a few days later I received traking information. Neither Portugals mail service or USPS gave any information for the tracking #. I emailed optical institute and got no reply. The lenses arrived on Aug 20th. This company has always come through for me, although their communication could be better.

• Sd
      25th of Oct, 2011

Im Curious to see how my experience will go, as I did pay more for these lenses than I would have for 1-800-CONTACTS, 63.00 to be exact...I Just hope these guys pull through, cause im sick of paying so much to see my eye doctor every year.

• El
      11th of Feb, 2012

My contacts arrived exactly 16 days of ordering date. I live in California. Perfect. I love my contacts and the price. Didn't need a visit to the optometrist for the Acuvue Daily TruEyes. Paid including shipping, their European taxes, and 2x boxes of 30 day Trueyes: $72 USD and some change. Couldn't be happier. So I'm writing this review for them.

• 3c
      24th of May, 2013

After reading these negative posts after I had ordered I became worried. I emailed their customer service 13 days in they responded tue same day with a tracking number and on the 14th day contacts were in my mailbox.
    Would use them again just plan on a two week delivery ( which isn't bad coming from Portugal )

• C2
      4th of Dec, 2013

Hey everyone, just wanted to let my fellow consumers know, that this company is legit..I reside in California and ordered my contacts on Nov 19 and they came DEC 4th. It only took 15 days exactly for them to arrive. I am extremely satisfied. Will do business again. I ordered only one box (acuvue oasys) since my prescription is the same for both eyes. SHIPPING is kinda steep (8.50 euros =12 dollars) so next time I will double up to save on S&H..This was my first time using them, so for my peace of mind, I used PAYPAL. (the same account I use for EBAY)
    HIGHLIGHTS OF MY EXPERIENCE:
    1. When I tried to place my order the first time the paypal link on their website would not work. I EMAILED them and they responded the same day. They fixed the link and I was able to LOG IN into PayPal's secured website to complete the order.
    2. About 3 days after successful placement of my order I got a confirmation email with a TRACKING NUMBER and other details.
    3. I would only recommend to do online business with a company that is new to you, by using an intermediary such as PAYPAL for security.

• Fr
      14th of Jan, 2014

I ordered contact lenses over two weeks ago. I have not heard back about my order or shipment. I called the two numbers listed on their website and both numbers are not in service.
    This company is a SCAM. Do not order from them!!! Let this be your warningg

21st of Jan, 2014

I ordered a box (my eyes are the same) of contacts over 3 years ago from this company and received my order roughly 2 to 2 and a half weeks after placing it. I have just submitted another order and can't wait to find the contacts in my mailbox. I don't know why people are so quick to call "SCAM", but, I've had good luck with this company! Maybe people need to call the company and speak with someone before posting negative reviews.

• Tr
      3rd of Feb, 2014

Sent them 4 emails no reply still don't have contacts.. Most likely a scam. It still says order pending on the website and no conformation email was ever sent back. Guess I'm out the $buyer beware don't pay these guys with paypal they won't send or complete your order.

• Ha
      1st of Jul, 2014

I actually had a wonderful experience with them. I just ordered my night and day optix lens on June 16th and received them in the mail on June 30th. So I'm not sure what happened with other people, but they took care of my needs. They even emailed me right after my order asking me to clarify what the base curve should be. I live in USA.

• Ju
      27th of Jan, 2016

Is that save to buy contact lenses from EUEyeWear or Optica Iberica (which previously were named Optical Institute) websites, does anyone has the most recent experience? They say that payments by credit cards or PayPal are accepted, however, this option doesn't exist anymore. I guess why? Maybe due to their unreliability, they were removed from customers lists by credit card and paypal companies? To pay by bank transfer for me seems unreliable. I contacted them 3 times by online contact form, but no any response received in 3 weeks.

• Ju
      3rd of Feb, 2016

Ordered my contacts at the beginning of this month, paid by bank transfer, and despite emailing 4 times and phoning three times (it says please try again later) I have not had any response. This is a shame as I ordered a contact lense from them in August 2015 and their service was excellent! Whats going on?!