ETourandTravel / Can not cancel the vacation package!

1 Canada Review updated:

My complain is basically similar to the other complain's. I was contacted by etourandtravel offering me also a Mexico vacation package and this was actually why I responded to them,because I was interested to go to Mexico and to relax on the beach,last year I was in Cuba for 7 Day's and the package was $ 1450.00 all included for me and my wife. Anyway a lady called me after few day"s and started to talk about orlando and daytona I told her that I was looking for Mexiko but she managed to convince me that the other package is better,on the end of our conversation she asked me for my CC # and I gave it to her thinking that they are not going to charge me until I see the DVD.Few day's later I got the DVD and I was not very much impressed,so I send them an Email to cancel the package,this was only 7 day's later,they respond to me that they can not cancel it via Email!!!??? Why? They want to talk with me I knew if I talk to them they will try to convince me again,I told them if they want to talk with me they can call me in canada and whe will talk. They never responded to that. Well now the 15 day's cancellation timeframe is past and I am charged $498.00 and I can not do anything about it. I am not going to this trip I am not getting my money back, I think I did cancel on time but they does not accept Email cancellation, I don't know what to do. I don't know how is it possible to have companies like this, somebody should shut them down because this what they are doing is not human. I hope somebody will break their neck and I wish them to get the same back what they did to us but 1000 times worser.

Comments

• Je
      13th of Sep, 2007

I was also scammed into that as well but I have until tomorrow to cancel and I will put in there face we will see who laughs last

• Rk
      29th of Jul, 2009

Rather than repeat many of the complaints that have been conveyed by many about the deception by this telemarketing business, I would like to express what everyone with a complaint about this company needs to do. Go to http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Economic_Crimes

Yes, you can lodge a complaint with the Forida BBB but they don't actually take action. They merely put them on a "Complaints" list.

Fill out the complaint form on line. Be sure to list how you were deceived and how additional charges whcih weren't explained appeared against your account. Also, how you were deceived with how you could cancel within fifteen days.

I initiated Fraud Charges with my bank to retrieve my $99 just in case they try not crediting my account.

• 56
      28th of Mar, 2010

Ok people, I just got sucked into this vacation thing. I have read severaly posts that say Etour and Travel do not accept email for cancellation. How did any of you cancel, do you have to call them in order to cancel.

I need to know A.S.A.P. so I can cancell.

I can't believe I got sucked in to this, I usally very careful and would never give out my CC# over the phone. Help me people...

• Pu
      6th of May, 2011
    eTourAndTravel - Can not cancel the vacation package
    eTourAndTravel

I was contacted by etourandtravel offering me also a Mexico vacation package and this was actually why I responded to them, because I was interested to go to Mexico and to relax on the beach, last year I was in Cuba for 7 Day's and the package was $ 1450.00 all included for me and my wife.

Aniway's a lady called me after few day"s and started to talk about orlando and daytona I told her that I was looking for Mexiko but she managed to convince me that the other package is better, on the end of our conversation she asked me for my CC # and I gave it to her thinking that they are not going to charge me until I see the DVD.

Few day's later I got the DVD and I was not very much impressed, so I send them an Email to cancel the package, this was only 7 day's later, they respond to me that they can not cancel it via Email!!!??? why? They want to talk with me I knew if I talk to them they will try to convince me again, I told them if they want to talk with me they can call me in canada and whe will talk, They never responded to that.

Well now the 15 day's cancellation time frame is past and I am charged $498.00 and I can not do anything about it.I am not going to this trip I am not getting my money back, I think I did cancel on time but they does not accept Email cancelation, I dont know what to do.I dont know how is it possible to have companies like this, somebody should shut them down because this what they are doing is not human, I hope somebody will break their neck and I wish them to get the same back what they did to us but 1000 times worser.