ESBI / Fraud

Just received my verizon phone bill with charge for 13.60 for voice mail service from esbi who is this how can they put charges on my phone when I don’t know who they are and have never received service from them this is fraud, fraud, fraud. How can a company keep billing for this two months ago it was another company for the same thing the same amount and verizon was suppose to put a block on for misc charges but here we go again just a different name now wonder poor ppl are poor and rich ppl are rich how do they do this.

Va

Comments

• Su
      24th of Jul, 2008

I got charged voicemail also for $12.95 and charged for internet listing. I did not agree to either and they are buried on page 23 of 24 in my bill. Gone on over a year!

• Gl
      24th of Jul, 2008

I spent six hours going though every browser history for the last month after getting a $12.95 extra charge on today's phone bill. It didn't take long to find scores of other people with stories like mine. The FTC filed a complaint against this company in 2001 got them to refund $350, 000 in ill gotten gains. 7 years later and ESBI is at it again. They say I signed up for a Fax service. Why would I do this when I fax things with no problem any way.
    I am sure they are doing this, hoping nobody will notice. I have a agreement with Vorizen to not get any third party charges. ESBI has found a way to get around these details. They think it is easy money!

• Bo
      12th of Aug, 2008

They got me too - - this company is a SCAM...they told me that they must have typed an incorrect phone number and that's how my account got switched...federal/state regulation should be 3rd party verification on all telecommunications services

• Le
      21st of Sep, 2008

just received ATT bill and was charged 29.90 for some service from esbi that I don't even know what it is for . I went on browser for esbi and e-mailed them a little note about what they could do with their bill and that I would have my ATT service disconnected and that they could go to hell.

• Br
      17th of Oct, 2008

I was charged on my AT&T phone bill $15.70 for email service from ESBI, which I have never heard of and obviously never signed up for it. Someone is scamming is us. They should be investigated & put out of business.

• Ad
      20th of Oct, 2008

Company bill o my phone number - when i called they say they bill on bhalf od third party - then refuse to say who authorize it - did not refund money - happens 2 times.

• Va
      24th of Nov, 2008
    ESBI - Scam and theft
    ESBI
    esbi.ie

I had called ESBI ETS and they said that I had ordered this internet place and I didn't and they said that it would be taken care of and stop the billing my phone company Qwest It also reads on my phone bill that they would or can not remove this and that they would find a way for me to pay the bill that I never ordered.

• Bo
    ESBI - Un authorized bill
    Michigan

ESBI added a charge to my Verizon bill. Don't even Know what it is.
    BLVD network LLC electronic Fax MOfee ??????

26th of Nov, 2008

I work for a major telecom company and I constantly get customers who are billed by this and other "3rd party billers" without knowledge or permission. USUALLY this happens when a customer answers an online survey or contest ("Get a free $100 gift card just for taking survey" etc.) and there is usually some sort of disclosure (3 pgs. of fine print that people don't usually read) that says by accepting you will be billed by XYX company for this service.

26th of Nov, 2008

Don't be a victim! Read your bill every month and contact your phone provider asap to dispute charges, sometimes they can credit your account and help you dispute it with the 3rd parties. Be careful (and warn family members) about giving out your tel. # online for any reason.

• Gr
      26th of Nov, 2008

The problem is that customers dont have the time to validate their cellphone bills. MyValidas.com will do exactly this: Our website finds errors, points out all your downloads, gives tips on avoiding these charges, optimizes your rate plan, gives a cross carrier analysis and even automates an email to your carrier so you dont have to spend the time calling in our recommendations!
    Go to MyValidas.com and upload your bill for free. You can see the savings we offer, if you dont like it, dont buy it.
    Everyone that uses MyValidas.com LOVES the experience!

• Va
      4th of Dec, 2008

I am being charged for services that I did not apply for and the phone numbers that are listed for the company billing is not in service 1-800-660-6574. This is the first time that these charges have appeared on my bill and they are unavailable for a response or cancellation of services.

• Pe
      17th of Dec, 2008

I received my phone bill w/ this miscellaneous charges and credits from some voicemail network mo service fee $12.95 for sept.2, then $12.95 for oct. 20th total of $25.90. This is suppose to be a sight for free coupons and free samples. They did credit me for one month still trying to get the 2nd month off and also had to put a block on my phone so they can't do this again. Here we are all trying to service this economy and use coupons and things to save money and you get this, A bill for $25.90 for some sight i didn't even get anything from.

• Mi
      26th of Dec, 2008
    ESBI - Unauthorized Phone Charges
    ESBI
    North Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 888-300-3724

We were charged $15.72 by ESBI as a third party on our Embarq monthly phone bill. We have never heard of this company or ever signed up with them for any service. Embarq refuses to remove these fraudelant charges, & when we call this ESBI, they ask us for information & then hang up on us.

• Mi
      26th of Dec, 2008

What if your local phone company will not back up your dispute & you cannot get through to this ESBI company? Any suggestions??

• Vi
      27th of Dec, 2008

After a careful review of my Verizon phone bill I discovered that I've been charged $12.95 a month since March 2008 for "Blue Dog Online" email and vmail that I never authorized. This service is billed through Verizon as a third party by ESBI. I have tried to contact them by phone and by their website www.billview.com/esbi with no response as yet. Their website appears to be unavailable or offline. I will continue to try the phone number.

• Bz
      7th of Jan, 2009

Im 17 and my dad just said he got charged 14.95 from some ESBI they said I signed up for some free movies/music thing its a load of bull, im not an idiot I think I would remember signing up for some special offer. I tried to find this website that I supposedly signed up for, typed it in on google and all I got was a bunch of websites saying ESBI is a scam.

• Wi
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I too was charged by Blue Dog on my Mass. Verizon bill. ESBI will do nothing for you. You have to go directly to Blue Dog and Verizon, not that this will do much good either. I noticed the $12.95 the first time it showed up on my Aug bill. Blue Dog kept promising me that they were reversing the charge. It never happened. Finally, after canceling my Verizon service, Verizon agreed to bill Blue Dog and take the charge off my final bill. It took over 4 months, a lot of aggravation, a lot of phone calls, and a few seizures.

• De
      15th of Feb, 2009

I just viewed my Verizon bill on line and was shocked to see charges from ESBI on my phone bill totalling 15.89. I have not authorized these charges, nor have I been contacted by this company. I do not have voicemail on my phone line and don't want it. HOW can a company go into your phone account and make these unwanted charges??? THIS IS FRAUD!! Watch your phone bills very closely. I have contacted Verizon and have requested that these charges be removed from my bill. I am waiting to hear back from them now. I just can't understand how something like this is allowed to happen!!! FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!

23rd of Feb, 2009

NOTICED ON MY VERIZON PHONE BILL AN ADDIONAL $14.95 CHARGE FROM ESBI.NEVER HEARD OF THEM.CALLED VERIZON TO DISPUTE THIS CHARGE AND INFORMED THEM THAT I WILL NOT PAY IT!VERIZON IS AWARE OF BOGUS CHARGES FROM ESBI BUT YET THEY PASS ALONG B.S. ONTO THEIR CUSTOMERS.