Epson Printer / Customer Service

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Plz don't buy Epson printer because there is no support service. You have to pay for long distance to get the services.

Ru

Comments

• Jg
      10th of May, 2009

Epson has an 800 number for US support, you don't have to pay for long distance.

Don't know where you went looking for support, but you get it from the website. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/AboutEpsonConnection.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&Category=#section1 (for the US)

You indicate in your complaint you are in Tx so you would use the US support page.

You also don't say what kind of support you need - there are different sections for different support. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/AboutContactUs.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&Category=Help

I am in Canada and have an Epson printer and haven't had any problems accessing or getting support from them.

• Wa
      26th of Sep, 2013

Epson Stylus NX125

The device worked for about half a year. I do not much printing. I had done perhaps 50 pages.

When I replaced the low-quantity cartridges with regular ones and turned the power on, the printer went through its motions but when it stopped, the red light stayed on along with the green. I tried to print and was told: "Remove paper jam...power off... disconnect power cord and printer cable... wait a few minutes..." There was no paper jam. I did what I was told and turned the printer back on. Now the three lights were on -- green and the two reds -- flashing.

I phoned support several times. Technicians in the Philippines talked me through the paces. To no avail. They were not bad but the only answer they finally came up with -- take the device, by now almost a year old, back to the place where you bough it. They must havee a record of my calls, if not of the (unaswered) messages I sent.

I had bought it at Walmart. Walmart washed its hands of it: "We warantee electronic devices for only 90 days." Frustrated, nay furious, I took it back home. Kept trying and wasted a set of (scandalously) expensive cartridges cuz it seems every time you turn the printer on, it does some priming, which costs ink.

My old clonker of an hp deskjet (630C) still sort of works. I has been tiding me over. Now that I have a little more time I'll give vent to my anger with Epson. I'll write my story everywhere -- Facebook, Twitter, all tho people I know, some of the lists I am on. Unless I get some response form Epson at last. I'll conclude my story with the warning: "Hands off Epson... product mediocre... support lousy, "

Ambros Prechtl MA ND PhD
    waterbuf@eastlink.ca
    902-477-8221

• Wa
      25th of Mar, 2014

I'll never touch an Epson printer again. HP yes. There is simply no comparison.