Emusic / I got scammed

United States Review updated:
Emusic does scam. When you cancel your account, they send you an email if you click on it they automatically reactivate your account and they DO NOT tell you or send you a confirmation email. I am currently trying to get my wasted $90 back because I did not track my credit card charges well enough. My bad but YES THEY DO SCAM. Oh and they will not give you a refund even though they can see you never downloaded any music and did mean to cancel your account 8 months ago... They also will nto let you talk to any supervisors and hold you hostage when you try to call and complain. I reported them to the BB also.

Just want people to know that even so called legit companies can scam.

Comments

Ob
  25th of Feb, 2009
EMusic is a joke, DON’T JOIN. I joined believing their claims about having the largest music selection on the web. After getting into their site and trying to download music from artists I had actually heard of I couldn’t find a single one. What a joke. If you want music you have actually heard on the radio get your music somewhere else.
Da
  5th of May, 2009
If you put your profile on hold, meaning you don't want to be charged for another month since you didn't find the music you were looking for at that time. You'd better use you credits before 30 days is up. They will delete your unused credits and not refund you. It is a total rip off of your money. Plus, their customer service is horrible-namely Clyde Shepard. Very rude and downright mean.

Dan
Au
  23rd of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I signed up for a free trial but cancelled. I got an email with a "special offer" asking me to rejoin. When I clicked to investigate I was re-enrolled without any warning or authorisation from me. This is a deeply dishonest business and I advise all to avoid it. I am attempting to get my credit card charged reversed. Will advise on progress.
Ti
  15th of Feb, 2010
I am looking for enough people who have been illegally and manipulately billed by e-music to file a class action lawsuit against the company through the states Attorney Generals office.
Ch
  10th of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
"I was duped by an email inviting me to 'check out a new offer' and one click later I was billed - it turns out that they had kept my billing information from a prior account which I had cancelled. "

They did the same to me - my experience with the prior account was fine and it was quite clear that you have to cancel before the free trial ends or be charged. I did this and no problems there, was not charged.

But a few months later I got an email offering 75 free downloads if I rejoin and when I clicked more info to check it out, one click later I had been billed - without even logging in or re-entering card details! Very deceptive. I liked emusic and was thinking about rejoining anyway but after this trick I will NEVER use them again.
Au
  10th of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
After a fight I did get a refund but what a shonky outfit.
Mi
  18th of Oct, 2010
contact the BBB. That's what I did.
Em
  22nd of Feb, 2011
I have no Idea howthis company, got my prepaid debit card info. they have tryed to debt my card weekly since 8-26-09, (per conversation with Shelly at the emusic company, confirmation # 102741822) I onlygot the card from walmart 2010. I cancelled today 2-22-11. But never signe up! they are refunding 2 payments, but one for 9-22-10 is to old for their system to refund? I am not a music lover, never have been one to buy music or go to concerts. I listen that is it and enjoy it. healthtecsystems@gmail.com

eMusic.com Logo eMusic.com