Emusic / Online fraud

These people are maliciously fraudulent, and I would not recommend doing business with them in any manner. I certainly can not recommend their "free trial offer" anyway... it's inherently flawed and intentionally deceptive. They say you have a free Audiobook download for your trial, and that if you don't cancel within 2 weeks or so, it will go to a pay account. Okay, that's fine. What they don't tell you, except in extremely vague legalize in their "Terms of Service" is that if you use the one "free" download, it apparently means to them that you want to become a full paying member! So unless you want a "free trial" that consists of downloading absolutely nothing, I would not recommend trying it. The fact that they run such practices makes me question their ethics in general as well, and I would not want to do any business with such a shady company, myself. I contacted them disputing the charges and they did nothing, so I will dispute them with my CC company.

Th

Comments

10th of Jun, 2010

"I was duped by an email inviting me to 'check out a new offer' and one click later I was billed - it turns out that they had kept my billing information from a prior account which I had cancelled. "

They did the same to me - my experience with the prior account was fine and it was quite clear that you have to cancel before the free trial ends or be charged. I did this and no problems there, was not charged.

But a few months later I got an email offering 75 free downloads if I rejoin and when I clicked more info to check it out, one click later I had been billed - without even logging in or re-entering card details! Very deceptive. I liked emusic and was thinking about rejoining anyway but after this trick I will NEVER use them again.

4th of Jan, 2012

Fully agree that emusic.com is a malicious company making money from tricking consumers into monthly re-occuring charges on the credit card that have never been approved by the consumer. In my case, the company charged for more than a year and unfortunately, I did not notice this on my credit card. When I did notice and called to cancel, they said that all charges are non-refundable. This is despite them clearly seeing and knowing that I've never used their services. I have now read so many similar reports online and I cannot help to think what a shame it is for a company like this emusic.com to exist, largely based on these malicious, fraudulent charges.

• Tr
      27th of Mar, 2012

Same thing, charged account for trialo that I didn't even use up. I am disputing the charge thru me credit card and my next stop is the better business bureau.