Emirates - Flight / cancellation of flight and bad customer care

1 Sudan Review updated:

Because of some security problems, the Emirates flight on 10th May 2008 from Khartoum to Dubai was cancelled, I managed to get another booking on Monday 12th May, but the flight was also cancelled, so I couldn’t catch a very important appointment in USA which I was supposed to enter through New York airport (via EK). My complain is that the passengers found a very tough treatment from Emirates staff, especially a lady called Fida (she is like a supervisor in the operation staff) in Khartoum Airport Office. She closed the office at about 3.35 pm after she informed some people who came so early that the flight was cancelled, then she left around 3.45 pm before the check in time (4.30 pm). I myself offered her to help me to open the ticket to another airline but she refused and left quickly before people come and ask her. She didnt aplogise and all passengers felt so bad for the way they were treated. Many other airlines left on time except Emirates. Some people had exams in other country and they missed it. a lot of people gathered near the office but no one from Emirates staff was there.Iam frequent traveller via Emirates. iam even a skywards member having silver card no [protected]. I expect to be compensated from missing my appointment with a US governmental body and from bad treatment from your staff.
Ashraf

Comments

• Ra
      28th of Jan, 2009

i got the same experience with emirates.I booked ticket from saudi arabia (Dammam ) To trivandrum.I went for cancellation.The staff of the Emirates dammam told me that i can't re-route the ticket immediately.For re-routing i have to get consent from the my travel agent.They send some info to the travel agent and wait for three days.But i did'nt get any message and i asked airline staff to cancell the ticket.They told me they are cancelled the ticket and i will get the refund within 3 months.After three months they are saying i availed the ticket.It is very bad experience for me.I searched lot for their customer care.But i didn't get any officials e-mail id.Hope that they are very much fearing the passengers and they will get more complaints .