Eden Cosmetics / Fraud

United States, Texas, Elgin Review updated:
Mineral Elements by Eden
Ordered the "Free Trial Kit", not realizing that there would be a charge if it was not returned in 15 days.
This information was not on the web-site add that I saw!
I am returning it now!
Katie Clark

A  2nd of Feb, 2009 by
I agree today i got a charge of69.00 I have never heard of this place I know nothing about this place i look up phone numbers I found one it was a home number of someone who didnt speak english i dont know what to do but i did call the fraud department at my bank
A  13th of Apr, 2009 by
Phone # I have is 855-394-3965
Try it
A  27th of Oct, 2009 by
A  29th of Nov, 2009 by
Well I am just as mad and probably even a little madder. We have a charge that is pending on our Walmart MoneyCard of $130.41, and we can't stop it from going through because it's a pay cash as you go card. I don't know what is going on here besides we are straight out being ripped off. There is no account number, or phone number listed with the pending transaction, but I did a search on them and came up with 'Eden Cosmetics' 1222 Welsh Road #A3 North Wales, PA 19454 (215)368-3430, but like the previous complaint...I can't understand the person answering the phone. I find it even more strange that on our transaction record says they are in Harrisberg, PA. Then I find this 4 page opt out agreement that you have to unsubscribe five times while reading it to undo what ever they are doing, and it still doesn't release the money. I am fuming mad! Has anyone found an answer to this scam that they are doing?
Look up Eden Cosmetics--Pirvacy policy I can't attach it here
N  4th of Dec, 2009 by
The add for this company said pay $1 recieve our new product. The company tells me that i had 10 days to decide if i want to keep the product or not. NO where did i read that i had 10 days or that they would be charging me $130 EVERY month. I did not sign up for any membership and i need at least $100 back that they took i would like all of it cuz there was no where stating the information that they told me, but i know they want to give me only $50.
A  11th of Dec, 2009 by
These guys are unbelieveable! So I finally get to a "SUPERVISOR" and he says that the debits are automatic and that they cannot be stopped. What a crock! So I said to him "Screw You, I want to see you charge me with a credit card that doesn't exist." And I called my bank and they told me to cancel my card and they will get me a new one. ! That is the only way to do this. These people are ###s. How can you start a trial period when we don't even have the product in our hands yet? Anyways, somebody has to report them to the better business bureau and/or sue the ### out of them.
N  11th of Dec, 2009 by
I had ordered a "Free Sample" offer from them with a $1.00 shipping/handling charge. Or it was suppose to be free. Well, I never received their product, so I knew nothing about it was suppose to be returned or they would charge me $130.00. And didn't think much about it when I didn't get it. Every now and then, we don't receive our mail, it's put in the wrong mailbox, and doesn't get returned to us. We've contacted the post office about this, but nothing has ever been done, and we're not the only one this happens to. And it doesn't happen enough. So I don't order much that doesn't have to be hand delivered.

So anyway, I noticed the charge on my bank account for the $130.00 charge. I contacted both the bank and the company. Had my membership cancelled. But when I talked to the customer service, if that's what you call it, she said since I didn't return the product within 10 days, they could charge me, it was in the information inside the box. Well, I can't return what I never received, and wouldn't see the info regarding the charge, since I didn't receive it. She told me they have verification from the postal system that it was delivered to me. I tried to explain to her, that it was not put in my box. That they did not always put mail in the right box. But she said there was nothing they could do.

This is rediculous and fraudulant. Their site did not say this. If it did, I would not have requested "SAMPLES" because I sure as hell would not pay $130.00 for samples. And if I was going to pay that much for cosmetics, I would buy them from the beauty supply house or from Bare Minerals. Not Eden Cosmetics. Who are they??? That's why I wanted samples, to see if I like them better. But even if they were better, after this, I would NEVER EVER buy anything from them. And I will NOT refer them to anyone. And will tell everyone I know, not to buy from them.

And apparantly from the looks of this site, I'm not the only one that's having problems with them. If they had a quality product, they would not have to do business in this manner to get people to buy their product. Maybe they should focus their attention on improving their product and customer service, and people would buy it. But not in this manner.

I want my money returned to me!!!
A  16th of Dec, 2009 by
I have the samples that were sent and they charged me $1 for that on 12/2/2009 so that's okay. But then on 12/14/2009 I have a charge of $130.41 on my bank card that I did not authorize. Has anybody had any luck canceling these transactions and getting them reveresed?
N  2nd of Jan, 2010 by
the very same thing happened to me and i tried desperately to explain to the gentleman on the phone that i did not agree to any such thing and that i was called before my "trial offer" was shipped and told that id be contacted on my reciept of the product for feedback. I was told however, that i cannot return the unused product and $130.81 was likewise deducted from my account. This is fraud at its highest degree!!!
A  4th of Jan, 2010 by
Same thing with me.. Except I recieved it and I returned it within a week.. Their product is not worth even ordering the free sample.

Regardless if you would have gotten it and returned it you still would have gotten charged the $130.41 for the trial.

I returned it and cancelled my account within the week of recieving the trial and I got charged today for it.. Months later.

When I called the lady told me there was nothing they could do. I told them B.S they could give me my money back immediatly. I told them this was not a joke and I am not playing games with them.

If they can take money that they should not be touching then they can return it!

This company is a scam and their product is not worth them sending it or anyone ordering.
A  24th of Jan, 2010 by
on the website at the bottom of the page there is a link to terms of offer. in the fine print you have 10 days to try the product. Your trial period starts on the ship date. not the date you received it. it takes up to 5 days to get to you so you really have 5 days to try it and ship it back to them before they start charging the card you gave them for the free trail Shipping and handling. by clicking i agree to the terms and conditions you give them the right to charge you. it sucks but they get you in the fine print. always look for a link at the bottom of any page saying terms of offer. i got screwed on another product by not doing it so i always check now.
N  6th of Jun, 2010 by

Eden Cosmetics - Fraudelent Services
Eden Cosmetics

Stay away from the Dell ad that says to try 2 thing to get a free comupter. I did try 2 things and wanted to send them back and my account was already charged. Then the Dell ad asked to choose 5 more things!
They say they give you 10 days for the trial order and you pay $1.00 but I emailed immediatly to talk with them and they didn't return any answrs to my question until the time was up. They cancelled me and charged my account before the time limit was up. IT'S A SCAM!!! Beware!
N  6th of Jun, 2010 by
A  14th of Jul, 2010 by
My wife fell for the same scam thankfully I questioned her about the $3.95 shipping charge and two others for $1.00 each. All three originated with a "get a free iPad" offer on Facebook but instead registered her for makeup and tooth whiting products. I immediately cancelled the credit card she used and had a new one issued.
A  7th of Aug, 2010 by
Had the same experience with Eden Cosmetics. This company utilizes very poor consumer business practices and makes it money through fine print. Who starts a trial period the day a product ships. If you are providing a 10 day trial, then the consumer should have 10 days to use the product.

The company maintains rigid return policies so they can prey on consumers and charge $69 or $130 each time a customer does not pay attention to ALL the fine print. If they are starting the trial period the day they ship the product, if they were truly interested in customer service, they would highlight the trial end date when then send a shipment confirmation email.

Unfortunately, it seems there have been a number of consumers who have been caught by this scam. I contacted the BBB and submited a complaint.

Stay away from this company!
N  17th of Aug, 2010 by

Eden Cosmetics - scam and fraud
eden cosmetics

i ordered the supposedly trial offer for one dollar. no where did it say that in ten days i would be charged $130.41. if that were the case i would never have ordered it. i called and a very rude man by the name of terry told that i should have read the terms of the agreement. i told him there were no terms to be read. He told me that because i had not returned the make-up with-in ten days that i had to pay for it.there was nothing mentioned in the ad referring to any of this. ten days is not even enough time to try the make-up to see if it agrees with your skin and then get it back. he told me that i could not send it back now, that it was too late, so they deducted $130.41 from my debit card. after a heated discussion, he agreed to close my account. he gave me a confirmation number, and assured me that no further charges would be taken from my account. but none of my money was recovered. this company is ripping people off THEY SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN AND NOT ALLOWED TO ADVERTIZE ON THE INTERNET I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE DISPLEASED WITH THIS SHAM AND SCAM COMPANY!
A  17th of Aug, 2010 by
I fell for the same thing. I mailed the sample back to the company and they returned it to me!!! stating I didn't have the correct RMA # on it. Well it was now convienently past the trial and I was charged for it. After arguing with the cusotmer service supervisor, she finally credited half of my money back. Such scam artists!!
D  10th of Sep, 2010 by
There are terms to read... a whole page accessible via a tab on their home page labled TERMS of Offer. You just have to pay attention and read it. I say this because I went looking around after I found out my husband ordered a trial for me. Also I called their number to ask a few questions and the rep I talked to made VERY sure I knew what I would be charged, when and how often.

They provide the imformation it's our responsibility to actually do our homework. I liked the makeup so I kept it and am still enrolled in their club. If I decide to cancel and have problems getting them to cancel my account I will post an update comment.

I do think the trial should begin when you receive the product NOT when it is shipped but I also know a number of companies use this same practice and apparently it's legal because they keep on doing it that way.

Below is the address to the Terms of Offer page

A  28th of Oct, 2010 by
I got duped by the same company. All I did was get on line and go see a video from my facebook page. The next thing I know, I'm filling out some kinda SCAM page. I don't even know what it was for, but "of course" it was something for "free". These people were calling me the next day while I was as work. The thing that "hooked" me in was the "free gas vouchers", which, of course, a pain in the neck to fill out, mail in (every month) with your gas receipt and make sure to send a "self-addressed-stamped-envelope". I sent the kit back the very next day I got it. But I didn't know I was suppose to have a RMA# on it. I'm going to try my darndest to catch that package and have somebody write that stupid number on it for me. And I will DEFINATELY get my measly $10.00 gas voucher every month, even if it will be a pain in the butt.
N  25th of Nov, 2010 by
Recieved SAMPLE cosmetics not knowing I would be charged $69.41. I have to wait until Nov. 29, 2010 to call due to a Holiday. But I will be demanding my money back!