Econolodge / not clean room

1 100 sw 26th drNorman, OK, United States
Phone: 405 364 5554

Found a room at this EconoLodge three days after the horrendous tornado on May 20, 2013 through AARP website. Only room we could find to book for three days since the relatives we were visiting in Moore OKLA. for an anniversary celebration were displaced after the tornado ripped their neighborhood apart..
When arrived, did not give AARP discount. Said the discount they give is all there is.
Room had patches of paint on walls, no nonskid on tub, patches in concrete on the outside walks, and bedskirt was very wrinkled, like it had just been taken out of box. Towels were paper thin less than one would find at Motel 6.
Two piles of dog poop were near our door the next am. I reported it and they said they would take care of it. Second day when we arrived back at room, it had not been cleaned. Called desk at 11:00 pm. was told no one in charge was there. He had gone on vacation for the weekend. No housekeeping people were there. Said all they could do was send up new sheets and we could change the bed. I said, then I don't think I should have to pay. ten minutes later a woman appeard at the door. W hen we opened the door, she walked in uninvited carrying the sheets and towels. My husband took the towels to the bathroom. She proceeded to change the bed stating I must keep in mind it was unintentional the room wasn't cleaned. They were booked and very busy. People make mistakes. I stated it seemed more people shold have been called to work then. She said she was in charge and she didn't like how I talked to her girl. I stated I was not impolite, merely asked why our room wasn't cleaned, and if I had to change the bed, I should not pay for the room. I stated the point was it wasn't cleaned. She argued with me and then said, if I didn't like it to just leave. When I asked where she thought we would go, she said she could call the police and have us kicked out. I asked if Police kick out people from hotels because we are unhappy the room wasn't cleaned. My husband came in the room and she told him to calm down his woman. HE told her she needed to calm down and stop being so rude. That I wasn't loud like her. I asked her to just leave. She had taken off the pillowcases, and when she kept ranting, I told her again to leave. She threw down the pillowcases, and said Fine, I was going to change the bed for you, but I am not now. She threw down the clean sheets and left. Sheleft the dirty towels outside by the door, and they were still there the next morning at 10:00am. No new amenities were delivered. A few minutes later she called and stated she had talked to housekeeping and they siad my husband had told the housekeeper when she came to clean up the poop to not clean the room all day. He talked with her and she told him the same. He said we were told no one was in charge and no housekeeping was there. How did she get that information. No notice was put on door, and he did not say that to the housekeeper. She yelled int eh phone, "you need to calm down your woman." He said she isn't even on the phone. She hung up on him. We checked out, not staying the third night we had reseverd. We made sure we would not be charged. Charges for the third night were on our credit card. When I called about it, thewoman stated we would have to deal with the manager, and they only saw two nights at their end. Later the third night was removed from our credit card. She stated they woud report the incident with the room not being cleaned and the rude woman to the manager, and he would have to deal with it. He sent an email and stated the housekeeper was told not to clean the room. He said he dealt with the complaint. We have asked from the onset to refund the charges for the second night since we did not have a clean room, and were frightened with the threats and rough talking from the low class woman who barged in our room.
I am wrting AARP to ask for the same. AARP should not recommend this hotel to anyone, and put them through what we went through. If you don'ttake our word for the conditions, I invite you to do an undercover boss visit and see for yourself. Based on the many complaints about EconoLodge, I think AARP should not include them in your recommendations any longer. We never dreamed it would be this bad with our previous times staying at EconoLodge. Rudy Araza. maaraza@msn.com

Ru