[Resolved] ECCObiodegradable shoes

Dear Sir / Madam
As this is the 2nd pair of Ecco shoes that the soles have broken down on while sitting in my wardrobe I have learned that if one is needing good shoes then one needs to buy Rockport.
I feel that if Ecco are going to make biodegradable shoes both the upper & lower should be biodegradable.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Waverley, MA It is annoying when the sole turns to sponge rubber or worse but the uppers are perfectly OK. Also I would think that they should be advertised as biodegradable.
May I be so rude as to suggest that Ecco stop making shoes altogether & go into producing paper towels as it wouldn't matter if they broke down.
With thanks
Geoff Martin

• Resolution statement

• Ecco Customer Care's Response, Dec 05, 2018

Geoff
    What is occurring with the soles is called Hydrolysis. Hydrolysis damage occurs when moisture builds up in the thousands of air bubbles found in the polyurethane soles. This has occurred in less than 1% of our shoes and most often occurs with some of the older styles. We do stand behind our shoes if this occurs. If not worn for a considerable amount of time, or stored correctly, the moisture build-up causes the soles to break down. Shoes made with the polyurethane soles should be kept in a cool dry spot which is well ventilated. If your shoes have this problem, simply submit a warranty claim so the shoes can be sent in for inspection by our Quality Assurance team. Once inspected, if it is hydrolysis, you will receive a redemption coupon code that will enable you to select a replacement pair on-line at us.ecco.com.

To submit a Warranty Claim, simply visit us.ecco.com . On the bottom navigation, under SERVICES, select Warranty. The Warranty Claim process will be explained in detail.

ECCO USA Customer Service