EasyCare Vehicle Service Contracts / Non - compliant

United States, Berkeley CA Review updated:
Berkeley CA
I purchased a 2012 Audi A3 with 45k miles on it in 2013. It now has 60k miles and a coolant leak. The Audi dealer has found that is a broken part inside of the engine. EasyCare is saying this isn't a "mechanical breakdown" per the contract. First, if a broken part inside the engine isn't a mechanical problem, what is? Second, how come EasyCare is both the accuse and judge?? What about Audi dealer saying it is a mechanical problem???
Jul 30, 2015

A  13th of Jan, 2016 by
I bought an easy care "maintenance" agreement from Audi Central Houston TX .. what a nightmare .. Easycare is a SCAM and is practicing DECEPTIVE TRADE. Audi participated in this scam. It has been a NIGHTMARE .. I bought a used car and in the first 6 months had the headlight ballast go out .. Easycare REFUSED TO PAY .. saying they don't cover headlights .. this is not a lamp/bulb this is a COMPUTER PART that loads up all the information to burn the headlights on the car $775.00 .. then the raditor resourvier failed .. EASYCARE will not pay .. I have contacted Audit Central and received an email from Danny Posey the the GM .. who said he would be calling me .. but I haven't heard from him. This is intential misrepresentation by Easycare and Audi. I am also contacting Audi "corporate" which control who sells Audi's in the USA .. I beleve the person I need is Pete Hamilton.

Buying a car is a miserable experience anyway .. they ALL DEALERSHIPS are horrible. Some are LESS horrible .. but most dealerships are out to get your money and then act apathetic. Cars are so expensive today that is just not acceptable.

EASYCARE .. please write the State where they are based .. I think it's Georgia .. and write your attorney general referencing deceptive trade.
A  13th of Jan, 2016 by
Easycare is deceptive trade and Audi Central in Houston Tx sold me a policy with full knowledge this was NOT an "extended warranty" but a "maintenance agreement" with legalize that can be construed to be "exclusionary" at the whim of Easycare. I had a headlight ballast fail which is the computer part that loads up the headlights on the car so the car will have headlights .. not a lamp/bulb. Easycare refused to pay. I had the radiator resourvier fail .. Easycare said NOT OUR PROBLEM. This is a deceptive trade and a scam. I have written the Attorney General for the State of Texas and report Easycare and Audi. Audi Central in Houston professes to be t his this highly rated auto dealership. Well it is not .. it just another car dealership out to RIP OFF the general public. They lied about just about everything.

Easy care is a SCAM. They mispresent themselves and then charge HUGE cancellation fees if they have your money. They pay for NOTHING .. and I mean NOTHING. I am reporting this to Audi "corporate" which is the group that heads up the dealerships in America and I am also contacting BMW as they should be ashamed of putting a product like what I bought on the road. I have driven BMW's since the 1970's and never seen such a mess of a car as this used X5 I purchased. with only 39K on it.

STAY AWAY FROM EASYCARE .. they are an amoral company.

EasyCare Logo EasyCare