Easy Saver / Unauthorized charges!

1 Lanham, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-444-9491

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: [protected], which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.

Va

Comments

• Vi
      18th of Aug, 2008

Thanks for the blog post -- and the posted phone number. I think I have straightened out the charges but I'm going to re-consider ever using Pro-Flowers again!

• Jk
      20th of Aug, 2008

In a weird way it's comforting to know that many before me have gone through this kind of mess. I, too, got the same charges on my credit card and decided to google it to find out what it was and lo and behold, I come across this site! Thank you all for your complaints and experiences. I called Easy Saver and they cancelled my membership and when I demanded all my money back (they've been scamming me for at least 3 months), the lady I spoke to kindly refunded all charges, without a fight.

Luckily, my case is resolved but I will NEVER order from proflowers.com ever again.

death to proflowers.com.

• La
      22nd of Aug, 2008

Thank you--just called that awful company and they said I would be getting a credit for the money (14.95), which I did NOT authorize. They said I clicked something to get a discount. Even if I did, I surely didn't click anything telling someone it would be ok to charge me.

• Ta
      22nd of Aug, 2008

OMG!! I just figured out that I am being charged for Easy Saver too! What a shocker to discover this is Proflowers. I have bought a TON of stuff with them and I will be SO furious if they don't refund my money! I did happen to click on an advertisement for this service on my last order but I did NOT sign up for it. I can't believe this complaint is from back in 1/2008 and they are still doing it!!!

Can you say "Hello" to the BBB, Proflowers??? I can't be more disappointed...

• Ab
      23rd of Aug, 2008

Dag gone it! I'm sick of Easy Saver. You can't get away from them! I called and raised he** and told them I didn't order anything and never used it if I did which I didn't. She claimed I did not uncheck some box on some site. I blew a fuse and she promised to remove only the latest charge. Well months later here it is again on our Visa card. We tried but we can't dispute a charge that is pending. I always look for the hidden tiny box now that is checked and has to be unchecked in order not to confirm. Doesn't seem like this is legal. If anyone finds out about a class action suit (since our government obviously isn't going to fix this) just let me know. I want to drop my name in the hat and don't care if I never see a penny. I just want these creeps to stop getting away with this.

• Ev
      25th of Aug, 2008

I just saw this today on my cc statement.
    I called and had it disputed and then was automatically transferred to "the merchant." They cancelled it right away for me, and I only ended up getting charged for one month (I guess I signed up for a 30 day trial in May) that took me through June and I missed it in July. I got my $$ back, but I have used proflowers for about 7 years and have never had any issues. I am shocked that things happened this way.

• Cl

big rip off

25th of Aug, 2008

This same thing has happened to me! How can a company as big as ProFlowers allow something as sleazy as this to happen?

27th of Aug, 2008

Call Pro Flowers first. They will call Easy Saver for you and get full credit!

• Li
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I learned of my $14.95 charge one year after my "so-called" agreement to their membership. Our monthly charge was unfortunately overlooked because of the Easy Saver merchant name being on our credit card bill and my husband assuming it was for some kitchen aide and never inquired about it and we just paid our bill off each month. However, when it finally was looked into and we realized that we've been charged this fee for one year, we contacted Easy Saver and spoke with a representative whose manager was Virginia Lease and said she would refund us $194.35. We will wait to see that the correction is made.

I ordered some flowers from Pro Flowers. However, I never sign up for any 30 day trial memberships and would never sign up for discounts on hotels, cruises, etc., as I have two small children and do not travel much. I have not received any services over this past year from this so-called membership. I have received a few e-mails that offered a discount on hotels but considered it spam mail and deleted them.

Easy Saver is absolutely a fraudulent company. Never was there a follow-up e-mail from them letting me know that I signed up for their membership. And, never was there a mailed letter letting me know of the month charge that would be placed on the credit card I used for ordering flowers. They claim there was a place that I entered my e-mail address and accepted this membership. My e-mail address was only entered for use of sending flowers and no where did I sign up for a membership. The print must be fine and there is no additional information about your membership ever sent.

If anyone is having difficulty in receiving their money back, I am available to do whatever needed to help a class action suit against Easy Saver. If more people come together with their experience, we can put this company out of business.

I will make my complaint with the Better Business Bureau and encourage all of you to do the same. There are those out there that aren't aware they signed up for this membership and are still being charged fraudulently.

Lisa

• Ro
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I had a similar experience. I didn't notice the charge for 5 months. I called EASY SAVER to cancel the "service" and they agreed to credit back the charges for the last two months . I informed them that I was filing a fraud claim with my bank for the previous three charges and I am awaiting the outcome of that claim.

• De
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I got my 4 months back by not giving in and mentioning the many, many complaints that I was looking at as I was talking to them. I was relentless and told them that anything less than the full 4 months was unacceptable and my next calls would be to every local and federal agency. How can this many people be wrong? This is a scam and fraud. I gave ProFlowers authorization to charge my credit card for flowers. I DID NOT enter my credit card information a second time giving Easy Saver permission to charge anything. If I was knowingly signing up for their service then I should have been asked to enter my credit card information on THEIR sight. Taking my personal information from ProFlowers is wrong! I called ProFlowers and they had me call Easy Saver. They did not make the call for me. I am amazed that ProFlowers associates themselves with this company. I certainly will never order from them again and I let them know that and I think everyone else should do the same. SCAM!!!

• Vi
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I too have been charged $356.40 @ a rate of $19.80 three times a month since April. I never authorized any such payment. I have canceled my credit card and the company has filed a claim with them to get a total refund. I called the company and they said they would only refund 12 of the 18 payments. I informed them that I wanted all my money back!

3rd of Sep, 2008

I had the same problem with easy saver and american leisure...the number 800-444-9491 is the number to call dont mess around calling anywhere else. They are going to try and tell you that you could have signed up for it at a variety of places dont stand for that demand you money back. luckily i had someone who didnt put up too much of a fight.

• Al
      4th of Sep, 2008

Hi, i just found out that easy savers was charging my credit card $14.95 for several months after I made a purchase from proFlowers. I never signed up for it, i'm not sure what they were charging me for. I will never purchase flowers from ProFlowers again, it is a scam.

• Le
      4th of Sep, 2008

I also have had charges from easy saver for $19.80 and they wont giveme my money back fromthe date it started but they credited my acct for this month. They better not take anymore out. Mine started from bargain network. Which we didnt ask for either.

• Rr
      5th of Sep, 2008

This people is stealing my money!!! Thank to you guys I just found out after months of billing me the same amount of money. These people should be put in jail!! I just can't believe this.

5th of Sep, 2008

I was able to get half of my money back. I'm usually more diligent in noticing billing errors. I should be more careful. The guy couldn't even tell me what the company is. This is ridiculous.

5th of Sep, 2008

I called back and spoke to a manager. I told him I was in college and had nothing better to do with my time than to defame his and proflowers name. He said okay and refunded all of my money. Be aggressive.

9th of Sep, 2008

I too got caught! Shame on me for not reading the fine print. But on the bright side, I called 1 800 355 1837 (Easy Saver) and spoke with Robert who was very helpful and pleasant and cancelled the *membership* as well as reveresed the $14.95 charge. A lesson learned.