Easy Saver / Unauthorized charges!

1 Lanham, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-444-9491

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER [protected] PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: [protected], which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.

Va

Comments

• Ke
      18th of Jul, 2008

I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER 800-355-1837 PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service.

This charge happen to me twice before I done some checking on it. I had to end up calling my bank and closing the credit card they (easy saver) had on their records.

My thoughts on easy saver is a under lined ripe off company!

• Po
      18th of Jul, 2008

I NEED TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP. AND STOP PAYMENT FROM COMING OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCT. THANK YOU POLESHA HEATH

• Vi
      20th of Jul, 2008

I purchased something from Blair - and I think that might be how I somehow got accused of signing up for something called EASY SAVER. I see on the Internet that there have been many complaints similar to mine.

• Je
      21st of Jul, 2008

I found out today there are many online companys that easy saver is hooked up with. Like my wife ordered from Blair online catalog and got dupped. I called Blair and they know there on there site and more or less said It's your problem for not being carefull on what you click on.

• Si
      21st of Jul, 2008

Saw an unauthorized transaction of $1.95 made by Easy Savers that I never made. Googled Easy Savers and was alarmed by the number of people who have had other issues. Plan to make many calls to correct and stop this before it escalates.

• Al
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I just blocked my card because of this unauthorised charge. Pro-flowers and Easy Saver again. 14.95$ for nothing. My last purchase was actually done one month ago.
    I will never use this service again. I can't believe that these people continue to act indisturbed.
    It's simply disgusting.
    Alessia

• Ri
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I am so glad I found this website because I just noticed that $14.95 charge also something else I didn't recognize. This crap has to stop. Thank You for posting this information.

• Me
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I just checked my bank account online and found a $14.95 charge from Easy Saver. Thankfully there was an 800 number attached. When I called I got "Thank you for calling Member Services" and some elevator music. When the girl answered the phone she was very polite and helpful. I had to ask her what company this was Member Services FOR, however, because I had no idea. She explained to me they were called Easy Saver and when I asked her what the charge was about she told me it had something to do with my ProFlowers order. She DID take my address (old) and phone number (unfortunately) before helping me out. She said I entered my email address when ordering my flowers and received an email for the Easy Saver promo offer. Since I didn't cancel this "trial offer" within 30 days, I was being charged. When I told her I did not want to be a part of Easy Saver and that I'd like to cancel it she very quickly and without argument offered a complete refund of my money. We will see how well that goes in "7-10 business days."

I do agree - Shame on ProFlowers and other companies who allow their customers to be duped by this. They shouldn't have things like this on their site without full and open disclosure at time of purchase!!

• Cl
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I am so glad that I read this complaints board. Easy Saver had been charging my card $14.95 a month for about six months before I realized it. I looked into the transaction and I had no idea what Easy Saver was, so I googled it and found this page.

A few of the times that they charged my card, I did not have enough money in my account which caused my bank to charge me numerous overdraft item fees. It was such a mess and I lost almost $400.00 because of this scam. After reading everybody's complaints, I called Bank of America and spoke with them about it. I filed a claim against Easy Saver with Bank of America.

When I finally spoke to someone on the phone at Easy Saver, they tried to tell me that I authorized the transactions by filling out some sort of form. I have absolutely no recollection of the form, which most likely means that they trick people into agreeing to whatever it is that they do. I still have no clue what it is that they offer. Basically, I asked for a supervisor and told them right away that I know their practice is unethical and that I've already filed a claim. I demanded that they refund ALL the money back. I pretty much just spoke to them in the most condescending and pissed off tone that they had no choice but to give me my money.

In the end, I got my money back...but only after I spent hours on end trying to figure out what was going on. Thank you to everyone on this site for informing me of these idiots! I hope someone out there puts them out of business. Have a good night!

• Ka
      25th of Jul, 2008

Okay so my husband ordered me flowers from pro flowers sometime last year and then again on valentines day 2008. It is now July and he is looking over the credit card bill and notices a charge of $1.95 in Feb. and $14.95 every month afterwards through now July for a total of $91.65. He says he thought it was something I signed up for so he didn't question it until now, ugh. So I google "easy savers" since I have no idea what this charge is and get a slew of results regarding "fraudulent charges" and basically the same exact story as mine. I call 800-355-1837 and try to be nice. She says that my husband did in fact sign up for a program by checking a box that reads something like "if you would like to recieve discounts on your next purchase" and then entering his email address. She said if you keep on reading the next page, you see that easy saver will start charging you after a free period unless you cancel. Obviously fraud because Easy Saver is a seperate company and you never even give them your credit card # or authorize pro flowers to give it to them. Anyway, Helen wasn't that nice and said the most she could credit is two months... I said "NO WAY, let me speak to your manager", she came back and said her manager authorized the entire credit. So hopefully it's over but I am going to complain to Pro Flowers etc. What a headache. Oh and I did bring up the fact that this fraud alert is all over the internet and to not play stupid with me. I dunno if that helped or not.

• Lo
      29th of Jul, 2008

Today I got the second billing of $14.95 from this organization that I have no knowledge of joining. I have never ordered flowers from Proflowers.com. I have ordered books, clothing, airline tickets and wedding gifts on-line but I do not know which time they think I asked to be charged a monthly fee of $14.95. I will be calling the credit card company tomorrow.

• Je
      31st of Jul, 2008

I also bought flowers from Pro Flowers in April and got caught in this scam. I actually love pro flowers but now refuse to use them because they are associated with this scam. I was charged 1.19 in April and didn't even notice it on my bank statement. Then I got hit with a 14.95 charge in May and June and had to Google to even find out who the company was since they just shoe Easy saver on your bill. There are thousands of complaints about this company. I called and she offered to take off one of the 14.95 charges and then I threw a fit and she took off another. Please contact ProFlowers if you get this and voice your complaint about this company besides calling Easy Saver and making a better business bureau complaint.

• Do
      8th of Aug, 2008

Thank you for you posting. I found their charges on my account. I called the phne number listed above 800-355-1837. The gentleman I spoke with was polite. He informed he he would cancel this and refund the charge.

Thank you for the posting.
    Don

• La
      12th of Aug, 2008

I got the same charges. However, as soon as I got them, I called the number. The lady was very nice, and when I checked my account the next day, the $2 charge was taken off. All you have to do is call the number and they take it off. It's really not that difficult. Yeah, the charges are bull and it sucks, but I mean.. whenever there is a bargain, there's always a catch.

• Al
      13th of Aug, 2008

I have the same experience. Rep. Dolores promissed to refund all what they charged - $31.75, but instead refund only $14.95. Shame!

• As
      13th of Aug, 2008

i ordered pro-flowers once and some how ended up talking to someone in EzSaver, after she explained everything to me about the "discounts: i told her i would have to think about it, and that i would call her back if i was interested. i never called her back. 6 months later i realized i have been charged every month at $14.95 from some "EZSVAR". not only have these people stolen money from me but they are doing it to people everyday! This is ridiculous... i called to get my money back, of course they gave be a hard time, but i refused to hang up the phone until i got to speak with a supervisor (which never happened) the employee on the phone with my finally gave in and told me she would refund every charge... NEVER SAW THE MONEY back into my account..
    i wrote them a letter, i called a few more times... WHERES MY MONEY? they are cheaters, liars and i will never work with PRO-FLOWERS again... my lesson has been learned...stick with 1800-flowers, there usually good!

• Da
      14th of Aug, 2008

I too have been billed 14.95 by EASY SAVER because of an order with Pro Flowers. I called the 800 number for EASY SAVER and the immediately said they would credit my account with no hesitation. Apparently they are getting a lot of complaints. No more Pro Flowers For Me AS WELL.

15th of Aug, 2008

It looks like I am one of MANY who got scammed by this company. I called and talked with a rude lady but was able to get all my money back. I am very upset with PROFLOWERS and will NEVER use them again. I will tell all my friends about their practice as well. I will try my hardest to get EASYSAVER and PROFLOWERS placed on the military black list.

• Me
      18th of Aug, 2008

I have ordered from ProFlowers for several years now. So right after Mothers Day I saw the Same charge on my bank account from EzSaver. I called them and they apologized and refinded my money and cancelled the account that I supossedly set up. Initially I was pissed but they were quick to refind my money and I'm just glad to get my money back. As far as Proflowers, I'd love to do business with them again because they have a great produce but I'm a little concerned about having this little situation happen again. I will just be little more careful with them and not accept offers for free stuff. It is not free.

18th of Aug, 2008

This site was very helpful. I was able to call Easy Saver. The service was fast and hastle free. I was able to cancel the service and was promised my money back in about 5 minutes. This is a terrible practice and it really hurts my feelings towards ProFlowers.