Easy Care / Tire warranty

May 12, 2015
Easy Care
My wife leased a new car and, because it had expensive run flat tires which tend to damage easily in our potholed environment, we purchased an $850 tire/rim warranty from the dealer which was issued by Easy Care. We specifically told the dealer's finance person what we were looking to cover, damage to the tires or rims from road hazards, such as pot holes. At about 1, 500 miles, my wife hit a pot hole and the tire developed a 4" by 2" by 1" bulge in the sidewall. It was clearly not safe to drive. I called Easy Care claims and was told that although the tire was damaged and was unsafe (a fact they acknowledged) they wouldn't pay because buried in the small print, which no one reads, is a requirement that says that no matter how badly the tire is damaged, if it is still holding air, they won't pay. I note that this little gem appears on the second page of a three page policy. Strangely, or perhaps not so strangely, the first and third pages are printed in black ink and the second page, on which this limitation appears, is printed in light gray ink, almost as if they didn't want you to read it. I am canceling the policy and should get my money back from the dealership which, by the way, bo longer sells this policy only 3 months after we bought it.

EasyCare Logo EasyCare