Earthlink / over billing

i canceled my services on jan 24 eathlinks agent with held the billing cycle and date that my jan 18 payment was for when asked . In my bill me later statement it states 31 days what are the 31 days arethay jan o r feb? it is not stated .now on billme later statement the math is wrong! $26.90 +$19 =$45.9 NOT $47.90. NOw I can not get any one inperson to talk to me I was told some one from earthlink would call back they never did I was able to chat room with eartlink there only coment was to give a$10 credit to my acct what acct ? my eartlink acct. or my bill melatter acct.?my phone# [protected] email [protected]@yahoo.com

Comments

• Va
      9th of Jan, 2007
    Earthlink - The beginning low rate is a come-on for no service!

I thought paying a "reasonable" rate for internet service was great until I got it. The beginning low rate is a come-on for no service.

Like the others have said, I've waited on line many times for over 20 minutes to get a "service" person. Sometimes after waiting for over 30 minutes I mysteriously get cut off! I've attempted to download my "free" virus and security software several times over the last two weeks but the system won't recognize my password and email address. I've had them re-set by earthlink twice and still can't get anything. I got tricked into buying another virus package from them but after I found out it still did not include a firewall, went through the whole fiasco again and cancelled it. I got so mad the other night I tried to cancel but can't get anyone to answer the damn phone!

• Al
      28th of Jun, 2007
    Earthlink - Terrible EarthLink experience

Hi, my name is alina and i'm writing you about my terrible earthlink experience. After ordering their services they never showed up to install it and they wouldn't even bother calling to cancel my appointments. After many phone calls and a lot of time wasted i decided to cancel because i could not longer wait and had to find another service provider. I called to cancel and was supposed to get a refund but they said i had to wait until i sent the package back, and another 3 weeks after that. I called to ask how it is possible that my money is taken out in 3 days and it takes 3 weeks to get it back and the supervisor (jackie) said she is very sorry but she will make sure i will get my money as soon as possible. The date has passed and nothing happened. That means i have to call again and it will take another hour like every conversation with them. My advice is to contact any other service but this because i guarantee you it can't be any worse. They are unreliable, from the regular employee to the supervisor and is frustrating to hear them that they are sorry but can't help you in any way.

31st of Oct, 2007
    Earthlink - Violation of original agreement

This is a small thing, but it does violate my original agreement AND I've seen the same complaint on several consumer sites, which means Earthlink is raking in a bundle for this. Here's the story:
    I signed up for combined Earthlink Internet and phone services last February for a guaranteed rate of $49.99 a year. I now have a new charge of $5.00 on my invoice for a 'Network Access Charge'. After a very unsatisfying live chat in which I was informed that this fee is mandatory and that, yes, it will be an additional monthly charge from now forward, I stated that this violated my original agreement. The representative actually AGREED with me but said the charge would remain in effect neverthless. $5.00 more a month is not going to break me, but there is a principle involved here and I'm angry about it. I don't understand an agreement in which one party can change the terms in mid-stream.

Is there any recourse? I've already read other recent complaints on the same issue. Can we band together and fight this? Is the FCC a place to start? I might have let this go had I not had numerous previous issues with Earthlink already.

• Pa
      29th of Dec, 2007
    Earthlink - fees
    Earthlink
    Atlanta
    Georgia
    Phone: 1800 earthlink
    www.earthlink.net

I ordered internet service from Earthlink.net, beginning December 2017 up until May 2017. When I first placed the order with Earthlink, they kpt cancelling it, saying I was the one who cancelled it. Nothing I did convinced them that I did not cancel my service. They charged me an early cancellation fee of $175.00 three times. Todate I have not been able to get my money back. They would schedule a date for the technician to visit my home, the guy showed up and told me that they said I cancelled my service, which was a lie. I would like to know how to get my money back. I had tried over and over again, to no avail.

13th of Feb, 2008

I have had many problems with cancelling with earthlink also. I had service for over 1 year. I then was offered new equipment (new modem) from earthlink. I got the new modem, then cancelled my service a few months later. Earthlink then tried to claim that since they sent me a new modem, I was now bound to an additional year contract. I never agreed to this additional year, either verbally or in writing. Eventually, after discussing it with a customer service rep, they agreed to cancel the contract without charge. Then, I suddenly received a bill for $135 and also a notice from a debt collection agency for "early termination of contract". I am currently disputing this bill, because Earthlink is trying to claim a contract where none existed. Do not ever deal with Earthlink. I will never get service from them again.

28th of Mar, 2008

OMG what a horror Earthlink keeps taking money out of my account. I have to call every month and they said they were going to give me a refund but that refund never came. I was supposed to get two month free and I just found out that they took money out of my account again. I just dont know what to do anymore. Can someone pls help.

• Ca
      1st of May, 2008

I've had earthlink internet phone for two months, I've had to reset my modem at least 5 times per day no exageration. I never would have typed this but I've made about 15 phone calls today and have had some of my calls disconnected, or I'll call and the person on the recieving end can't hear me. This happens EVERY DAY I'm not lying. The only reason I'm doing this is because I just had to reset modem and I'm PISSED EVERY DAY. My sister had Vonyage and Power Phone (cheaper and better) and neither as terrible as Earthlink. I'm throwing Earthlink in garbage in 2 days.

4th of Sep, 2008
    Earthlink - Never again
    EarthLink
    earthlink.net

Phone service from EarthLink was not working: dropped calls, calls where we could not hear caller, could not make calls to cell phones at all, echoes, noise. Tried their technical service help, escalated to next level, told that they had changed settings which would fix the problem, but no improvement. Very time-consuming and difficult to get any help, long waits, transfers to empty lines, terrible phone trees. Wanted to cancel service, they insist on $149 termination fee. Make it very difficult to cancel service in any event. Now stuck with non-working phone, uncontrollable charges, what a total nightmare. Never again.

• So
      11th of Oct, 2009
    Earthlink - Nightmare
    EarthLink
    earthlink.net

On June 6th, I switched from AT&T to Earthlink home phone service. It was the WORST decision I have ever made. I am so frustrated with them I could scream, and I have no one to turn to because there is no one to complain to. Here is my story.

On June 6th, I signed up for phone service. I quickly received my new modem and instructions on how to set it up. Everything was fine, my service was up and I figured that was the end of it, WRONG!! As I was talking to people on the phone, they were telling me that there was an echo on the line. This proceeded to happen for about a week before I called and complained. As usually, I got bounced around from person to person, everyone telling me that someone else can help me. I am not exaggerating, once I called and got bounced around 6 times and was on the phone for almost an house (most of it on hold being bounced around, and telling my story over and over). I have told my story to so many people, I could scream.

Anyway, they did finally manage to fix it for a short time (maybe a week) and the problem started to happen again. I threatened to cancel, but they told me they were going to charge me the cancellation fee of $145. I explained that I shouldn't have to pay for crappy service, but they didn't agree. Everyone kept telling me "I will try ... and you monitor it for 24 hrs. and call us back".

Finally, the last straw. They were supposed to send out a technician to help. He got in touch with me and told me coming out would do no good, that he would have to go to the home office and fix the problem there. Then, I get a call he locked his keys in the van and he couldn't help me. This was a Friday so I lived with bad phone service all weekend.

I then called and told Earthlink it still didn't work right and the echo was worse than ever. They informed me that Covad had switched the lines (or whatever terminology they use) and the echo was gone. Well, it was mostly gone, but still there a bit. But, they messed up my line when they did that, and I now have no ring on my phone when someone calls me and when I call someone, someone else's phone number comes up on the caller Id of the person I am calling (I tested it on my own cell phone and sure enough a different number other than mine comes up). I called tonight and they are now telling me they cannot fix it until day after tomorrow. I spoke with a supervisor and she can't even help me.

So, here I am, 2 months later paying for crappy phone service, now I cannot receive calls at home and no one will help me.

I try to complain, but no one wants to hear it. There is no "complain department", and I don't know where to even go get help. I have even given them terrible reviews and explained my story on their surveys, say their service is horrible and still no response. I have had Earthlink for many, many years and never had a problem until about a year ago. Now that I have switched the phone service, it is a nightmare, HELP!!

• Co
      3rd of Jun, 2016

The only way to get rid of Earthlink is to go to your bank and cancel the card or account their taking your money from and get a new account. Since 6/07 I tried to cancel. $21.95 a month! They do not refund stolen money!

3rd of Jun, 2016
    Earthlink - Terrible EarthLink experience
    Earthlink
    P.O. Box 243
    Sullivan City
    Texas
    Phone: 956 485 9680

Earthlink keeps taking money out of my account. I call every month and they say they are going to refund me and they never do. They said they were going to give me two months free and what do they do charge my account again. They have stolen about 150.00 dollars. I dont know what to do anymore. I had to block them from my bank account so they wont take any more out. I really dont know how effective this is couse I just did it today. If I disconnect the service I have to pay the disconnection fee and to be honest I dont have the money to pay for this. I dont want for it to go to the credit burro. Because its under my sister in laws name.