DTE Energy / terrible customer service

1 One Energy PlazaDetroit, MI, United States Review updated:

I have attempted to return to receiving a regular, paper bill from dte energy ever since I enrolled in e-bill and I never received my statements. I contacted the company by phone twice and sent one email requesting them to please send me a bill.

Instead, I kept receiving threatening calls when my bill due date passed. I would immediately pay when I was told the amount, and once again request a paper bill.

The last time, they did not call - they just placed a negative report on my absolutely perfect credit report.

I called to, once again, complain and I received a lecture about how I was supposed to know when my bills were due and how I should have been going to the website to check the amount.

This is not a company who should have a monopoly on service to customers. They are incompetent and it is the customers who pay the price.

• fastdove's Response, Oct 12, 2018

Waiting for response

Va

Comments

• Ki
      16th of Oct, 2008

First, DTE outsources their customer service representatives...Have you guys in Michigan ever wondered why all of the representatives you talk to may sound just a bit to southern for your neck of the woods? That would be because they outsource through a company in Norcross GA...as a former employee of that outsourcing company, let me tell you this...We used to laugh when you guys called in with your issues...(I know thats horrible). We even hang up on the extra rude ppl...which if youve ever called you know that 20 minute hold is stressful. I hear that the economic distress in Michigan is worse than it is anywhere else, so why does the company outsource when its obvious that you guys need the jobs more than we do? But, to defend the representativses that may seem rude to you, I know that being a former employee was stressful...9-10 hr shifts, 30 minute lunch breaks, and rude and (rightfully and sometimes not so) frustrated customers that berate you, expect you to work miracles, and blame you for their $1500 gas bill in a one bedroom apt...(came across that every 7 or so calls)...and speaking to the supervisor does nothing...(thats if you were talking to one...we used to hand them off to the agent next to us to reiterate our points)...So if youve ever wondered about the "horrible" custoner service, just know that there we reasons behind it...and if you need someone to blame for your mental distress, look to the quality control managers at DTE and the companies the outsorce through (NCO as well) and blame them for making the lives of the agents a living hell...
    xoxo
    (Happily) former employee

• Su
      19th of Feb, 2009

I have also had all of the above problems with DTE. It is an absolutely horrible company with the worst customer service ever. DTe does not need to provide good service because they have a monopoly. We have no place else to go. DTE stopped sending me bills a couple years ago. They insisted that I sign up for "recurring payments". I did that. Now, although my credit card is being charged, DTE is not crediting my account. They are threatening shut off, and charging all kinds of fees, though they created this mistake
    !

• De
      24th of Mar, 2010

I work for a company and we have a commerical account - Transferring services in and out of our companies name is a daily task. The phone prompts in the beginning "Press 1 for residential, press 2 for commerical" do not correctly work. I always press 2 for commercial, considering we have a commercial account and every time I get transferred to the residential sector. Which the residential section will not assist me and I must get transferred and placed on hold for even longer. I have contacted DTE about this matter and the problems has not been resolved.

• Cj
      20th of Jun, 2016

Every day at least once we lose power, usually for hours! Through attrition Dte has failed to maintain adequate personnel and as a result has failed to maintain equipment! There is no excuse for such shoddy service! The stock holders be damned. Hire some people and keep our power on!! 😡😡😡

• Cj

DTE Energy - Automated phone calls
    Detroit
    Michigan
    dteenergy.com

I have received automated calls stated my bill is pass due. After speaking with two customer service reps. on today's date, no one is able to stop the calls from occurring. I received two calls today, 7/16/18, (1) 7/15/2018, (2) 7/14/18. I am in the process of filing a criminal complaint for harassing phone calls.

• Na
      20th of Aug, 2018
    DTE Energy - Hello my name is mukhtar

My billing was cut off for 5-7 morning months, I initiated the conversation with Dte three months ago and I'm not getting any results ! My phone # is 313 590-2556!

• Cl
      20th of Aug, 2018
    DTE Energy - gas and electric billing
    Detroit
    Michigan
    dtteenergy.com

over six months and many phone request still can not my account right which has prevented me from using my membership in the service protection plan 9100 218 9800 2

• Fa
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    DTE Energy - Vacant house 2746 Vinewood, Power lines close to the ground.

I called DTE 3 days in a roll, they said a truck will be out, nothing, has been done.
    The power lines from pole to house should be removed or put back up, they
    pose a fire hazard.

• Da
      11th of Nov, 2018
    DTE Energy - Residential electric
    Ida Michigan

We are being charged 7-900 per month for a hone that is 1500 sqUre feet. We have reported this to DTE several times and gotten no where. We don't have any big things pulling electric. No threatening to [censored] off service if we don't pay over 1, 000 a month for electric.