DreamTemplate.com / Refund Scam

Wow. I wish I would have read the other complaints about this site before buying into their $59.99 a year plan. I thought the templates looked great, but when I downloaded them tey turned out to be outdated (from 2007) and completely not what I expected. Indeed they seemed like re-hashed designs.

They list on their FAQ page that there is an unconditional 30 day money back guarantee. When I asked for a refund, here is what they sent me.

According to our company policies you are not entitled for a cancellation as you have downloaded more than 20 templates before deciding to cancel your account.

Money Back Guarantee Policy
Buyers wishing to cancel their membership may do so within 30 days of the purchase and receive a full refund. However, refunds are not honoured if members download over 20+ templates before deciding to cancel their account.

- Hide quoted text -

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 03:51:13 -0500, wrote:
> Why would I pay for a membership to download free templates? Per your
> statement in the faq, I would like a full refund for my account. I will
> delete all templates I have downloaded thus far. Thank you for your
> cooperation. If you do not refund money via paypal within 2 business days,
> I will be forced to bring up a dispute through paypal. Thank you and I
> apologize for the misunderstanding.

It says nothing on their site about how many you can download before canceling. It says you can only download 20 a day, however they give you a 60 downloads a day limit. I of course downloaded many templates to see if they all were as crappy as the ones before. It turned out they really all were horrible! Little did I know that the support would also be horrible. I hope paypal honors this dispute.

DO NOT trust this company.

A  25th of Feb, 2009 by

I have filed a complaint with Paypal, the ACCC and I am mailing a complaint to the Queensland Office of Fair Trade.

If you notice, the Terms of Use are different on DreamTemplate.com from all of those listed on BrochureReady.com, IconObjects.com and ThemeLayout.com. All of these sites are ownd by the same company, however none of these sites list the 20+ downloads and no money back clause. On the signup page itself, the terms of use in the box, the ones that you agree to accept, also do not list he 20+ downloads on no money back clause. This is both deception and a pretty stupid move on their part. Any real dispute with this company (via a lawsuit... anyone hear of class action?) would surely hold up in court (no matter in Australia or US) because they falsified their Terms of Use page and did not modify the Terms as listed when you sign up and agree to them.

Even the Terms of Use seem bogus and are setup to trap the consumer from the beginning with a clause that states "Dream Template has the right to change these terms at any time without prior notice". That is not a reasonable or enforceable clause in a terms of use. That is a catch-all that is setup to screw over the consumer. This website has SCAM written all over it.

I am not so much fighting for my $60 as I am fighting for the end to one more scam on the internet.
A  25th of Mar, 2011 by
DreamTemplate sucks!

The site very slowly after I download 1 theme use internet download manager. then I change my ADSL ip, the next IP adress very simlilar with the first one, then the system suspend my account. I have to contact them to unblock it.

After unblock, I download 9 themes in this month, then the system tell me I've download 60 themeplates, I can't dowload anythin utill 24 hours later.

I contact the sales again, he reply some nonsense words, then didn't reply me anymore! My issue still hasn't be fixed till now!